Nycfc Supporter Relations

If you think about it we have signed 2 huge names (Villa, Lampard) and have been linked to Xavi and Gilardino among others. They signed Kaka....thats it so they have to make it a huge deal in order to keep the interest. I think NY is confident in the fan base. Plus we all know the yankees mentality.... if you want to see the players buy a ticket and come to the game which leads to spending another $20 on beer haha
I am fairly certain that Kaka is huge signing and every indication is that Orlando is aggressively going after big names, just like NYCFC. The rest of their team will be just like NYCFC's majority. Solid role-players, hopefully.

I am fairly certain that Kaka is huge signing and every indication is that Orlando is aggressively going after big names, just like NYCFC. The rest of their team will be just like NYCFC's majority. Solid role-players, hopefully.

Has anyone heard any update on the Orlando/Robinho signing? Did that fall apart?

It's not fallen apart, but it's certainly heading that way. AC Milan's CEO said yesterday that it's "unlikely", which in Italian transfer speak doesn't actually mean that it's unlikely so much as it means if they don't complete the transfer very shortly he will lose patience and pull out. Considering how long this has been going on, there's every chance that that could happen. Also, there have been reports recently saying that Robinho would prefer to go to Brazil than the USA.

I did think of posting that. Funny crazy old ladies.

Still I wish NYCFC would let fans express themselves like that. If anything to make other clubs jealous not so they can mock NYC.

CFG is playing it smart. Let the rumors fly. Let the media go crazy over sightings. Remember that photo of David Villa being seen in Manchester for a physical? That's what gets people talking! A hidden snap shop of Lampard at a check-in gate surfaces, people are talking. Instead of blowing their load all at once CFG is taking their time by leaking bits of information here and there.

NYCFC doesn't need to tell everyone that DP3 is going to be at the airport. NYCFC is going to keep it under wraps so we (the fans) trip over our feet guessing who it is.

I love the way NYCFC is doing it, it's exciting. We all knew who DP2 was going to be. The excitement of seeing hearing "the big announcement TOMORROW' then Dejan getting a hold of the press release. Then the twitterverse going crazy. When I woke up the next day I was genuinely excited, like a kid. I couldn't wait for 10:30. I sat my daughter on my knee, got a bottle ready for her and sat in front of my computer watching the LiveStream countdown. I can't wait for the next announcement to feel the same excitement.

OC had a great event for Kaka - it was a huge success for them and they will be able to brag about it for years to come. But the way NYCFC did it, they gained a thousand new fans who ALL got to share the excitement TOGETHER online and on twitter.

There is no right or wrong here. They are just different paths to the same goal.

I mean idk why you guys care that orlando had a "big" thing with kaka at the airport. Let's stop comparing ourselves to them.
I don't care and agree that having an airport greeting is stupid. I posted the Beatles link as a joke.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
NYC is a special city, I mean all the frenzy and hub bub that usually overwhelms any other city doesnt here. Take the super bowl for example. I know it was played in jersey, but all the media, fan-zone etc was simply absorbed. if you weren't within a few blocks you wouldn't know a super-bowl was happening. Any other city; miami, indianapolis, detroit, jacksonville, etc. the super-bowl takes over the town. New Yorkers have too much to do/too many options. It's frikkin' great

Last edited:
It looks impressive, but it's worth noting that Kaka's event appeared to be a security nightmare. That can't have been safe for the airport, the fans, or Kaka himself. Shutting down the Orlando airport is one thing, NY's airports are another. And where's the security? If something went wrong, that situation could have turned South very quickly.

Moreover, Orlando isn't used to courting big stars. NYC has Manning, Jeter, Melo, etc. Different locales require different approaches because the reactions will be different. NYC could interpret such a thing as belittling where Orlando is thrilled someone actually wants to play for one of their sports teams.

It looks impressive, but it's worth noting that Kaka's event appeared to be a security nightmare. That can't have been safe for the airport, the fans, or Kaka himself. Shutting down the Orlando airport is one thing, NY's airports are another. And where's the security? If something went wrong, that situation could have turned South very quickly.

Moreover, Orlando isn't used to courting big stars. NYC has Manning, Jeter, Melo, etc. Different locales require different approaches because the reactions will be different. NYC could interpret such a thing as belittling where Orlando is thrilled someone actually wants to play for one of their sports teams.
I honestly think MLS "made" Kaka go to orlando. Theres no way he went there voluntarily.

I honestly think MLS "made" Kaka go to orlando. Theres no way he went there voluntarily.
He is good friends with the owner, they are from the same town or something. It has been pretty much assumed that he would be going to Orlando ever since the expansion announcement.

Speaking of Brazilians, there are now reports that Ronaldinho is MIA from Atletico Mineiro. Could he be coming to MLS?

Speaking of Brazilians, there are now reports that Ronaldinho is MIA from Atletico Mineiro. Could he be coming to MLS?
Hasn't he been linked to Orlando?
Edit: disregard. This is what happens when you aren't paying attention to the thread you are in.

Hasn't he been linked to Orlando?
Edit: disregard. This is what happens when you aren't paying attention to the thread you are in.

I believe that Robinho has been linked to Orlando, but i haven't heard anything about Ronaldinho until today. As I said, he's gone missing from Atletico Mineiro. They gave him permission to leave the club for a few days to attend a ceremonial match in Portugal. The thing is that he never showed up. And he hasn't returned to his club.

I believe that Robinho has been linked to Orlando, but i haven't heard anything about Ronaldinho until today. As I said, he's gone missing from Atletico Mineiro. They gave him permission to leave the club for a few days to attend a ceremonial match in Portugal. The thing is that he never showed up. And he hasn't returned to his club.
Oooo. So he is literally missing.

Looks like Ronaldinho will be on the move. I would love to see him in the MLS