NYCFC Sponsorship Thread

Oh no… there are not many worse sponsors out there… this is literally quite shitty… I think I prefer a MLM scheme as a sponsor like LAG. Going from a local high end chocolate company to a pointlessly gendered butt wipe is just not a good look. (Even though it is kinda funny)

Oh no… there are not many worse sponsors out there… this is literally quite shitty… I think I prefer a MLM scheme as a sponsor like LAG. Going from a local high end chocolate company to a pointlessly gendered butt wipe is just not a good look. (Even though it is kinda funny)
There is a lot of humor to be mined in the transition from a chocolate company to a butt wipe company.

pointlessly gendered butt wipe
The modern world just keeps coming up with words and phrases that would have seemed inconceivable a few years ago.

Also, someone please tell me that this part of the press release is a joke
PGA Tour player Harry
Higgs, who sports the Dude Wipes logo on his left chest in matches, will wear the NYCFC kit -- complete with the company’s new branding --
during the popular No. 16 hole of today’s first round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open.

Sure, but at least our butts will be clean

giphy.gif

I realize they were probably the highest bidder and that's why they did this -- and good for them, make your money. But there's something to be said for not taking a sponsorship agreement on your jersey that will cause your team to be mocked every single day. As if there isn't enough mocking already. It's going to become really annoying, behind only the stadium mocking.

Someone probably needs to justify their job and this is how it's done in the corporate world?

Someone gets a vig on this. It helps justify their salary. No problem whatsoever. Everyone needs to get fed.

I realize they were probably the highest bidder and that's why they did this -- and good for them, make your money. But there's something to be said for not taking a sponsorship agreement on your jersey that will cause your team to be mocked every single day. As if there isn't enough mocking already. It's going to become really annoying, behind only the stadium mocking.
Screw the mockers. We are the champions, and we have the confidence to have butt wipes on our jerseys. I am just surprised this made it past the CFG stiffs and they allowed something so ridiculous and kind of funny. It's probably about the $$, but embrace the levity. Next season, it's gonna be Tipsy Elves.