Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
If a manager is not announced by December 13, I'll start to be concerned.

If a manager is not announced by December 20, I'll start to be very concerned.

If a manager is not announced by January 3, I'll start to have deep doubts regarding CFG's ability to run NYCFC from a football operations standpoint.

Pictures of Arteta with Arsenal management last night. This could be over soon.
Arteta is trending on Twitter today because of those reports and images. it's amusing because (1) everyone is assuming he's getting the job, and (2) most Arsenal fans are freaking out because they want a big name but (3) they keep getting piled on with responses saying they're not that big any more.
But I would not assume it's a certainty. Arsenal's ownership and management are pretty dysfunctional right now and it's not inconceivable that they go through all these public motions and then dither some more. Arteta probably is the most likely result, but I can also see them deferring until the end of the season because nobody over there can step up, take charge, and make a decision.

If Arteta goes Arsenal, doesn't that mean Gio stays in Manchester and we have no obvious manager candidates?

Lol.
Or goes Gio come to NYCFC to then replace Pep once Pep leaves City? How is this going to work?
My understanding of the theory (both of which may or may not be accurate) is that Plan A is Arteta stays at MC and GVB comes to NYC. Plan B is Arteta goes to Arsenal and GVB becomes Assistant Coach at MC, and we get a Plan B which is undisclosed but (I hope) already under consideration.

My understanding of the theory (both of which may or may not be accurate) is that Plan A is Arteta stays at MC and GVB comes to NYC. Plan B is Arteta goes to Arsenal and GVB becomes Assistant Coach at MC, and we get a Plan B which is undisclosed but (I hope) already under consideration.

I don't think CFG have earned the benefit of the doubt here, or anywhere really.

I don't think CFG have earned the benefit of the doubt here, or anywhere really.
On that principle generally I agree, but I also think CFG is too invested in maintaining best corporate management practices not to have a contingency plan. Not sure we'd like the plan and it might put general CFG interests ahead of NYC, but there's a plan.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Why would it be Medhi over Pilkington? Pilkington has at least coached players, closer in age to real pros, to tournament championships, and he has been coaching for a lot longer.
I’m surprised at the Mehdi love. He coaches a team that is not 100% through puberty. At least Pilkington coaches men.

I’m surprised at the Mehdi love. He coaches a team that is not 100% through puberty. At least Pilkington coaches men.

im assuming its because he played in the team and the league for many years. plinkton didnt ( i dont think) play pro, he played college ball i think.

EDIT: some here want someone who "bleeds nycfc blue" hes the guy for that. played scored for us. he is no danger to go to europe after a season or two.

Reactions: Kjbert
i don't know about you guys - but i hope we get a coach soon. obviously, we need a coach if we are to get any new players in. reading about all the other teams in the league making big signings and adding key players makes me antsy. yea, i know we have a solid squad as it is right now, but adding some new star power to the team would reignite the hype for the new season.

come on CFG - quit fucking around!

I assume you are referring to reports dribbling in today such as this one...

From what was discussed here the hold up was wether or not Arteta was going to Arsenal. If he wasn’t then he would be next in line for city and VBH would come here for 2 years or so. If arteta does in fact go to Arsenal then supposedly VBH goes to City with Pep until he takes over.
If that all is true would our search start now? Or would the club have reached out to other candidates already?

Reactions: Kjbert and Kenny
From what was discussed here the hold up was wether or not Arteta was going to Arsenal. If he wasn’t then he would be next in line for city and VBH would come here for 2 years or so. If arteta does in fact go to Arsenal then supposedly VBH goes to City with Pep until he takes over.
If that all is true would our search start now? Or would the club have reached out to other candidates already?

giphy.gif