Ronny Deila Named NYCFC Head Coach / Deila Joins Standard Liège

What Are Your Thoughts on Deila as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Displeased

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
I'm less dubious about Arteta hiring Torrent than I am about Torrent accepting. If he's going to resume being an assistant wouldn't he more likely return to Man City with Pep? If anything this is a step down from where he was before he took our job.

Does London have better jazz clubs than Manchester?
He would be much more critical to Arteta implementing the system, which could give him leverage to get more responsibility or money. Also, London?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Arteta to Arsenal. The article also speculates that Dome is going back to City under Pep.

so...is GVB back on?
I guess if Dome is back to MC, then perhaps that #2 job to Pep is taken and Gio comes to NYC.

All speculation though. For all we know Gio is less interested now that his pal Claudio is in Austin.

ETA: Most articles I have seen speculate that Dome would be with Arteta as the #2, but certainly he could replace him in Manchester also.

Last edited:
Reactions: canchon
Arteta to Arsenal. The article also speculates that Dome is going back to City under Pep.

so...is GVB back on?

at this rate just name someone. less than a month before pre season is to start.

It’s time
giphy.gif

If Dome ends up back under Pep, so much for the burned bridges/insubordination narrative.

Reactions: mgarbowski
If Dome ends up back under Pep, so much for the burned bridges/insubordination narrative.
Not necessarily. Pep has so much sway that he can basically tell CFG to Fck off, if they want to keep Pep than Pep get his guy Dome regardless of bad blood developed when leaving NYCFC.

CFG is stubborn, but if they piss off Pep, the ship sinks mid-season.

so...is GVB back on?
This is what I get for reading on mobile and taking things at face value. As yet, in fact, nothing has been announced, and you refer to an article but don't link to it. What am I missing? Is there an article that actually reported it as a done deal? Because there has been no official announcement and we're still waiting for the first shoe to drop, the first domino to fall, the first metaphor to metaphorize.

Nice highlighting the inconsistent and conflicting reports. I expect Sam Lee has the better of it.

Just to emphasize how completely unsourced all this speculation about Arteta's assistants is.

The TBR Football report to which you link is 100% based on a Daily Mail article. Here is everything the Mail actually says about Torrent going to Arsenal: "Spanish coaches Rodolfo Borrell, who is also currently at City, and Domenec Torrent, who has worked with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and the Etihad Stadium, are two being suggested as likely to move to Arsenal."

That's it. Passive voice "being suggested." Not only is there no name attached, there is also no claim of actual knowledge on the part of an actual source. Just some anonymous rando doing some suggesting. Then TRB completely overstates and to be blunt, lies, saying that "The Daily Mail reports that Rodolfo Borrell is likely to make the same move as Arteta, while Torrent could also head to North London." The DM reported no such thing.

Sam Lee does not seem to be making anything up.

Reactions: JayH
This is what I get for reading on mobile and taking things at face value. As yet, in fact, nothing has been announced, and you refer to an article but don't link to it. What am I missing? Is there an article that actually reported it as a done deal? Because there has been no official announcement and we're still waiting for the first shoe to drop, the first domino to fall, the first metaphor to metaphorize.

Lol we're waiting for a coach because Arsenal and Man City are being petulant and incompetent.

Winning cures all, but this honestly feels as bad to me as the Lampard fiasco. It's so obvious we are a stepchild club. Queensboro FC can't kick off soon enough so I finally have a club that treats itself as prime. (I'm planning on cheering for both but only financially supporting QBFC at the moment.)

Right — I meant London could be a reason for him to come to Arsenal rather than return to City.
Which was also the point of me saying "Does London have better jazz clubs than Manchester?" (albeit my reference included a bad joke that has outlived its useful life), so I thought when you asked about London you were asking me why I brought it up.

Also this might be the most boring and pointless exchange on this forum. Congratulations to us. I hope you're as proud as I am. What an offseason this is.

Reactions: JayH
Which was also the point of me saying "Does London have better jazz clubs than Manchester?" (albeit my reference included a bad joke that has outlived its useful life), so I thought when you asked about London you were asking me why I brought it up.

Also this might be the most boring and pointless exchange on this forum. Congratulations to us. I hope you're as proud as I am. What an offseason this is.
I’m working on 1000 words about the most pointless exchanges. Will have it up tonight.

Reactions: mgarbowski