RBNY Postgame

I think that is the last we see of Mikey for a while.

Honestly RJ was exposed pretty badly too. He does some great things, like that pass verses Portland, but he makes some monumental errors. Iraola, while never spectacular, never really makes big mistakes.

Saunders. No words. He should have saved 2 of their goals at least.

I wanna see a 4-3-3 against Orlando of

Jack---------Villa----------Mendoza
------------------Mix------------
-------Pirlo----------------------
-----------------Bravo------------
Mata-----Brill----Hern------Iraola
----------------Erik------------------

I was never impressed with our play the past few weeks even with the wins. Everything seemed very lucky on our end and bad performance on the other team. This combustion brought us down to earth, in a really bad way. We don't have the personnel to play out of the back as many others have said. Many of our recurring "starters" didnt deserve to start. Simply having played in the game we won does not earn you a starting spot. That is confusing correlation with causation. Lopez should never be playing over Mix. Poku not making the 18 is ridiculous. Saunders is the worst keeper in the league yet we cant give a younger more physically imposing Lurch a try? Shelton is so...meh and lackluster. Put Mendoza or a Poku in his place.

This was an absolute disgrace, heads need to roll, changes need to be made. Sickening performance. Absolutely sickening.

If any game was to be taken seriously it was this one. Forgetting the table for a second from a pure marketing perspective this is a utter shitshow. Nationally televised, high attendance, many possible converts... We blew it in that regard. Way worse long term than losing 3 points at home just for this season. I'm sure many in the area will be turned off for quite sometime to ever be serious fans.

ugh...

Reactions: whill4 and Lasker
I think that is the last we see of Mikey for a while.

Honestly RJ was exposed pretty badly too. He does some great things, like that pass verses Portland, but he makes some monumental errors. Iraola, while never spectacular, never really makes big mistakes.

Saunders. No words. He should have saved 2 of their goals at least.

I wanna see a 4-3-3 against Orlando of

Jack---------Villa----------Mendoza
------------------Mix------------
-------Pirlo----------------------
-----------------Bravo------------
Mata-----Brill----Hern------Iraola
----------------Erik------------------
agree with you till the formation ,but please stop the fucking 4-3-3 4-3-2-1 what ever,

play 5-3-2. 4-2-2, we need 2 strikers.,

agree with you till the formation ,but please stop the fucking 4-3-3 4-3-2-1 what ever,

play 5-3-2. 4-2-2, we need 2 strikers.,

No disagreement from me really, but this will not happen. I think PV will adapt on everything but this.

i don't remeber if i posted on reddit or here, but PV needs to stop the bullshit trying to make this team play like barca/arsenal/city , is like the coaching team doesn't care who are we playing against, you are supposed to study the opposition tactics and exploit their weaknesses , we play the same kind of game all the time, i'm fucking tired!!

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Absolute worst game i've ever witnessed. This might make me a horrible fan but this is the first time i've actually left a game early.

Such a low energy performance by the whole team, I really think it's time to bench saunders and give the other guy a chance. (not saying it was all his fault but wow that was a nightmare)

At least the fans on both sides kept it classy. Fuck, I'm terrible at this.

Not so sure about this, considering some of the videos doing the rounds on Twitter...

Also, REALLY not sure about that group of NJ fans deciding to do the whole 'blackshirt' thing. Know your history, guys.

If there would be any chant to chant when down 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, or 0-7, it would be Chicken Bucket. And I didn't hear any today. #ChickenBucket

Well well well. For me the highlight of the day was meeting Footy. Thanks again for the tickets. Class act!

I can honestly say this was the absolute worst loss I have ever witnessed first hand for any of the teams to support. And worst of all it came at the hands of the team I loathe the most, I dont even want to type their marketing name.

The bottom line is this. We do not have the players to play possession from the back. I was very worried about NJs press today and it came to fruition. We dont have the gk, the cbs, and the wing players to play possession. Simple as that. Enough of this BS already.

