Scrimmage Today?

Anyone have video or at least a vine of those Nemec goals? Sound like someone is taking the piss.

Anyone have video or at least a vine of those Nemec goals? Sound like someone is taking the piss.

I just trawled Twitter and found nothing, which is probably as good an indication as any that there aren't any videos floating around.

Doesn't mean the game didn't happen, though.

Was the purpose of this scrimmage to keep some of the backups in match form? In other words, should we expect that the players who saw action in the scrimmage are less likely to get a start on Sunday?

Was the purpose of this scrimmage to keep some of the backups in match form? In other words, should we expect that the players who saw action in the scrimmage are less likely to get a start on Sunday?

Edit: I don't think it was the reason the game was played - I think it i was to give a chance for some of the new signings to get game-time with their new teammates - you learn a lot more from being on the pitch with someone than you do from training with them. However, I think you are very much correct that the starters in this friendly won't get to start against Toronto.

I know that they held out Lampard and gave Angelino and Iraola half a game.

Yeah, exactly. Probably means that all three will get game-time (not necessarily starts, though) on Sunday, unless any of them didn't seem ready to Kreis.

I just trawled Twitter and found nothing, which is probably as good an indication as any that there aren't any videos floating around.

Doesn't mean the game didn't happen, though.
Not the game. Nemec scoring.

We've scrimmaged them a few times already this year. The owner has said they have trained with NYCFC as well.

For this scrimmage it was probably a way for Kreis to see how the new guys blended in with the team so he has an idea of who to start coming into this weekend.

I know that they held out Lampard and gave Angelino and Iraola half a game.

As you probably know by now, Lampard was held out due to his previously undisclosed calf injury.