Special Event Nov 13th

Etihad is actually a pretty good shirt sponsor. It has a low key design. Especially compared to 80% of kit sponsors in the MLS that have huge logos and look terrible. The BIMBO sponsorship that Phili has is awful.
At least we won't have that incredibly ugly Advocare logo on our kits like Dallas.

I'm digging the Orlando kit to be honest.. Simple, clean, classic. Great look for an inaugural kit. I really hope they didn't do anything strange with our collars, Adidas is hit or miss with them.

Are there MLS badges on both sleeves in that photo though??
yeah both sleeves have the mls badge now, they got rid of the whole american flag thing...im pretty sure everyone knows this is america

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I wish they would go "non-exclusive" like the PL. Let the teams choose. Under Armor made some beautiful Spurs kits last year. This year, not so much... ANYTHING but Puma.

I like Puma's kits. The Arsenal one is gorgeous this year.

I like Puma's kits. The Arsenal one is gorgeous this year.

Oh man. We have really differing opinions, man. I think Arsenal has the ugliest kits in the PL this year. The tops are extremely tight while the shorts are really baggy. Bummer because their home kit last year from Nike was beautiful.

Look at the Newcastle kit from Puma. Horrid. Like the green and blue one. How did someone "design" that and think, "this is perfect!"??

Reactions: Paul and Vito
Other ideas:
iaMz8rc.png

30d45072192b642d34e4ce81e796ba8e.jpg

NYCFC_1_zps0998441d.png

img-nycfc-home-16235

As I am sitting here thinking I've looked around a little bit and I haven't found any announcement on an actual YES agreement. Everyone seems to just believe it's a foregone conclusion (as do I). I hope they actually televise the games live on YES (When the games don't coincide with Yankee games of course.) I know they play MC and Red Bull games but those aren't live they're rebroadcasts.

Hopefully next week they will announce an agreement with the team to broadcast the games live. YES needs some more shows anyway they're pretty bare boned and could use something to take up space and get viewership. Also continuing this thought hopefully they invest in some kind of show on the state of the team and MLS maybe a weekly spot or something.

The contract with Adidas runs out after 2018. Which if this CBA is like the past which were 3 year deals could be a HUGE year for the MLS. I am sure the next deal if it is league wide will be a bidding WAR... Hopefully they let the teams each get their own contracts but I doubt it, Garber is a dictator and likes to have all the control.

Reactions: Ike Podell
Anyone receive confirmation emails regarding invitation to the event yet??

The contract with Adidas runs out after 2018. Which if this CBA is like the past which were 3 year deals could be a HUGE year for the MLS. I am sure the next deal if it is league wide will be a bidding WAR... Hopefully they let the teams each get their own contracts but I doubt it, Garber is a dictator and likes to have all the control.
Not gonna happen. The league gets more money total plus parity and shit. The Crew or the Rapids would never get the same money as the Sounders or the Galaxy and it wouldn't take long before they started whining.

Not gonna happen. The league gets more money total plus parity and shit. The Crew or the Rapids would never get the same money as the Sounders or the Galaxy and it wouldn't take long before they started whining.

I know it's not going to happen but I would like it to. Garber is following the NFL model of conducting business since that is his background. It's not the worst thing but even with NFL I wish the teams had more freedom to get their own deals. Regardless the next contract is going to be huge for the league and a lot of revenue. New teams new TV contract a growing league and 2 new CBA's which mean higher payed players and better players and product. Nike, Under Armour, Puma and Adidas will all be bidding like crazy. This current deal with Adidas is 8 years for around $200 mil. Chump change compared to what the next deal will be worth.

Not yet. I would expect by Monday or Tuesday.
I have no basis as to why I would expect them by then.

Could have sworn when I requested through Third Rail there was a follow-up stating confirmation on (or around) November 6th... Could be mistaken though.

Could have sworn when I requested through Third Rail there was a follow-up stating confirmation on (or around) November 6th... Could be mistaken though.
I can't speak on any claims they made. I rsvp'd through the club so I didn't see that email. However TR is privvied to info that the rest of us aren't so it's very possible we hear from them sooner. I hope that's the case.

I wish they would go "non-exclusive" like the PL. Let the teams choose. Under Armor made some beautiful Spurs kits last year. This year, not so much... ANYTHING but Puma.
I gotta agree with you there. I would actually love to see Warrior do our kits because they made AMAZING kits for Liverpool! Plus with Warrior being a huge lacrosse brand and lacrosse being a semi large sport on the east coast it would bring a lot of great attention to our team