Questions For "third Rail"

It's a supporters group. if the team has not played yet its hard to support them.
I was at the jersey unveiling(ashamed that i left work for that, even though I own the business) and i agree that it was a weak showing on their part. But they got the buses for the draft today and I got my scarf, card and sticker in reasonable time(4 memberships that I plan to renew). I think any real criticism has to wait to see the game day experience and take it from there. Do I expect Borussia Dortmond out of the gate-no- but lets see what they organize for bars pre game and what kind of march they put together. Bunch of creative people in NY
I think that word - creative - is the biggest issue I have right now.

I'm seeing a lot going on here, and none of it particularly seems "creative". It doesn't feel like New York, yet, and it feels really "Cookie Cutter MLS".

It's definitely early on, and things can change there. But the issue is that if creativity isn't there from the start, it becomes a desire and not an expectation. That doesn't lead to a great atmosphere.

That would look awfully intimidating at RBA.
Yes it would.

These might even be better given that they "burst" and out out their payload more quickly. Obviously we wouldn't use red, but that thing dumps smoke in a hurry.

Other items to take note of:

gKEmRZ4.jpg

Reactions: LostAnvil
Not a paying member, so take this with that in mind. I think its CRAZY that TR board members post on this site frequently, this site has a subforum for the group, but there hasn't been a single post in there since November. I get why you have your pay walled FB page, but somebody should be doing more outreach to fans everywhere (not just this site either). No membership drives to tell people about? Pitch the new 2015 package?

Not a paying member, so take this with that in mind. I think its CRAZY that TR board members post on this site frequently, this site has a subforum for the group, but there hasn't been a single post in there since November. I get why you have your pay walled FB page, but somebody should be doing more outreach to fans everywhere (not just this site either). No membership drives to tell people about? Pitch the new 2015 package?
They're on Twitter, Instagram, and have a public FB page... what else should they be doing?

I'm seeing a lot going on here, and none of it particularly seems "creative". It doesn't feel like New York, yet, and it feels really "Cookie Cutter MLS".

Steps to make the game-day atmosphere feel more New York:

1) Sell all lower level tickets at massive premium to suits who will use them for client entertainment. Watch as clients arrive late, make no noise, go home early.

2) Look at mobile phone constantly.

3) Tune out when the team is struggling, maybe put up your tickets on stubhub at face value or lower. When team makes improbable late season run and emerges as dark horse contender, plug back in and claim you never left.

Seriously, though, it's hard for things to feel like anything but cookie cutter MLS at this point because we've never done this before. It seems to me like what people are trying to do is get some of the basics agreed upon for the opening matches just so we don't all sit there in disorganized chaos and/or silence. The "New York" bit will emerge over time based on how we act at matches, but the first few months will probably be a little weird.

1) Sell all lower level tickets at massive premium to suits who will use them for client entertainment. Watch as clients arrive late, make no noise, go home early.

3) Tune out when the team is struggling, maybe put up your tickets on stubhub at face value or lower. When team makes improbable late season run and emerges as dark horse contender, plug back in and claim you never left.

Seriously, though, it's hard for things to feel like anything but cookie cutter MLS at this point because we've never done this before. It seems to me like what people are trying to do is get some of the basics agreed upon for the opening matches just so we don't all sit there in disorganized chaos and/or silence. The "New York" bit will emerge over time based on how we act at matches, but the first few months will probably be a little weird.
Lol, spot on

Sit down the entire game and yell Down in Front if anyone stands up.

Reactions: Paul and Goodfella
Other items to take note of:

gKEmRZ4.jpg
I can't take my laptop in? As a guy who's commuting in and may be crashing in NYC from time to time, that may be a serious freakin' problem.

I hear you, but I'm still discouraged by the lack of creativity. I think if you start out aping others, you'll continue doing so.