Season Ticket Prices Have Just Been Announced.

Not to be a negative Nelly, but I would be concerned with the Legends Seats. 175-250 for an MLS match is insane. You can also have the RBA effect -- good crowd but TV shows sparse midfield, making it look bush league. Yes, they are prime seats, but can you sell them at THAT price? Will it be worth the headache?

I don't think that will be an issue because it seems like the TV view is going to be from behind those seats ie from the left field. All of the "glam shots" NYCFC have put out have been looking from that direction towards the outfield walls and video board. I think they mentioned something like increasing the value of the ads on that board by doing so. So if the Legends seats are empty, I think they won't show up on TV.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
has anyone figured out how or if the Ticketmaster confirmation number somehow corrosponds to your priority during seat selection?

I spoke with David Hiller about this. He said that orders were time stamped in the system and not to be preoccupied with codes on confirmations.

There is an empty section in the bleachers in center field right next to the supporters section. I wonder if they would let us cover that with a huge sign....?

When speaking with the club, the reason the Supporter Section is located where it is is three fold.

1) This is the section that most people said they wanted to sit in during the Q&A session
2) The bleachers provide a better atmosphere and more noise
3) We will not block any other fan's views with flag waving, tifo, or banners.

And my own reason, is that it provides a better sight line to the opposite side of the field more so than in the section below the bleachers.

I spoke with David Hiller about this. He said that orders were time stamped in the system and not to be preoccupied with codes on confirmations.

As far as the time stamp thing goes, I wonder how much that is effected by that issue when they first went on sale. I remember the day one on sale date, and it took several minutes from the on sale time, before the system allowed you to buy tickets. I guess if it widespread, it pretty much evened it out, but some people may have stopped trying, didn’t have the time to stay on and try again or whatnot. Section 103 intrigues me, kinda sorta mid-field and behind players benches. I’m just thinking long term, as far as if where season ticket holders opt to sit now, will determine their options for when the team moves into the new stadium.

I have to admit I'm rather pleasantly surprised at the ticket prices. With Yankee Stadium being the clip joint it is, I just assumed the tickets were going to be higher. All but the Club seats are extremely affordable to those of us who aren't going to invest in season tickets. Well done NYCFC!

Sections 103, 104, 105, 106, 130, 129 are the areas I'm shooting for. Which area I can get closest to the field will be the winner.

Wonder why the seats behind home plate aren't available. Maybe reserved for the team?

Cheapest per-game season ticket rates by New York sports teams (not accounting for bonus games such as friendlies):
$85 New York Football Giants - NFL
$62.50 New York Jets - NFL
$56 New York Rangers - NHL
$49 New York Knickerbockers - NBA
<$48.78 New Jersey Devils - NHL (all I could find was starting under $2,000 and divided that by 41)
$45 Brooklyn Nets - NBA
$18.82 New York Red Bulls - MLS (renewal price if different)
$18.50 New York Lizards - MLL
$18 New York City FC - MLS
$17.15 New York Mets - MLB
$16.50 New York Islanders - NHL (for 2014-15, last year at Nassau, expect an increase at Barclays)
$15 New York Liberty - WNBA (general admission)
$15 New York Yankees - MLB (one section says $15/20)
$10 Sky Blue FC - NWSL

Some interesting results there

Sections 103, 104, 105, 106, 130, 129 are the areas I'm shooting for. Which area I can get closest to the field will be the winner.

Wonder why the seats behind home plate aren't available. Maybe reserved for the team?
because the sight lines are horrible

Reactions: Coop and Slick Rick
Here's another view of what looks like Section 136

That looks like the Cat 5 section directly below the Supporters section. After seeing this video I'm going to consider the section now. The views are great. Close to a goal and a corner.

Those seats will be horrible for soccer. Since they are the priciest seats in Yankee Stadium for baseball they probably don't want to sell them at a high price and get disgruntled fans bitching about the view or at a discount and giving luxury away underpriced.

I am very pleased with both the ticket prices and the location of the supporter's section. We were told at the Q&A to expect ticket prices in line with other MLS teams, and specifically the Red Bulls, but I think these prices might undercut the Red Bulls, which is awesome. Like other mentioned, the Third Rail prefers those seats and I know I was a strong advocate for the left field bleachers. Having sat there for a match I know that we will have very good views and bleachers means we are less likely to get yelled at when we are clambering and jumping on them after a goal than if we were doing the same on the cushy seats. :D

Vito Vito , the black section above monument park in the middle of the bleachers is what I imagine you are referring to. There is a bar behind the black glass so I doubt we can hang banners there unless it is going to be closed during the games. And I would imagine it will be open.

Double post but one thing that is interesting is that the season ticket package only includes the regular season games. Most MLS teams have a few other games included in the package. Generally these are either US Open Cup games, Champions League games or in-season friendlies. NYCFC has no games included so if you want to attend any additional NYCFC games throughout the season you have to buy them individually.

Cheapest per-game season ticket rates by New York sports teams (not accounting for bonus games such as friendlies):
$85 New York Football Giants - NFL
$62.50 New York Jets - NFL
$56 New York Rangers - NHL
$49 New York Knickerbockers - NBA
<$48.78 New Jersey Devils - NHL (all I could find was starting under $2,000 and divided that by 41)
$45 Brooklyn Nets - NBA
$18.82 New York Red Bulls - MLS (renewal price if different)
$18.50 New York Lizards - MLL
$18 New York City FC - MLS
$17.15 New York Mets - MLB
$16.50 New York Islanders - NHL (for 2014-15, last year at Nassau, expect an increase at Barclays)
$15 New York Liberty - WNBA (general admission)
$15 New York Yankees - MLB (one section says $15/20)
$10 Sky Blue FC - NWSL

Some interesting results there

The Devils have a $23 ticket and the Jets are actually down to $50. I'm pretty sure the Nets have the $30 seats both those are for grandfathered in accounts only.

The pricing for 27K seats is decent. I can imagine most nights having about 15k in attendance.

Those seats will be horrible for soccer. Since they are the priciest seats in Yankee Stadium for baseball they probably don't want to sell them at a high price and get disgruntled fans bitching about the view or at a discount and giving luxury away underpriced.

I am very pleased with both the ticket prices and the location of the supporter's section. We were told at the Q&A to expect ticket prices in line with other MLS teams, and specifically the Red Bulls, but I think these prices might undercut the Red Bulls, which is awesome. Like other mentioned, the Third Rail prefers those seats and I know I was a strong advocate for the left field bleachers. Having sat there for a match I know that we will have very good views and bleachers means we are less likely to get yelled at when we are clambering and jumping on them after a goal than if we were doing the same on the cushy seats. :D

Vito Vito , the black section above monument park in the middle of the bleachers is what I imagine you are referring to. There is a bar behind the black glass so I doubt we can hang banners there unless it is going to be closed during the games. And I would imagine it will be open.

I wasn't talking about the Mohegan sports bar. Right next to section 238 is section 239 which won't be used for NYCFC games because some of the field is blocked off by the bar. I'm saying it would be cool if we could cover those bleachers with a banner or something.

The Red Bulls season ticket holders get free playoff tickets if the team makes it that far. They also got free Red Bull v. Arsenal tickets so it would be cool if NYCFC did that too

The Red Bulls season ticket holders get free playoff tickets if the team makes it that far. They also got free Red Bull v. Arsenal tickets so it would be cool if NYCFC did that too
The season ticket benefits on the site state that one benefit is priority access to playoff ticket. So I imagine that means they are not free. I asked about additional games (Open Cup, friendlies) on the live chat and David responded with
Right now polices for additional games have not been determinded yet, but they will be in the forseable future. Still building a lot of things out right now currently.
So there you have it.