Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

Hmmm.... can't really tell how deep the box is but that's a keen observation, Vires Vires.

HIGHLY unlikely that those are New Era caps if they are indeed caps though. Adidas contract is almighty.

Reactions: Kjbert
My guess is that the boxes are just for show, or they'll drop in purchased items instead of using a bag.

Thought, dreaming of a nice New Era cap is nice.

They would need a lot more boxes if they want to give something to everyone at the stadium. Usually it's the first 10,00 fans or less. I'm thinking those boxes are probably something you have to buy at the team store. Or maybe it's just a NYC FC box.

Lee Nguyen's head?

jlcmXKyEhP0gE.gif

Seriously, I wonder if this is like a free extra gift with purchase. If they were just handing out stuff to the fans, I imagine it would be done at the gates. If these were just boxes to put merchandise in, they wouldn't build them up and stack them like that ahead of time - they'd just pop them open for each purchase.

This just increases my anticipation for Sunday.

PARKING.

Here is a link to the Quik Park parking lots around Yankee Stadium. Getting a prepaid spot is very helpful, and might be critical given that MTA is not going to run direct trains.

http://www.quikparkgarages.com/yankee-reservations/

This is a little unclear. There will be direct (local) metro north trains stopping at Yankee stadium on the Hudson line. And the MTA has said that they will be adding extra trains before and after the game to this route as they do for Yankee games. what they aren't doing is sending some of the trains on the New Haven line to Yankee Stadium as well.

Right. Should be clear. Usual subway service. Hudson line will stop at Yankee Stadium. New Haven and Harlem lines will not (as of today) stop at the stadium.

For all Yankee home games, they add trains that make stops on the New Haven and Harlem lines, but they've so far said they aren't doing that for this game. That could add to parking difficulties.

FOOD SERVICE IN 100 LEVEL

Last year for Yankees games, they provided wait service to people seated in the 100 level sections. You ordered your food and drink through an app called QKR, and it was delivered directly to your seat.

It was nice for a baseball game, but would be incredible for a soccer game, where you don't have time between innings to grab another beer.

Does anyone know if they are doing that for the NYCFC games?

FOOD SERVICE IN 100 LEVEL

Last year for Yankees games, they provided wait service to people seated in the 100 level sections. You ordered your food and drink through an app called QKR, and it was delivered directly to your seat.

It was nice for a baseball game, but would be incredible for a soccer game, where you don't have time between innings to grab another beer.

Does anyone know if they are doing that for the NYCFC games?

Only if you are part of Legends, Champions or Delta Sky club (see attached)

http://www.nycfc.com/tickets/benefits