Rumor: McNamara for Saad Abdul-Salaam

When a player contract ends he can't join a new team until the window opens. See Frank etc.
BUT if that window closes and nobody hires him he can join without waiting for a new window. The idea is not to force unemployment.

I bought a Mix jersey and Mix was no longer on the team. I bought a Poku jersey and Poku was no longer on the team.

This year, I bought a McNamara jersey...
aVO2g6w_700b_v1.jpg

its kinda weird ....didnt he and RJ get new deals in offseason

They did. As Ulrich pointed out, this is the business of professional sports. Vieira made a glaring distinction last night in the #AskNYCFC video. He said, "Now we've adapted to the league... to the pace of the game." I'm sure the club wanted both of these players to work but maybe they just don't given the system/style that we want to play and the pace and physicality that the rest of the league is playing at. It's very encouraging to see PV turn the corner on that reality and respond accordingly.

But damnit don't take my T-Mac away!

I would imagine he would be moved in the summer. We need squad depth right now. I would be shocked if he didn't start twice in the next month. He is going to have to.

But this league is about hoarding assets. He can get you a decent return.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I would imagine he would be moved in the summer. We need squad depth right now. I would be shocked if he didn't start twice in the next month. He is going to have to.

But this league is about hoarding assets. He can get you a decent return.

We don't have a backup fullback, unless you count Awah. I'd say a McNamara for RB swap helps depth more than it hurts. We have Camargo to replace Mac.

IF this trade was on the table, SKC may be having second thoughts. Juliao went in for Zusi and fans blamed him for both goals allowed (after the team allowed 3 the previous 9 games) and he was subbed out for Zusi at the half.

SKC may feel like they can't afford to move SAS after that performance if it means Juliao is their backup RB.

Reactions: Kjbert
IF this trade was on the table, SKC may be having second thoughts. Juliao went in for Zusi and fans blamed him for both goals allowed (after the team allowed 3 the previous 9 games) and he was subbed out for Zusi at the half.

SKC may feel like they can't afford to move SAS after that performance if it means Juliao is their backup RB.

Interesting.

Well, it's either been done and is waiting to be announced or isn't coming for a couple months.

Hey JGarrettLieb you asked me on the shout box if I'm gonna stay with this team when Andrea's gone ? Well for the most part Andrea's gone at this point ! But if this Organization tops Tommy my decision will be an easy one ! I am beyond pissed about how they've treated him this year ! We have Batman you don't get rid of Robin Stupids ! If Americans find foreign players hard to deal with . Why the Fuck would we ship off our American boy's to God Knows Where?? The MLS is American . If it wants to be filled with outsiders then it BETTER FOLLOW the Rules set by everyone but us and be deregulated to B or C class when it doesn't produce !! This is how I feel . What are your thoughts ? Thanks !!!:)

Reactions: Jock
Isn't that a good way to always have holes in your lineup?
We currently have Mata (when he returns) as a backup. If Sweat continues to play like last game, and that's a big (but possible) IF, then I feel safer with him back there than Mata. Mata is constantly chasing the play after being caught too far forward - it's as if he's never seen an overlap opportunity he can't say NO to. Sweat seems to pick his attacks more judiciously (like White) with the mantra of: First, do no harm. And it doesn't hurt that Sweat is 6'2" versus Mata at 5'9".

Our back line last game was (LtoR) 6'2" 6'1" 6'1" 6'0" with White being the shortest. Throw in Hererra at 6'0" and we have some real height for set pieces.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
We currently have Mata (when he returns) as a backup. If Sweat continues to play like last game, and that's a big (but possible) IF, then I feel safer with him back there than Mata. Mata is constantly chasing the play after being caught too far forward - it's as if he's never seen an overlap opportunity he can't say NO to. Sweat seems to pick his attacks more judiciously (like White) with the mantra of: First, do no harm. And it doesn't hurt that Sweat is 6'2" versus Mata at 5'9".

Our back line last game was (LtoR) 6'2" 6'1" 6'1" 6'0" with White being the shortest. Throw in Hererra at 6'0" and we have some real height for set pieces.
Think one aspect of it is that Whitey and Sweaty are defenders first and foremost, like center halves converted to play full back, where as Mata is a full back..... who wants to play as a winger.

Our system and different games will call for both cautious and all-out performances, so it's good to be able to mix it up.