Official 2016 Nycfc Roster Discussion Thread

From his own wiki page

Jhon Kennedy Hurtado Valencia (born May 16, 1984) is a Colombian footballer who last played for Chivas USA in Major League Soccer.

So the guy has been out of mls for a year, and we pick him up? Anyone know anything about him? Would he be a good/cheap backup, is he just insurance for this pre-season game in case we need depth, does management still have their heads up their rears?

I NEED ANSWERS!

From his own wiki page

Jhon Kennedy Hurtado Valencia (born May 16, 1984) is a Colombian footballer who last played for Chivas USA in Major League Soccer.

So the guy has been out of mls for a year, and we pick him up? Anyone know anything about him? Would he be a good/cheap backup, is he just insurance for this pre-season game in case we need depth, does management still have their heads up their rears?

I NEED ANSWERS!
Hurtado isn't very good and is slow. We shouldn't sign him. Good enough?

No rumors yet of us negotiating with free agents in MLS yet?

Hurtado isn't very good and is slow. We shouldn't sign him. Good enough?

No rumors yet of us negotiating with free agents in MLS yet?
I think that there was a dearth of players we could pick up cheap to be camp fodder for this trip, he was one of them. Zero chance he stays

Reactions: MagnusPax
Looks like he is on a $125K contract. Straight up swap for Brovsky roster-wise. I have probably seen him play on tv, but the name and face don't ring a bell at all.

Your CB depth

Hernandez
Mena
White
Wingert

Not sure what the plans are with Teixiera, but that seems to be a lot of money tied up at CB already ($765k).

He's an upgrade over Kwame, that's good enough for me. Gotta build good depth.
Exactly right. Ethan White is the type of player, with a fresh start can really blossom into a good one. Bottom line is, we can sit here and say, this move sucks, and what is NYCFC doing blah blah blah but truth be told, we don't know how this will work out.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Seems like a good move to me. 4th round pick is meaningless and he is definitely an upgrade over KWS and a wash with Brovsky in terms of money. We still have guys we can cut *COUGH* Jacobsen* COUGH* Wingert* So im optimistic.