Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Aw come on why you backing down so quick? Is it because you took thirty seconds to skim the account you were going to bat for?

Who's backing down - I stand by my first comment that you embarrassed yourself. You even confirmed it in your second post, by your own admission, that:
those examples don't prove anything.

Stop trying to be a tough guy goading me into a bet that neither you nor I have any inside knowledge on but would just be flipping a coin - wouldn't prove a thing. Maybe it's true and maybe it isn't, but he's just passing along what he's heard, and he's doing it using his own name and owning it on twitter. Be bold - go respond to his post on twitter and call his account horseshit.

Deila just signed a new contract with Valerenga less than 3 weeks ago. He took a pay cut to get the extension.

On the other hand, he signed a new extension with Stromsgodset a few months before leaving to join Celtic.

Still, a few months is rather different from 3 weeks, and Stromsgodset extended him knowing there was interest abroad. They probably just wanted to get paid and keep him from Malmo.

I'm with dummyrun dummyrun here and find this report very unlikely. The Wil Forbes twitter has occasional accurate news but the success rate is very low.

By the way though, he did win Stromsgodset's first league title since 1970 and only second ever. So he has done more than just win the SPL with a team that had no meaningful competition. His time at Vålerenga has been disappointing for sure.

Deila was also Celtic's only non-British manager in the last 20 years and I have to wonder how much that played into perceptions of him there.

Tell you what, since those examples don't prove anything, why don't you and I make a friendly wager on whether Ronny Deila will be the next manager of NYCFC? I'd offer you generous odds but those fancy numbers might sound like twisted statistics. And besides, your guy's got a source in Norway.

dummyrun dummyrun still owes me a “premium” beer and i still owe Ulrich Ulrich 2 beers. You don’t need a wager. How bout we all just stop w the name calling, take it down a few notches and grab a few cold ones?

10am and still nothing, SHAMBLES I say!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Yankeedom
dummyrun dummyrun still owes me a “premium” beer and i still owe Ulrich Ulrich 2 beers. You don’t need a wager. How bout we all just stop w the name calling, take it down a few notches and grab a few cold ones?

Looking forward to buying you that beer. But let's not make this a "both sides" thing—this board's got a very specific troll problem and it makes it less fun.

How many teams can say they've got a manager that have won leagues at relatively high levels overseas? Not a home run, if true, but not a complete bust. At least he has first team experience, unlike our last two coaches.

How many teams can say they've got a manager that have won leagues at relatively high levels overseas? Not a home run, if true, but not a complete bust. At least he has first team experience, unlike our last two coaches.

its more how he got the titles i think that celtic fans dont like. the team literally had no competition and still struggled i think they would grind out wins against crap team in the league. so for me its more like, if he had the best team in the league by far and still struggled how will he do here where he does not have the best squad, can he even cope?

Deila just signed a new contract with Valerenga less than 3 weeks ago. He took a pay cut to get the extension.

On the other hand, he signed a new extension with Stromsgodset a few months before leaving to join Celtic.

Still, a few months is rather different from 3 weeks, and Stromsgodset extended him knowing there was interest abroad. They probably just wanted to get paid and keep him from Malmo.

I'm with dummyrun dummyrun here and find this report very unlikely. The Wil Forbes twitter has occasional accurate news but the success rate is very low.

You always have to consider the source when a report like this comes out, and this twitter account is pretty dubious. Not buying it until someone legit reports it.

Looking forward to buying you that beer. But let's not make this a "both sides" thing—this board's got a very specific troll problem and it makes it less fun.
You were trolling the guy, not me, so it wasn’t a both sides issue - it was a dummyrun issue. So unless you were being self-deprecating, tag me and don’t be passive aggressive.