Also, Mike Lopez is absolutely god awful wow! Just speechless how bad he is, he berings nothing but hia motor.

Shelton wow again absolutely useless. He has no idea what to do with the ball absolutely clueless. He and Lopez singlehandedly killed our attack each time.

This was Mata's worst game. Nothing more to be said.

RJ Allen is a liability on defense. His movement is awful geta burned all the time. Mike Grella ate him for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Really this was the worst thing I have ever seen. Left after goal 5 and after Villa missed that sitter.

The only thing that can wash this awful taste is if we meet NJ in the playoffs and knock them out. Im disgusted.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Not so sure about this, considering some of the videos doing the rounds on Twitter...

Also, REALLY not sure about that group of NJ fans deciding to do the whole 'blackshirt' thing. Know your history, guys.
Fixed in my post above. I saw some embarassing stuff.

Lets talk about something funny. Not sure if this was mentioned above, but how about them introducing Frank as "Super Frank Lampard" when he came on in the 75th minute of a 5-0 game after missing the whole season and generally drawing the ire of the fanbase?

Was that the PA guy being ironic or was it just some much needed unintentional comedy? Either way, it was probably the most enjoyable moment of the match for me other than getting to see Jack.

Enough has been said about the shitshow, but I'd like to focus on our SGs. Where the fuck were they???? Really Third Rail? WTF was that???? That entire section was dead from the start of the match. Red Juices SGs were loud as shit and took over the atmosphere of the stadium. We have ZERO home field advantage. How long is it going to take them to get their shit together? Do they still refuse to get a capo?

Reactions: Vito

They probably do know it - they're the same ones who got in the fight last year (and presumably this year) with our equally embarrassing "hooligans"

The usual reaction to a game like this where your team loses so badly is to demand that heads roll and burn down the stadium, and it hurts as a fan to get roasted like that by your rival. But in a cold mathematical way, it's 3 points lost - the team was undefeated in five and you can't win them all. Today was a mismatch in tactics (more on that later), exacerbated by one team basically converting all opportunities with a number of individual mistakes. RBNY is not that good, nor is NYCFC that bad.

Before the game I thought that RBNY was playing more on "emotion" and NYCFC was more methodical and playing it down. I thought NYCFC would benefit as RBNY would overextend if something went against them - it was completely the opposite. They got the bump 2 minutes in and honestly I don't know how they could have kept up that rhythm. It was like the game plan for RBNY was to come out and run like a chicken with its head cut off and NYCFC was to wait it out and then start to put their stamp on the game - and it was actually turning this way until the 2 quick goals ended the game right before the half. The NYRB played with bursts of speed followed by breaks while NYCFC wanted to play rhythm. Advantage RBNY.

NYCFC needs at least eight points from the 4 game home stand. Win the next three and this gets washed away, But no margin for error now.

While the jokes and fan culture will be hard to deal with, if NYCFC wins its next 3 games, this will be forgotten. RBNY didn't win MLS Cup. They didn't win the shield. The season is not over. Study some tape, make some changes, and come out and beat Orlando next week. Wash it off and move on. Still plenty of points to play for.

Lets talk about something funny. Not sure if this was mentioned above, but how about them introducing Frank as "Super Frank Lampard" when he came on in the 75th minute of a 5-0 game after missing the whole season and generally drawing the ire of the fanbase?

Was that the PA guy being ironic or was it just some much needed unintentional comedy? Either way, it was probably the most enjoyable moment of the match for me other than getting to see Jack.

They waited so long after the actual substitution, I thought maybe they wouldn't even announce it -- just try to let him step onto the field incognito.

Then the PA guy did the "Super Frank Lampard" thing, and that just infuriated me even more. Dude, give me a break. Maybe the guy was super in England, but this isn't England, it's New York. All he's done is be a problem for this organization. The tone-deafness of doing that is one of the most disappointing things this organization has done.