Votes: 47 26.3%
  • Hate It

Votes: 46 25.7%
  • Hate - Will Purchase To Support Club

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Neutral

Votes: 68 38.0%

• Total voters
Guys seriously you disagree at the end of day. Worlds not going to end.
Take the next step and email the club. Email your rep. I'll be sending an email to our contact letting him know the response hasn't been too great. Sending a screenshot of the poll which shows the opinions of those on the forum.
Doing anything else at this point is pointless. There's no sense in even talking about. Just need to sit back and see what step the club takes next.
After being heavily involved in the discussion yesterday I've stayed away today except to vote the poll in the morning a and post a very brief note on it. I think Dan's advice to call or email is the right way to go. I emailed fan services yesterday with a brief, polite but direct statement of my opinion and position. I would encourage everyone on any side of this to do the same. And vote with your dollars. If you love it or are at least satisfied buy as many as you want. If you're unhappy hold your money back until you see something you like. I personally don't understand buying something you don't quite like to show support but if that's your thing go ahead.

60%+ are on hate or neutral. Thats not good.
102 out of 150 responders hate it or are neutral. That is now closer to 70% from real fans. The presentation was so amateurish it was embarrassing as a New Yorker. The entire thing was a juggler, a WWE announcer wannabe, but mostly a crass commercial for Etihad. Then that generic Man City jersey devoid of NYC flavor or style.

Etihad stewardesses standing around Doing nothing, and then having kids throwing tshirts and rubber balls for us to compete over getting? Really? They couldn't give a tshirt to each attendee? That's how they treat two season ticket holders? . A huge waste of our time and disappointment.

Tried to find the jersey sales by team in the MLS but could only find the top players sales #1 dempsey #2 LD not even how many of each
but heres the sale by team world wide. with a combination of our fans and fans from other countries following their favorite players its not a stretch to think we could crack the top 10 with a few good years. We are a large market with global appeal. heres what sells now

Top_Selling_Shirt_adi.jpgTop_Selling_Shirt_Nike.jpg

Right take advantage of a global market by putting out a product most of it won't embrace. Bet you the jersey was sky blue, Etihad on the front with some legit details to make it NYC and not a lazy MCFC imitation, it could legit be the top selling jersey in mls history, second only to maybe the sounders. I think if the FO gets it together, the away might just do that.

I expected sky-blue to be the primary color, which I like, but to basically be the same as an MCFC shirt is disappointing. I have shirts like this already so I am definitely not buying this. I hope the away/third is much different.

102 out of 150 responders hate it or are neutral. That is now closer to 70% from real fans. The presentation was so amateurish it was embarrassing as a New Yorker. The entire thing was a juggler, a WWE announcer wannabe, but mostly a crass commercial for Etihad. Then that generic Man City jersey devoid of NYC flavor or style.

Etihad stewardesses standing around Doing nothing, and then having kids throwing tshirts and rubber balls for us to compete over getting? Really? They couldn't give a tshirt to each attendee? That's how they treat two season ticket holders? . A huge waste of our time and disappointment.
The kids throwing shirts was humiliating. Like we are to be treated like animals being tossed food. They really should've either given a shirt to all the fans or at the very least, made sure every single kid in attendance got a shirt.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
This whole jersey release has left a really bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what this club stands for, and I don't know why I should support them.

I was incredibly excited at the beginning, but it's gone downhill since then,

Neutral. Its a bit too plain for me. But I like the sky blue. Probably won't be buying one as I already have a Villa shirt and well its not so different aside from the material.

Orange and blue is hideous and it's obvious why we didn't use it. Just look at this atrocity. /sarcasm font

TT-NI577963-471-2.jpg

But what's wrong with that?
There is a lot of the sky is falling nonsense going on at the moment. I think it's safe to say that the kit was always going to be sky blue. I think most people just wanted it to have some (albeit small) differentiating element from the core MCFC kit. I don't think that was too much to ask. I also don't think everyone needs to get crazy. I don't like it but it has more to do with the negative perception of the club by everyone (fans, media, MLS fans) than anything else. And I think those opinions do need to be taken seriously if the league and it's perception here and abroad wants to grow.

The good part about all of this is the kit will always be evolving, we will create our own history as time goes on, and we can see what CFC are really made of when it comes to fan opinion. There's no way this has all gone unnoticed by them.
Are we sure? In what way have they shown themselves to be responsive? They helped set up and promote a supporter group that tries to crush any other element trying to do something different that isn't under club management's thumb. I'm not sold they give a damn.

This whole jersey release has left a really bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what this club stands for, and I don't know why I should support them.

