NYCFC Social Media Thread

To me this looks like it goes from thigh to thigh and doesn't touch his arm...

I'm considering this 1 point dropped due to PRO.
It most definitely touches his arm and this angle confirms it.

I got to the part in the video and then hit “play/pause” as quickly as I could until it got there. Almost immediately after it first touches his knee, it touches the forearm and that is what keeps it from bouncing to Santi’s left.

Reactions: moogoo
It most definitely touches his arm and this angle confirms it.

I got to the part in the video and then hit “play/pause” as quickly as I could until it got there. Almost immediately after it first touches his knee, it touches the forearm and that is what keeps it from bouncing to Santi’s left.

Yep. Look at how the ball bounces off his thigh. It changes direction. This is pretty clear. Good call by VAR, unfortunate for us.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Yes. What you said is absolutely true. But in this case, I am confident he intended to use his arm. I can't prove it obviously. Just my gut feeling based on a lot of playing experience.

He brings his arm straight down and toward his trapping (right) leg. it's a very small movement, but to me, it looks different than a natural running motion.

Like I said, it's just my gut feeling. May have actually been unintentional and I'm just seeing what I'm seeing from a defender's POV on a cheating forward! :p

Personally, and I've never had playing experience past "PAL soccer league", it looks like just something he instinctively tried to do with his arms. Whether intentionally or unintentionally, that movement seems natural to me in terms of where you'd put your arms if you were in that situation... As a person who has never played soccer in a semi-professional way.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Considering the youth matches took place just across the street of the training facility, it’s disappointing only Callens was photographed showing up.
I kind of guessed that this game was near the main practice center, maybe on the the other side of the parking lot he's standing in.
We don't know who else was there, or if players regularly walk over for a few minutes when a kids event is in progress.

I kind of guessed that this game was near the main practice center, maybe on the the other side of the parking lot he's standing in.
We don't know who else was there, or if players regularly walk over for a few minutes when a kids event is in progress.
This. Many of the first team players are substantially involved with the kids, often show support at games, etc., and work with them frequently.

barraza went super saiyan

lhszegib9hzx1anaise6.jpg