Yankees Schedule/possible Nycfc Home Dates

This was also posted on another site:

http://mlb.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=nyy#y=2015&m=4&calendar=DEFAULT

Here is a list of Saturday's that NYCFC can use Yankee Stadium based on the 2.5-3 day turnaround schedule mentioned by the Club earlier.
March 7, 14, 21, 28
April 18 (Friday the 3rd would work.)
May 2, 16, 30
June 13, 27
July 11*, 25*
Aug 1, 29 (Friday the 14th would work)
Sep 19
Oct 3 Rest of Oct depends on how they work around playoff scheduling.
Nov 7, 14, 21, 28
*Likely depends on game times. Sunday would work in both cases.

So that's a total of 10-12 workable Saturday's and 12-14 workable Fri-Sun matches during the Yankee season, plus March and November open, plus working around the skeleton playoff schedule which may open another day or two. This obviously counts on no other special events like Concerts and International Soccer (although you could play games same day or back to back.)

So if the league does do what I would expect, which is make NYCFC's home schedule and make the away dates based around when they can't play at home, we should have a pretty decent schedule. It's tight, but we can avoid having a ton of midweek matches.

Don't you automatically remove the 4 dates in March? I would if possible.

Yankees don't play a home game until the first week of April so we have Yankee Stadium open for use for a full month. Might as well take advantage of that

This is why:

USATSI_7180237_167117770_lowres.jpg

DSGP-0322-SnowField.jpg

a_snowy_yankee_stadium_by_quinngoldie-d4navym.jpg

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Don't you automatically remove the 4 dates in March? I would if possible.
I put them there for reference but did not include them in my total. My point was that we can surely get to 17 without playing a single Monday-Thursday match. Obviously other factors will come up and we will, as other teams even with SSS often have, end up with some midweek matches. It just should not be as bad as it possibly could have been. I feared having only 4-6 Saturday matches during the Yankee season and a bunch of midweekers.

This is why:

USATSI_7180237_167117770_lowres.jpg

DSGP-0322-SnowField.jpg

a_snowy_yankee_stadium_by_quinngoldie-d4navym.jpg
Honestly, I would not be opposed to one or two of these matches!! Even if we play 3 or 4 matches in March, the odds are limited to how many snow games there will be.

Reactions: MagnusPax
I'm fine with a snow match. Why not? Play home games in mid-march and on the last Saturday/Sunday in March.

What's wrong with a few evening games during the week? Grab some dinner nice night out. Not over too late like some yankee games can be. I like something to do during the week personally

A couple of night games in the weekduring the warmer months would be awesome.