Tim Pernetti Out As Nycfc President

well, that was quick - yeesh!

The Club can also confirm that Tim Pernetti, who joined New York City FC as Chief Business Officer in 2013, will leave the organization after the first game of the 2015 MLS season. Tim, who has overseen commercial operations for the club throughout its infancy up to and including its historic first professional game, has been appointed President of Multimedia for WME | IMG’s college business.

This also appears to create a new position, President. I believe Pernetti was just the CBO. Hopefully, this leads to more independence. Although he does report to Ferran Soriano.

Reactions: Kjbert
Glick could help on the stadium front I think

Pernetti was the CBO. Glick is now the President. What's the difference in those roles?

Reactions: Kjbert
The Club created a new position above Pernetti (Pernetti ran the business of the team i.e. the stadium and money), Pernetti peace out to a new job this is the guy in charge under Soriano.

I'm giving out free "likes" to whoever can provide me some background on this Glick fellow.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/manchester-city-executive-tom-glick-6812241

I don't see it as a bad thing either. He seems to have way more soccer related experience than Pernetti. And I'm assuming with all the bad press the team has gotten recently, they need someone more experience to be more aggressive about getting shit done. This is me trying to look at it positively. Can @Falastur or anyone knowledgeable care to shed some light?

Reactions: sbrylski
I'm giving out free "likes" to whoever can provide me some background on this Glick fellow.

Commercial officer at Derby County and MCFC. Previously worked for the NBA too I think?

Massively increased revenues at both Football Clubs he's worked for not sure whether he's leaving MCFC or not, the press release seems to imply he has.

Not fishing for likes though ;)

I don't see this as any kind of black eye. Who gives a shit.
Correct. I was waiting to hear the woe is me crowd start whining on here. Pernetti was never a good hire and I'm glad he found work elsewhere. His time at Rutgers always left me worrying about when he'd screw up with us.