Official 2016 Nycfc Roster Discussion Thread

When I saw them in Manchester, Taylor looked very good with pace to burn. I am hoping he can be the solution to the right hand side of the attack.
When he went down after a third of a game, My buddy and I looked at each other and said we just loss half of the team's only speed on the flanks.... felt so bad for the guy getting snake-bit like that and felt so bad for me (and everyone) having to watch slow guys play outside.

Rumor is that Grabavoy decided to be a "free agent" via the MLS players' union contract negotiated this past year rather than come back to NYCFC.
Wouldn't surprise me.... he knew the villagers have been sharpening their pitchforks all season long and without his liege lord Kries protecting him, it was going to soon come to a trial by fire.

Wouldn't surprise me.... he knew the villagers have been sharpening their pitchforks all season long and without his liege lord Kries protecting him, it was going to soon come to a trial by fire.
Agree and also regret this. It wasn't NG's fault JK played him ahead of others. It was his job to try to get into the starting XI every week. It was JK's job to be able to tell he had no business there.

As much as I hated seeing his name in the lineup and am happy he is gone, I also think he gets way too much personal hate. He was just a mediocre player trying to do his job.

Agree and also regret this. It wasn't NG's fault JK played him ahead of others. It was his job to try to get into the starting XI every week. It was JK's job to be able to tell he had no business there.

As much as I hated seeing his name in the lineup and am happy he is gone, I also think he gets way too much personal hate. He was just a mediocre player trying to do his job.
I agree and I disagree. The guy had a broken toe which limited his ability to sprint and kick. His job may have been to get in the starting XI, but he had a responsibility to his teammates to say, "Coach, I really cannot help that much in my present condition, I'm kicking like a u-10 player and I'm slower than a u-8. Once I heal maybe I can surprise everybody with 2 goals in a game."

I agree and I disagree. The guy had a broken toe which limited his ability to sprint and kick. His job may have been to get in the starting XI, but he had a responsibility to his teammates to say, "Coach, I really cannot help that much in my present condition, I'm kicking like a u-10 player and I'm slower than a u-8. Once I heal maybe I can surprise everybody with 2 goals in a game."
Real competitors never want to see the bench for any reason. It's the responsibility of the coach to step in and make the right call when an athletes competitive nature gets the best of them. I don't see why you would ever want an athlete to temper that competitive drive.

Real competitors never want to see the bench for any reason. It's the responsibility of the coach to step in and make the right call when an athletes competitive nature gets the best of them. I don't see why you would ever want an athlete to temper that competitive drive.
Agreed. It would be different if he hid the injury. But everyone knew. So it's the call of first the medical staff whether he is cleared to play, and second the coach whether he is the best option.

arrow-alt-up.png

Who's that?

Reactions: Kjbert
You know who else looked good to me in preseason? Grabavoy.

Honestly, the only thing I remember about Taylor is his strike against Jacksonville in our preseason game, and we all got a little bit excited. The sample we have to go off for Taylor is so small, he's still a complete wildcard. I sure hope he's not penciled in for a big role.
The strike was against St. Mirren*

And if you watched MLS before 2015, you have more of a sample size on him.

I have moved on to the 2016 season. JK comments won't get a response out of me anymore I think PV was a good hire from a developmental standpoint and I am ready to support him, especially as teams like Dallas, LAG, and the Pink Energy Drink Cows have shown us how important an academy system is. I also like the Chicago hire for the same reasons. These aren't the typical European manger retreads that have failed time and time again in MLS. These are coaches that know how to build players from the ground up and it's exciting to see MLS go in that direction.

These roster moves were a good first step, but we still have a lot of work to do to field a perennial MLS Cup/CCL competitor. Some of that has to do with moves JK made, some of that has to do with moves CFG made, and some of that has to do with the fact we are a first year club. CFG still needs to show us that they can figure out how to win in MLS, but giving us their heir-apparent coach is a good first step.

I have moved on to the 2016 season. JK comments won't get a response out of me anymore I think PV was a good hire from a developmental standpoint and I am ready to support him, especially as teams like Dallas, LAG, and the Pink Energy Drink Cows have shown us how important an academy system is. I also like the Chicago hire for the same reasons. These aren't the typical European manger retreads that have failed time and time again in MLS. These are coaches that know how to build players from the ground up and it's exciting to see MLS go in that direction.

These roster moves were a good first step, but we still have a lot of work to do to field a perennial MLS Cup/CCL competitor. Some of that has to do with moves JK made, some of that has to do with moves CFG made, and some of that has to do with the fact we are a first year club. CFG still needs to show us that they can figure out how to win in MLS, but giving us their heir-apparent coach is a good first step.
Yep.

Watching a bunch of MLS noobs bad mouth Kreis off of 1 season would be like putting up with a bunch of European soccer noobs bad-mouth Mourinho based on watching just this season in the EPL.

Not even worth discussing it with a bunch of ignorant noobs anymore. On to PV. The bar is set. Anything less than 10 wins is a failure.

Reactions: ChiefBlue and Gene
Yep.

Watching a bunch of MLS noobs bad mouth Kreis off of 1 season would be like putting up with a bunch of European soccer noobs bad-mouth Mourinho based on watching just this season in the EPL.

Not even worth discussing it with a bunch of ignorant noobs anymore. On to PV. The bar is set. Anything less than 10 wins is a failure.
:confused:

Reactions: sbrylski
The strike was against St. Mirren*

And if you watched MLS before 2015, you have more of a sample size on him.

Huh? Tony Taylor literally made one appearance in MLS prior to us selecting him in the expansion draft.

Are you telling me you watched G.D. Estoril Praia games or AC Omonia games from 2009-2014 to form your opinion of Taylor? I also see that he played 11 games with the U-20's, but that was back in 2009.

Whether you started watching MLS in 2015 or started watching in 1996, I think it's safe to say that nobody has a good viewing sample on Taylor.

Huh? Tony Taylor literally made one appearance in MLS prior to us selecting him in the expansion draft.

Are you telling me you watched G.D. Estoril Praia games or AC Omonia games from 2009-2014 to form your opinion of Taylor? I also see that he played 11 games with the U-20's, but that was back in 2009.

Whether you started watching MLS in 2015 or started watching in 1996, I think it's safe to say that nobody has a good viewing sample on Taylor.

Nycfc fan is a troll. Ignore him. Most of his posts are nonsense and dribbel.

Nycfc fan is a troll. Ignore him. Most of his posts are nonsense and dribbel.
Excellent post, Gavin.

Don't know how this forum would survive without your quality contributions. :D

All I was saying is Tony Taylor was in the league last season.