Summer Transfer Window

Agreed. At least not this year. Even if MacMath has outstanding ball skills, it's unlikely he has experience playing out of the back in a system like PV has instituted.* Saunders -- for all his issues -- has shown actual improvement on this aspect of his game as the season has progressed and there's no way PV wants to start from scratch. I won't be unhappy but I will be shocked if Saunders is not our keeper through the end of the Blues' season, barring injury.

* I honestly don't know so I could be wrong but it seems really very unlikely.
When the guy was starting from a negative number, any improvement has only taken him back to near zero, but when you factor in that he's regressed with the types of blunders and positioning, I'd take a chimp with long arms manning our nets instead. Seriously, I can't handle the crap that took place from him last night. And if you think back, he's been doing that sort of thing all year and he just had some blips over the last few game that made him look better.

When the MIB compare your keeper to the American version of Joe Hart, you know he's committing howlers.

When the guy was starting from a negative number, any improvement has only taken him back to near zero, but when you factor in that he's regressed with the types of blunders and positioning, I'd take a chimp with long arms manning our nets instead. Seriously, I can't handle the crap that took place from him last night. And if you think back, he's been doing that sort of thing all year and he just had some blips over the last few game that made him look better.

When the MIB compare your keeper to the American version of Joe Hart, you know he's committing howlers.
You arguing with me, or with my analysis of PV's intentions?

Agreed. At least not this year. Even if MacMath has outstanding ball skills, it's unlikely he has experience playing out of the back in a system like PV has instituted.* Saunders -- for all his issues -- has shown actual improvement on this aspect of his game as the season has progressed and there's no way PV wants to start from scratch. I won't be unhappy but I will be shocked if Saunders is not our keeper through the end of the Blues' season, barring injury.

* I honestly don't know so I could be wrong but it seems really very unlikely.
I'm not sold on MacMath either, and not certain he really would make much of a difference for this year, as you noted above.

But I'd still like the trade, we get a young keeper who doesn't take up an international spot and has some starting experience in MLS.

Additionally, it could help light a fire under Saunders' ass.

Do agree that we would need to find a backup striker somewhere, but I don't think that would be terribly difficult.

Adrian Healey referred to the club as "city" a lot during the Seattle match. Almost sounded (pun?) as if CFG instructed ESPN to do this
I noticed that, and it was odd. Not in a bad way, just a bit noticeable.

Also, it feels to me like MLS has a guy in all the broadcast booths standing there with a baseball bat ready to whack anyone who calls us New York instead of New York City. It's like all the announcers want to say New York and New Jersey but fear of the bat man* makes sure they keep saying New York and New York City. Because MLS.

*Not the Batman. That's a different guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupInNYC and Paul
I noticed that, and it was odd. Not in a bad way, just a bit noticeable.

Also, it feels to me like MLS has a guy in all the broadcast booths standing there with a baseball bat ready to whack anyone who calls us New York instead of New York City. It's like all the announcers want to say New York and New Jersey but fear of the bat man* makes sure they keep saying New York and New York City. Because MLS.

*Not the Batman. That's a different guy.
Could you imagine?
Announcer: Wow! Did you just see David Villa of New York nutmeg Dax Mcarty of New Jers...
*WHACK*
Owwww!!!
2nd Anouncer: He meant Dax Mcarty of the New York Red Bulls! Screw NYCFC! heh heh... Don't hit me...

“I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years at Inter with Mario, but the book would not be a drama – it would be a comedy,” Mourinho once said.

“I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured. No Diego Milito, no Samuel Eto’o, I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.

“Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario.

“I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.’

“The 46th minute – red card!”

CFG is all about good people and positive personalities now. Could never see it happening

On one hand I would love the idea of Balotelli due to the fact that we are the villains of MLS. He would solidify us as the Cowboys of the league which is not a bad thing. But on the other hand he looks like he barely cares anymore. At Milan all he did was dive when he had the ball and pout when he didn't.

I think I would take the chance if I was Reyna. At worst we just end up in the same situation we've been in with Lampard. Best case scenario we have our own Giovinco who will take us to the playoffs on his own.