Votes: 47 26.3%
  • Hate It

Votes: 46 25.7%
  • Hate - Will Purchase To Support Club

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Neutral

Votes: 68 38.0%

• Total voters
I can say I seen it coming all the other jerseys look like the parent company so I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes. It don't bother me I just say make an away jersey that stands out I wouldn't mind a black with neon blue lettering...

It's amazing how ironic this post is.

Demonstrates my point perfectly with...

"If you really think...... this is not the team for you"

Maybe but it's the truth. I not trying to pick a fight I agree with you the jersey sends a bad message, but if one setback makes question everything then what did you think people should say.

Maybe but it's the truth. I not trying to pick a fight I agree with you the jersey sends a bad message, but if one setback makes question everything then what did you think people should say.

Exactly. This is a small thing. How will these people react when the team really messes up? How will they react when NYCFC makes a bad signing, or when they're playing awful and are in last place? All these things will happen. If people are freaking out over a kit, and threatening to not be fans, then I don't want to see what happens when the real shit hits the fan. There will be a mass exodus. This fan base needs to toughen up a little, and stop being so hysterical.

The numbers haven't changed since the poll started. You are just wrong. But that's okay,I' don't need to be right.However you started this.

As for liking the jersey, good for you. The majority of us aren't of the same opinion.

This is from my original post... "And 60%+ love it or are neutral...." That is COMPLETELY TRUE. That's what got me fired up...

Also, my comments focus on the fact that members who hate the jerseys symbolize this as a failure of management, that nycfc is a puppet, they're are boycotting, etc... Its too extreme.
Realists understand that this is the first of many kit versions to come. Not going to be perfect immediately.

Exactly. This is a small thing. How will these people react when the team really messes up? How will they react when NYCFC makes a bad signing, or when they're playing awful and are in last place? All these things will happen. If people are freaking out over a kit, and threatening to not be fans, then I don't want to see what happens when the real shit hits the fan. There will be a mass exodus. This fan base needs to toughen up a little, and stop being so hysterical.

I wish I could like your post twice.

I saw somewhere on facebook where someone said in so many words "Am I surprised? No. But disappointed? Yes." Pretty much exactly how I feel. I was pumped for yesterday but probably will not be buying the home kit - will definitely buy away one assuming it's cool.

I totally agree with sentiments that "it's just a kit" and doesn't matter in grand scheme of things, but there are other larger issues that could refute that. i.e. if Lampard ends up staying at MCFC through the end of the premier league season. IF that happened, i would have serious doubts about NYC FC as a whole.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
I'm with Lio, my issue is that it enforces the idea that we're Man City USA. It is a nice looking jersey so I voted neutral.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I get where people are coming from, but honestly if they win the cup and supporters shield I could care less if they made a pink jersey with a hello kitty emblem on the front and a picture of miley cyrus sticking her tongue out on each butt cheek on the shorts....

okay maybe Id care a little bit if that were the case...but IMO they have made some great moves so far that show great initiative in wanting to be a success in mls. If they wanted to be man city 2.0 they would have hired a european manager like David Moyes to come here and not know what he is doing....instead they got the best coach in mls and are making huge strides.

Reactions: Drainyoo
There is a lot of the sky is falling nonsense going on at the moment. I think it's safe to say that the kit was always going to be sky blue. I think most people just wanted it to have some (albeit small) differentiating element from the core MCFC kit. I don't think that was too much to ask. I also don't think everyone needs to get crazy. I don't like it but it has more to do with the negative perception of the club by everyone (fans, media, MLS fans) than anything else. And I think those opinions do need to be taken seriously if the league and it's perception here and abroad wants to grow.

The good part about all of this is the kit will always be evolving, we will create our own history as time goes on, and we can see what CFC are really made of when it comes to fan opinion. There's no way this has all gone unnoticed by them.

Something to make it a bit more "NYC" would have definitely been nice, say dark blue pinstripes or using the orange somehow (although that orange does not look great with the light blue...).

Were people looking for something like this (which looks like complete garbage imo)?
Marseille-14-15-Fourth-Shirt%2B(2).jpg

Were people looking for something like this (which looks like complete garbage imo)?
Marseille-14-15-Fourth-Shirt%2B(2).jpg

I was thinking more like this:
Poaef0B.png

With or without the pinstripes. Which is what is mind-blowing to me about the "what did you expect, you're not a true fan" crowd. I would have been completely happy with that one orange stripe because it is a gesture that someone at the club thought about doing something unique to NYC with the kit. They failed to make any such gesture and just slapped the badge on a sky blue kit.

I was thinking more like this:
Poaef0B.png

With or without the pinstripes. Which is what is mind-blowing to me about the "what did you expect, you're not a true fan" crowd. I would have been completely happy with that one orange stripe because it is a gesture that someone at the club thought about doing something unique to NYC with the kit. They failed to make any such gesture and just slapped the badge on a sky blue kit.

That's definitely a nice kit. I love the pentagon on the back by the neck. I was shocked there was nothing special on the back of the shirts yesterday.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
Exactly. This is a small thing. How will these people react when the team really messes up?

Couldn't have said this any better. This club goes and gets you David Villa and Frank Lampard, has ambition to build a stadium in the five boroughs and has the brains and money to build a dynasty club for you and there are people complaining?

In all honesty, there are a lot of spoiled children here.

Reactions: Gazza_55 and Vito
Here are my thoughts. Forgetting for just a moment that they are close to a replica of the Man City kit, I think they are great looking and sharp, certainly compared to other MLS team kits. However, I must say that I was slightly disappointed that they are so blatantly similar to Man City's for two reasons (leaving aside that I have grown up a Man United fan!). One, I was expecting it to be unique, special and different in a way that captures the spirit and/or imagery of NYC. The logo does this to some extent, but it would have been so easy to include something in the style that was distinct from the parent team and representative of the hometown, even if it was subtle. Second, the result signals to me that the decision makers are somewhat out of touch with the fan base. It was a no-brainer that there would be this partially negative reaction, so I would have expected more strategic consideration of this beforehand. With that said, it hasn't lessened my excitement about the team or my support. In fact, I already ordered my jersey and will wear it proudly. I was just a bit surprised, and am hopeful this was merely a slight misstep.

Couldn't have said this any better. This club goes and gets you David Villa and Frank Lampard, has ambition to build a stadium in the five boroughs and has the brains and money to build a dynasty club for you and there are people complaining?

In all honesty, there are a lot of spoiled children here.

lets not call them spoiled children, they are just overly concerned