Nycfc V Cosmos Postgame & Motm

I'm not convinced many coaches could do much with this team but seeing as he's the one that assembled it he has to share a lion's share of the blame. Thank the spaghetti monster god that we have reinforcements coming. If we lost against any other team I would've forgotten about it already but I just hate those loser cosmos trolls.
Good god, people. For the thousandth time, this roster sucks because we're an expansion side. Look for ten people out of the expansion draft who could have helped us more than the ones we got.

The loss of Lampard and the lack of DP3 absolutely killed this team. There's only three spots we can guarantee being strong at, and MCFC screwed us on one and haven't signed the other.

The depth simply isn't there, and you need depth to succeed in the Open Cup. I'm gutted by this performance, but you all are insane.

Because the Cosmos are a fantastically talented offensive team. Ignore the NASL tag - that's a team that scores a ton of goals in MLS. Mads would start for us over Mullins, and he's a sub for them.
I'll take hunter freeman as a starting striker over Mullins hell. I'll take a guy in a wheelchair

Good god, people. For the thousandth time, this roster sucks because we're an expansion side. Look for ten people out of the expansion draft who could have helped us more than the ones we got.

The loss of Lampard and the lack of DP3 absolutely killed this team. There's only three spots we can guarantee being strong at, and MCFC screwed us on one and haven't signed the other.

The depth simply isn't there, and you need depth to succeed in the Open Cup. I'm gutted by this performance, but you all are insane.

100% agree. It's one thing to be upset by the coaching decisions because we should be. But having 3 games in 7 days with our roster is a drain. Other than playing all 11 the entire game you're bound to make a bad sub as your remaining players are.. Bad. Worse then the ones you were forced to start to save legs for the MLS game.

yeah, pretty much. People here are screaming "tactical blunders" from the mountains, but we were two inches on a penalty away from beating a fantastic team on the road with a bunch of subs.

Poku at Striker is what's unlocked what was a terrible offense, and Kreis made that call.

He made the call to finally put Poku in position after weeks of stalling. He played him out of position and took time to constantly point out supposed stamina issues and other shortcomings...something he hasnt done for anyone else.

If Kreis had a clue he would of given Poku a chance in his actual position (forward) from the start...and not trials at CDM..where he still shined by the way. Despite not being a defensive minded player.

Tonight wasnt some revelation by Kreis..who finally "discovered" Poku's talent.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99 and Kjbert
Just tell Pirlo that New York won tonight. Hopefully he doesn't know the difference.
Yeah they sure confused the shit out of people by wearing blue and having the broadcast list them as NYC and us as NFC. Who the fuck wants to play for Near Field Communications anyway?

Reactions: Kjbert and Gavin23
on a positive note, we had a great turnout
JCKPtnN.jpg

I understand that. Its all you got.
Bullshit. You're just wrong here, dude.

Within context, each of Kreis' moves tonight were ones that I was totally comfortable with. You don't plan for penalties up 2-1 in the 86th because you trust your damn players to win you the game. You guys would be torching him for leaving on Poku, too, if he had left him on for the equalizer, anyway.

If you were actually watching the game, you'd have noticed Poku was worn out at the end of the game. In the off-chance that the game *did* go to extra time, Poku wouldn't have any legs left. So taking him off rather than Mullins was the right move, as Mullins is far more fit than Poku is at this stage in his career.

And dear god - if you can't see Poku's stamina concerns, you're blind. He was shot by the 75th.

I didn't love bringing Grabavoy on due to size limitations, but we don't have another midfielder he could have brought on with defensive discipline. It was either Grabavoy or Tommy Mcnamara - that's about all that was on the bench. It totally made sense to shut it down in the 86th - it's done so often because it usually works.

Taking Hernandez off made sense as well - due to his lack of size, he struggles with crosses, and that was the Cosmos entire gameplan in the second half. Allen continued to get skinned, so you try to put pressure on the ball with Wingert at outside back. Unfortunately, though, that means you have to bring on Kwame, who, well, blows goats.

This game flipped on a missed Alvarez penalty that was just mishit. If that shot's two inches lower, we're celebrating a huge win.

You're just wrong here, dude. A few calls backfired due to a lack of depth. If we have a normal roster (or just a little more luck), we're celebrating a big win in 90.

Last edited: