NYCFC Social Media Thread

This is different. This isn’t politics. This is health. It’s no different than COVID response
I get that. I also work in retail and I can tell you for 2 years I was verbally abused by the left and the right because of Covid policies I have zero control of. We simply followed CDC recommended guidelines. I’m sure anyone in retail will tell you the same thing.
People will turn everything into politics.

Reactions: Kjbert
I’ll also add that I don’t think this issue is 100% politically driven. I personally know people (mid to late 20’s) that vote democrat, go to church regularly and are against abortion. From that same friend group, republican and is pro. This is a moral/ethical based issue to a lot of people and in most cases based on religious upbringing.

Thrt posted a shoutout on Facebook to staff and supporters who repped the team at New York City pride . Got more likes but did look like it got some angry face emojis which is embarrassing.

Reactions: Higgs1 and Kjbert
I’ll also add that I don’t think this issue is 100% politically driven. I personally know people (mid to late 20’s) that vote democrat, go to church regularly and are against abortion. From that same friend group, republican and is pro. This is a moral/ethical based issue to a lot of people and in most cases based on religious upbringing.

I went to mass this morning. Catholics want to make this a moral issue but they can’t answer the question of “what about the mom’s life.”

People want to make this political…moral…religious.

It’s fucking science and health. Period. What if New York told men they can’t get vasectomies? Response would be different.

I went to mass this morning. Catholics want to make this a moral issue but they can’t answer the question of “what about the mom’s life.”

People want to make this political…moral…religious.

It’s fucking science and health. Period. What if New York told men they can’t get vasectomies? Response would be different.
I’m not disagreeing with anything you’re saying. Simply giving my opinion as to why the club won’t share anything.

I will say that I think it’s interesting that we do things like pride day, and do no Roe statement, while abortion is much more accepted in the UAE then homosexuality. It makes me wonder if the pride stuff is mandated by the league.

I will say that I think it’s interesting that we do things like pride day, and do no Roe statement, while abortion is much more accepted in the UAE then homosexuality. It makes me wonder if the pride stuff is mandated by the league.
Man City also does stuff with celebrating pride. In todays world it’s not something you can get away with not supporting. Even a UAE ownership group understands that.

Shia Muslims are more progressive on abortion than American Christians.

I believe the Emiratis are Sunnis.

Are we not playing games in other states?

I share concerns on health and other issues associated with the decision. However, the decision has minimal effect, if any, on related health concerns of employees of this NY entity.

If you want the team to make a statement for political reasons, fine. But this particular reason is quite the stretch.

I share concerns on health and other issues associated with the decision. However, the decision has minimal effect, if any, on related health concerns of employees of this NY entity.

If you want the team to make a statement for political reasons, fine. But this particular reason is quite the stretch.

How could a pregnant employee possibly travel to a game in day, Texas or Missouri?

You are really, really reaching.

Not in the slightest. If a pregnant employee travels for a game at Dallas and needs an urgent medical procedure that involves an abortion, it could be illegal. What happens then? She dies? She has to rush out of the state to find health care? It's a very real concern for women living (or visiting) these states now.

Reactions: Vallos and Kjbert
You are really, really reaching.
How is that even possibly a stretch? You could be five weeks pregnant and still not even know yet. Might not even be all that concerned at six weeks, for that matter, especially if you're not super regular. If you're six weeks pregnant, don't know it, and then suddenly you have a serious problem while you happen to be in Texas, what are you going to do when the doctors are not allowed to treat you? This is not at all farfetched, it's what the law is now, and it can happen to anyone.

And for those who are saying we're "safe" because we're in New York, are you really willing to just write off 100 million of your fellow Americans who happen to live in "unsafe" states?

Reactions: Vallos and Kjbert
How is that even possibly a stretch? You could be five weeks pregnant and still not even know yet. Might not even be all that concerned at six weeks, for that matter, especially if you're not super regular. If you're six weeks pregnant, don't know it, and then suddenly you have a serious problem while you happen to be in Texas, what are you going to do when the doctors are not allowed to treat you? This is not at all farfetched, it's what the law is now, and it can happen to anyone.

And for those who are saying we're "safe" because we're in New York, are you really willing to just write off 100 million of your fellow Americans who happen to live in "unsafe" states?

i think the reach isn't so much that it isn't a concern. the reach is that this is enough reason for the club to put on on their social media channels how they plan to address the concern. there's no reason the club needs to publicize anything. some companies have done it. some haven't. does that mean they don't give a fuck? no. it just means they aren't willing to publicize their plans.

i think the reach isn't so much that it isn't a concern. the reach is that this is enough reason for the club to put on on their social media channels how they plan to address the concern. there's no reason the club needs to publicize anything. some companies have done it. some haven't. does that mean they don't give a fuck? no. it just means they aren't willing to publicize their plans.

Exactly. Social media != club policy with respect to employees. If employees of the team made public complaints -women or men, pregnant, or not - regarding NYCFC policies pertaining to travel and health concerns, then it would be an issue. There could, in fact, be legal reasons for not posting policies in an area of law that is in flux.

As for showing one’s ass, there is only person in this thread that is the forum’s all-time leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: moogoo

The Texas (and Missouri) trigger laws include exceptions for medical emergencies. There could be changes, and I would encourage anyone traveling to these states with concerns to stay advised, consulting an expert as needed, but as of now the laws are not every headline.

For those who are not, and have the means, there are number of organizations assisting women disproportionately affected due to race and socioeconomic status, including at the ground level. I’d suggest https://abortionfunds.org/

The club covered up sexual misconduct by its most famous player. Soooo?