Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
If its him, why wait though?, they can let him go and start the search before the winter transfer window starts.

probably because he's with Nice and french mid-season transfer window begins january 1st. not sure why it would effect a coach, but maybe that's why.

probably because he's with Nice and french mid-season transfer window begins january 1st. not sure why it would effect a coach, but maybe that's why.

i figure they rather let him go now so the coach search starts, maybe completed, by jan 1st. so they can start looking at player targets and go after them. rather than look for coach and then look for players starting on jan 1st, wasting time for available reinforcements.

EDIT: i just saw they are mid table now and only 6 points away for european spots, so its not going too bad

Reactions: Kjbert
MLS Digital keeps holding on that it’s Gallardo for Inter Miami, but he’s not waiting for the end of the season to be “out of contract” is he? All I have read is that Gallardo is “committed” to River Plate.

Now, whether that is committed or “Patrick Vieira visiting relatives” committed, who knows.

"Pep Guardiola says Manchester City assistant coach Mikel Arteta will travel with the squad for the Carabao Cup clash with Oxford despite holding talks over the vacant manager’s role at Arsenal.
Guardiola revealed in his pre-match press conference that Arteta had taken part in City’s training session on Tuesday and was due to travel to Oxford on Wednesday."

FWIW Twitter speculation is that Arteta is torn between taking a job he can have now or waiting for the job he really wants and is promised but not guaranteed when Pep leaves.

ETA: other speculation is that the deal is done between Arteta and Arsenal but the delay is to agree on terms with MC for compensation.

Last edited:
I saw that too. Color me skeptical, but stranger things have happened.
I could see it happening. He’d have someone that fully grasps the system he’s trying to implement. That is if he wants to implement a system similar to what City has.
wWhat would be harder, bringing in a team of coaches and getting them to buy in and understand what you want to get across to your players or getting the players to buy in to the system?

I could see it happening. He’d have someone that fully grasps the system he’s trying to implement. That is if he wants to implement a system similar to what City has.
wWhat would be harder, bringing in a team of coaches and getting them to buy in and understand what you want to get across to your players or getting the players to buy in to the system?
I'm less dubious about Arteta hiring Torrent than I am about Torrent accepting. If he's going to resume being an assistant wouldn't he more likely return to Man City with Pep? If anything this is a step down from where he was before he took our job.

Does London have better jazz clubs than Manchester?

I'm less dubious about Arteta hiring Torrent than I am about Torrent accepting. If he's going to resume being an assistant wouldn't he more likely return to Man City with Pep? If anything this is a step down from where he was before he took our job.

Does London have better jazz clubs than Manchester?

Haven’t you seen Downton Abbey?

• Haha
Reactions: danger and hatt91
I haven't, but I know enough to wonder how a drama set in Yorkshire can shed light (even just for humor purposes) on the relative prevalence of jazz in Manchester and London.

Season 4 has all your answers, Mark

Reactions: hatt91