Official 2016 Postseason Thread

Any idea what time kick off will be for the Sunday 30th Oct game? (I'm assuming @ Toronto). I've arranged a thing at my house and will need to reschedule it if the game is before 6pm?

Reactions: Kjbert
Any idea what time kick off will be for the Sunday 30th Oct game? (I'm assuming @ Toronto). I've arranged a thing at my house and will need to reschedule it if the game is before 6pm?
I'm assuming we won't know until the matchups are set. There's a chance if Toronto wins tomorrow, maybe we'll know tomorrow night, but I would bet we won't know until late Thursday night.

Since there is always so much discussion about how being hot before the playoffs matter, I thought this was pretty interesting. I'm sure, if we all think about it, there are some imperfections in the methodology, but it is good stuff.

That's some insteresting stats. But Toronto (lower GD)'s numbers are obscured by their rediculous number of home matches down the stretch. Not sure about the other teams on the list, but I bet we had more road matches then they did, skewing our numbers downward.

That's some insteresting stats. But Toronto (lower GD)'s numbers are obscured by their rediculous number of home matches down the stretch. Not sure about the other teams on the list, but I bet we had more road matches then they did, skewing our numbers downward.
Absolutely. Home/away split and strength of schedule could definitely skew the data. Incidentally, we are 5 home and 5 away in our last 10 (after having been 5 away and just 1 home in the six matches just before the last 10). So, likely less favorable than Toronto given their screwed up schedule, but probably in the middle of the pack generally.

Home - LA, DC, Dal, Chi and CLB
Away - CLB, Orl, NE, Hou and DC

Reactions: adam
If you're willing to spend the cash, and want the experience, Pitchside seats are available on a single game basis on Ticketmaster for the playoffs. They range between $650-700 per seat, significantly higher than the season ticket price. These are not resale tickets or prices.

Also, the Legends seats I released are now $325 a seat from $180 what I would have paid for them.

These are US Soccer, CONCACAF prices.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...tistid=1991293&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11

If you're willing to spend the cash, and want the experience, Pitchside seats are available on a single game basis on Ticketmaster for the playoffs. They range between $650-700 per seat, significantly higher than the season ticket price. These are not resale tickets or prices.

Also, the Legends seats I released are now $325 a seat from $180 what I would have paid for them.

These are US Soccer, CONCACAF prices.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...tistid=1991293&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11
Jesus, I asked my ticket rep about these because I saw them listed at $300 and figured that much for an Eastern Conference final would be worth it. But at this rate, no thanks.

Jesus, I asked my ticket rep about these because I saw them listed at $300 and figured that much for an Eastern Conference final would be worth it. But at this rate, no thanks.

I see resale Legends tickets available for $256. But still, they really jacked up prices.

Last edited:
I see resale tickets available for $256. But still, they really jacked up prices.
I meant for the Pitchside, they were either listed as $300 or $400 but I'm not paying that much for seats. I'll stick to my cheap seats.

I meant for the Pitchside, they were either listed as $300 or $400 but I'm not paying that much for seats. I'll stick to my cheap seats.

Yeah $400 or $425 for season ticket holders. They raised the prices by 64% for individual seats.

I don't get the point of Legends seats for an important match. I sit Midfield (Section 126). I have a great view. Sitting in Legends looks like a horrible idea for soccer matches. You are way too low and if you take advantage of the free food it's only pregame. My two cents.

Pitchside is different.

looks like were playing toronto this sunday. this should honestly be interesting. DC will beat montreal and prob end up beating the red bulls. dont be shocked if the red bulls get beaten by DC. and if we lose to toronto too i wont be surprised

It's definite. We are facing the Atomic Ant and Company.

Earlier this evening my kid called this game 3-1 Toronto. He also predicted a 4-3 DC win tomorrow so you can bank on it (the score seems like a stretch but the kid has a knack).