Official 2016 Nycfc Roster Discussion Thread

I'd like to see mix get forward. Loved him in a forward role for the USMNT. He had a great assist to Jozy I believe it was and was dangerous the couple times he got forward. Why not just play him on the right?

The man pretty much replacing Mix's shot to start at CDM. This is a huge season for Lampard and Mix to step up. Both on the chopping block
How exactly is Lampard on the Chopping Block? There's not a chance that he will be cut before seeing out his contract.

How exactly is Lampard on the Chopping Block? There's not a chance that he will be cut before seeing out his contract.
MagnusPax MagnusPax Sorry didn't clarify. I didn't mean it as cutting I meant that in regards to fan respect. Lampard pulled his shit last season and Mix underperformed. At what point is enough enough for his salary with average performances

When thinking about international spots opening up after the season, it does no good to consider the DP spots, unless you know of an American out there who deserves DP money from us (at the rate that we can spend it). I can't think of any Americans worth that money that aren't already in MLS.

When thinking about international spots opening up after the season, it does no good to consider the DP spots, unless you know of an American out there who deserves DP money from us (at the rate that we can spend it). I can't think of any Americans worth that money that aren't already in MLS.
This. Lamp and Pirlo will be replaced with Zlatan and Nasri. Or the like. No change in international slots.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I can't imagine all of our INT signings this offseason will pan out to be honest so some may not last for more than a year. As for an American DP, a lot can happen over a course of a year so we'll see what happens. If Poku lives up to his hype this season, I wouldn't mind paying him DP money to keep him long term

Reactions: Konrad
Fabian Johnson?

I wouldn't hate it if we signed Geoff Cameron, but you're right that he wouldn't really deserve DP money from us given that we should be able to easily spend $5 million or more on the player's wages. Bedoya and Johannson are good as well, but I think they're clearly inferior to other attacking options we could get with a DP spot.

Brooks and Fabian Johnson would also be in consideration, but I don't see either of them coming to MLS anytime soon.

Reactions: Kjbert