I was incredibly excited at the beginning, but it's gone downhill since then,

Should you really know what the club stands for BEFORE they've played a single match? A single year?

Reactions: Drainyoo
Here are my thoughts. Forgetting for just a moment that they are close to a replica of the Man City kit, I think they are great looking and sharp, certainly compared to other MLS team kits. However, I must say that I was slightly disappointed that they are so blatantly similar to Man City's for two reasons (leaving aside that I have grown up a Man United fan!). One, I was expecting it to be unique, special and different in a way that captures the spirit and/or imagery of NYC. The logo does this to some extent, but it would have been so easy to include something in the style that was distinct from the parent team and representative of the hometown, even if it was subtle. Second, the result signals to me that the decision makers are somewhat out of touch with the fan base. It was a no-brainer that there would be this partially negative reaction, so I would have expected more strategic consideration of this beforehand. With that said, it hasn't lessened my excitement about the team or my support. In fact, I already ordered my jersey and will wear it proudly. I was just a bit surprised, and am hopeful this was merely a slight misstep.

Won't the marketplace decide if our decision makers are "out of touch with the fan base"?

Right now it seems it's only the 200 people on message boards we have heard from. Why don't we see what the other 15k to 25k fans have to say between December and April?

I called my rep earlier and said how happy I am with the kit and everything else that the club is doing for us season ticket holders and supporters. I've pre-ordered a shirt already and look forward to buying the other shirts as they're released.

Thank you NYCFC and CFG!!!!
How many season tickets do you have? Why do you claim to be a true fan? Because you love CFG and "Citeh"? I love NYC and want our own team. People that argue we wouldn't have a team without CFG are making a farcical argument. CFG owns the team because they out bid everyone. A team was coming here any way.

I've never cheered a champion except for New York teams. And I cheeered them well before they were title winners of consequence to me. I cheer them now, when they suck ass. I support them because they are New York teams, the teams that rep MY CITY, THE CITY I've chosen to make my home. Ergo, I want a NY soccer club that is as authentic as those teams and as authentic as my choice.

I don't care who owns it, but I care when they treat the best sport fans in the world in the most important city in the world like we're too damn stupid to see what's going on. New Yorkers, by their nature, don't play second fiddle. It's a point of pride to be a New Yorker for so many because you aren't born into it. And even if you are born a NY resident, it's so damn big and moves so damn fast, it's still up to you to scratch and claw your own way into making a life in this town. And everyone who does it has to do so on their own path and in their own way. To have a club that presents itself as a spinoff is anathema to those ideals, and consequently, what makes New York New York.

So don't question the bona fides of those of us who have the gall to call out bullshit. We're New Yorkers. It's what we do. Many of us have wanted a club for far longer than this team has even existed. And yet we're not the real fans? Get the fuck out. You're wrong. We're the only real fans here.

Last edited:
Ok, here is my statement/question. I'm not sure if this has been brought up, if so I apologize. I've seen quite a few people want orange accents or pinstripe with navy or whatever it is.....Let's just say this kit we have now wasn't the ideal kit they had in mind. Let's say they wanted to do something more original, I'm not saying something with orange or pinstripes either, I don't need to see derek jeter taking a corner kick. Now, how much say do you think the club actually has in this? The powers that be say, NO! You will wear blue, does NYCFC then say FUCK YOU! I highly doubt it. So point being how much say did the club actually have, we will probably never know. It hasn't even been a full 48 hours but I'm fucking exhausted of hearing about these blue jersey's already.

Ok, here is my statement/question. I'm not sure if this has been brought up, if so I apologize. I've seen quite a few people want orange accents or pinstripe with navy or whatever it is.....Let's just say this kit we have now wasn't the ideal kit they had in mind. Let's say they wanted to do something more original, I'm not saying something with orange or pinstripes either, I don't need to see derek jeter taking a corner kick. Now, how much say do you think the club actually has in this? The powers that be say, NO! You will wear blue, does NYCFC then say FUCK YOU! I highly doubt it. So point being how much say did the club actually have, we will probably never know. It hasn't even been a full 48 hours but I'm fucking exhausted of hearing about these blue jersey's already.
You make a good point. Maybe the club itself anticipated/sees/agrees with all of us and had it crammed down on them. But that's an even more desperate situation to imagine because I highly doubt CFG is selling tomorrow. It's less hopeless to blame the club and call them tone deaf than to pray for the Maras to buy it.

Reactions: einwindir
Won't the marketplace decide if our decision makers are "out of touch with the fan base"?

Right now it seems it's only the 200 people on message boards we have heard from. Why don't we see what the other 15k to 25k fans have to say between December and April?
The home jersey showed they were out of touch with the market on that specific issue.

Reactions: einwindir