Questions For "third Rail"

So the question then is, will YS security consider drums "distracting noise makers"? Because we may have solved that debate before it started
Yes. They absolutely do. From what I understand the club is trying to find a work-around but as it stands, drums are NOT ALLOWED in YS.

No way in hell that's happening. YS is under the direction of Homeland Security.
I thought so. I would have thought this applies to Red Bull Arena as well?

Ugh, billowing smoke from small canisters don't sit right with me in any form in the NYC metro area. I can see people stampeding out of Yankee stadium. Reminds me of 9/11, Boston marathon bombing, Tokyo subway sarin attack, Madrid train bombing, 7/7 London bombings, etc.

Reactions: einwindir
With less than 50 days for our debut in MLS, I hope that the Third Rail has own great banner...........Does somebody know it ? Thank you for the reply.

Pretty embarrassing how OC showed up with more people than TR. They had to get on a flight to get up here. We're only 2hrs from Philly.

Were you there? I mean... it's only 2 hours.

What would you most likely take off work for?:

1. Free bus from NY to Philly.
2. Free flight from Orlando to Philly and free hotel stay.

Fabio, it was invite only. Only NYCFC, OC, Philly and NYRB were invited.

Reactions: DiRoma
Were you there? I mean... it's only 2 hours.

What would you most likely take off work for?:

1. Free bus from NY to Philly.
2. Free flight from Orlando to Philly and free hotel stay.

No I wasn't there. I'm not TR member. The purpose of an SG is to show up for events exactly like this. If if recall, TR has more than 1,000 members. They couldn't get more than the handful of members to take a day off of work and represent? I don't see how the free flight and hotel is relevant. If that's the reason TR members didn't show up, then that's sad.

I applaud the members that did show up, but an SG from Florida repped more than an SG from the area.

No I wasn't there. I'm not TR member. The purpose of an SG is to show up for events exactly like this. If if recall, TR has more than 1,000 members. They couldn't get more than the handful of members to take a day off of work and represent? I don't see how the free flight and hotel is relevant. If that's the reason TR members didn't show up, then that's sad.

I applaud the members that did show up, but an SG from Florida repped more than an SG from the area.

You're right about everything. OC is awesome. We suck. I'm sorry.

I don't like "distracting noise makers" so I am glad that is banned at Ys. Much prefer a loud crowd cheering and singing.

Pretty embarrassing how OC showed up with more people than TR. They had to get on a flight to get up here. We're only 2hrs from Philly.
That club's got a bit of a head start on us in terms of support, though. We're in a very unique position of trying to organize support for something that - as the article points out - only partially exists. Not worried about "only" having 2 dozen people show up to a draft in Philly.

Reactions: Goodfella
I guess it really depends on how you want to look at things.

Personally, a two hour drive down the Jersey Turnpike to Philadelphia to witness a MLS Super Draft is exactly something high up on the proverbial bucket list for me.

On the other hand, if they ever hold the draft in the Great State of Florida and NYCFC pays for my round trip flight and hotel room, then God Dammit I'm there!

:D

I don't think the attendance at the draft is a big deal. Orlando had the better draft pick after all; there's always a lot more excitement when you have the first overall pick then the second. this is even more true in our case when NYCFC deliberately passed on the pick.

Don't forget NYCFC has already asked all the TR folks to take off to see the new jersey. There's only so many times people can take off.

What I'd recommend is if TR goes again and wants more turnout is to make it more of an event: TR just sold it as "come to the superdraft on a bus." Instead, TR needs to sell members on an experience: Go the night before, hang out with TR people in Philly, maybe put on a mini Q&A with an exec from the club, Meet the new draft pick(s) etc.

Make people know that if they go, they're not just seeing in person what they could see on a live stream and you'll get a better turnout.

I don't think the attendance at the draft is a big deal. Orlando had the better draft pick after all; there's always a lot more excitement when you have the first overall pick then the second. this is even more true in our case when NYCFC deliberately passed on the pick.

Don't forget NYCFC has already asked all the TR folks to take off to see the new jersey. There's only so many times people can take off.

What I'd recommend is if TR goes again and wants more turnout is to make it more of an event: TR just sold it as "come to the superdraft on a bus." Instead, TR needs to sell members on an experience: Go the night before, hang out with TR people in Philly, maybe put on a mini Q&A with an exec from the club, Meet the new draft pick(s) etc.

Make people know that if they go, they're not just seeing in person what they could see on a live stream and you'll get a better turnout.

I agree it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but with the amount of members they have it's a surprise that more of them couldn't attended. Yes, the OC SG group has been around longer, but I've been seeing that excuse thrown around too much lately when TR gets criticized. If you couple this with the sad response at the jersey unveiling (I was actually there), you get a sense that the group is still not organized.

I'm fully aware that I'm an outsider looking in, and I'm not witness to TR's daily habits. Just an observation from where I stand. Hoping they show up big on opening day.

The one thing I was surprised by with the bus trip was I kept getting tagged in posts by Andres regarding the bus and tickets/price and the graphic for it and I did retweet every time. However the TR twitter never retweeted it, and only saw a few mentions.
Whether it was NYCFC getting in touch with them late or just poor planning I do agree it could have been bigger and better.

The one thing I was surprised by with the bus trip was I kept getting tagged in posts by Andres regarding the bus and tickets/price and the graphic for it and I did retweet every time. However the TR twitter never retweeted it, and only saw a few mentions.
Whether it was NYCFC getting in touch with them late or just poor planning I do agree it could have been bigger and better.

Probably a mix of both.