NYCFC Social Media Thread

The club covered up sexual misconduct by its most famous player. Soooo?

Perhaps you will get the answers you want if you contacted your ticket rep or maybe someone listed on the front office staff page?

This is why I'm not a big fan of sporting clubs making statements or displays about things not directly related to the sport or something specific to their community. It's sort of become expected now that every organization now needs to make a statement on every matter, which is just silly.
I don't give an ish what NYCFC (or the Yankees, Jets etc.) have to say on this or any other issue that doesn't pertain to soccer or something specific to NYC (This is a national issue, not something specific to NYC. Maybe if it was a NYC law that spurred the supreme court challenge, maybe it would be different for me) I am more than capable of evaluating the matter and forming an opinion of my own. I want my soccer team to provide me with soccer to watch.
I fully support our players being able to make their own statements in an appropriate way, whether it be on Twitter, the lift up your shirt to reveal a message underneath, or something else that maintains professional integrity.

I just don't understand why the team itself needs to make a statement. If they did, it would simply be the canned PR statements that some organizations put out that nobody really cares about or shapes their opinion around.

Last edited:
And smart. Very cleverly worded. Personally, I would have been fine with them making no statement at all. But having chosen to do so, I don't think they could have done any better.

I guess sometimes it pays to take your time . . .

This is the 125,000th post in the team news and rumors forum. I thought that was pretty cool.

Not shade at all towards us. They were hyping up the match as a "Big Fucking Game" thanks to Marshawn Lynch.
I wonder how rubbing it in the face of the Timbers worked out for them? ......... nvm

not sure where else to put this. we seem too have poached this guy from the union academy and II squad.

so looks like he was an assistant in philly 2 team this year. interesting they didnt bring someone from within CFG ( or NYCFC academy) to be a assistant coach.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo