Special Event Nov 13th

I know it's not going to happen but I would like it to. Garber is following the NFL model of conducting business since that is his background. It's not the worst thing but even with NFL I wish the teams had more freedom to get their own deals. Regardless the next contract is going to be huge for the league and a lot of revenue. New teams new TV contract a growing league and 2 new CBA's which mean higher payed players and better players and product. Nike, Under Armour, Puma and Adidas will all be bidding like crazy. This current deal with Adidas is 8 years for around $200 mil. Chump change compared to what the next deal will be worth.

I hope Nike and Under Armour make huge bids. Really anyone but Adidas. Nike might want MLS back to grow there soccer profile at home and Under Armour wants a bigger soccer profile and don't currently have any exclusive leagues. They can make a big play for MLS.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
More spots opened up via the NYCFC email link. 2 confirmed bookings just now.

*Email to confirm RSVP will go out after November 7th*

Go fast......

I hope Nike and Under Armour make huge bids. Really anyone but Adidas. Nike might want MLS back to grow there soccer profile at home and Under Armour wants a bigger soccer profile and don't currently have any exclusive leagues. They can make a big play for MLS.

I'm telling you I bet you the next sponsorship in 2018 will be north of $500 Mil probably closer to a billion.

Reactions: Kjbert
I say let Riddell design the kits

That's a joke right? No matter what our personal preferences are, Nike and Adidas are the two big kit companies. They make kits for the biggest teams in the world. MLS needs to have one of them if they want to come off as a serious league. Under Armour and Warrior are joke brands in this game, no where near the brand power as Nike and Adidas.

In my opinion, Adidas is going to resign with MLS. They're not stupid and neither is MLS.

That's a joke right? No matter what our personal preferences are, Nike and Adidas are the two big kit companies. They make kits for the biggest teams in the world. MLS needs to have one of them if they want to come off as a serious league. Under Armour and Warrior are joke brands in this game, no where near the brand power as Nike and Adidas.

In my opinion, Adidas is going to resign with MLS. They're not stupid and neither is MLS.

Of course it's a joke.

I wouldn't call Under Armour a joke. They have a strong brand. Of course Nike and Adidas have the most power in the sport but that doesn't matter money talks. In 3 years there will be a bidding war and Under Armour will be players 100%. Nike has the NFL, Adidas has the NBA and I can only imagine that Under Armour and the others want to sink their teeth into a league that's growing.

Of course it's a joke.

I wouldn't call Under Armour a joke. They have a strong brand. Of course Nike and Adidas have the most power in the sport but that doesn't matter money talks. In 3 years there will be a bidding war and Under Armour will be players 100%. Nike has the NFL, Adidas has the NBA and I can only imagine that Under Armour and the others want to sink their teeth into a league that's growing.

And so do Adidas and Nike. I doubt that UO can outbid them.

And so do Adidas and Nike. I doubt that UO can outbid them.

We'll see I am not saying they will win the contract but Under Armour just went public this year and they're a cash cow at this point. I wouldn't sleep on their ability to make an outrageous bid. I wasn't arguing one way or the other just pointing out that the next sponsor will pay an enormous amount of money.

You are undervaluing the size of Under Armour. It is a pretty massive brand. Obviously not Nike or Adidas, but certainly not the "joke" you claim them to be.

Warrior is rebranding to New Balance. I don't care much for their Liverpool kits, but the one's for next year don't look so bad.

Liverpool-15-16-New-Balance-Kits.jpg

Reactions: SayWhat44
I was referring to their place in the soccer world. They're new, and on a global scale they're pretty much irrelevant compared to Nike and Adidas.

they only have tottenham hotsuir and two clubs in Mexico. They say they want in on soccer they are a very large American sports apparel company and don't have any leagues to there own. They were in on man u and got outbid by Adidas. I think they will go in on MLS and they are going to bid high.

I gotta agree with you there. I would actually love to see Warrior do our kits because they made AMAZING kits for Liverpool! Plus with Warrior being a huge lacrosse brand and lacrosse being a semi large sport on the east coast it would bring a lot of great attention to our team

I have to disagree with you there. I thought Warrior's kits for Liverpool over the last couple of seasons have been horrible. The third kits especially look like the designer got bought a "My First Tessellation" kit and was so overcome with joy that he decided to take it to work with him. There's no clean, smooth sharpness to the designs at all. Kits just shouldn't be that busy IMO.

I was referring to their place in the soccer world. They're new, and on a global scale they're pretty much irrelevant compared to Nike and Adidas.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-06-17/how-under-armour-whiffed-on-the-world-cup

After reading that my first thought is this will mean they will be pushing very hard in the next couple of years growing their brand and market share. I am more convinced that they will put forth an enormous deal with the MLS when Adidas contract is up.

As I am sitting here thinking I've looked around a little bit and I haven't found any announcement on an actual YES agreement. Everyone seems to just believe it's a foregone conclusion (as do I). I hope they actually televise the games live on YES (When the games don't coincide with Yankee games of course.) I know they play MC and Red Bull games but those aren't live they're rebroadcasts.

Hopefully next week they will announce an agreement with the team to broadcast the games live. YES needs some more shows anyway they're pretty bare boned and could use something to take up space and get viewership. Also continuing this thought hopefully they invest in some kind of show on the state of the team and MLS maybe a weekly spot or something.
I hope they reach a primary agreement with an OTA broadcaster. It has worked incredibly well for the Sounders. Having an agreement with YES for weekly shows and recaps would be nice, but I think it would be a mistake to have some games on YES and some on another network and then add in the national tv games. It seems pretty clear that a club has more success with one "destination" network where all non-national matches will be aired.

Reactions: SayWhat44
I hope they reach a primary agreement with an OTA broadcaster. It has worked incredibly well for the Sounders. Having an agreement with YES for weekly shows and recaps would be nice, but I think it would be a mistake to have some games on YES and some on another network and then add in the national tv games. It seems pretty clear that a club has more success with one "destination" network where all non-national matches will be aired.

I agree. If they were to have an agreement with YES I can't imagine it being as restrictive as the Yankee deal where if they're on ESPN. The game won't be shown on ESPN for everyone in the local market. I actually like ESPN's broadcasts and think they're going to bring a lot to the MLS.