17,000 “founding Members” Season Ticket Holders

Secondly, the capacity for a SSS would depend on what kind of "walk-up sales" the team has been doing. I'm admittedly unsure of those numbers.
Our average attendance is 28.9k. Throw out the hi and low figures and the average is about 27k.
Credit to Gotham Gator Gotham Gator for keeping those stats.
Nycfc Attendance Thread

I think it makes sense to ignore both the opening game and RB game to calculate we average 24,526 for non-big-event games.

We have 17k STs now,but it's been growing during the season, which means we -- very roughly -- have probably been getting 5-10k single game (or package) ticket sales each match. Now it just gets harder to calculate, because you have to adjust for how many new season ticket sales are cannibalizing former single ticket buyers who won't buy single game tickets any more. OTOH, demand for single tickets could rise and the club grows in stature.

PS: the club announcement says they have 17,000 Founding Members. I interpret this to mean total season tickets and not individual tickey holders. If there are 17k season ticket holder and the number os season tickets is higher than that, then the amount of non-STH attendance is much lower. But that math doesn't seem to add up.

Our average attendance is 28.9k. Throw out the hi and low figures and the average is about 27k.
Nycfc Attendance Thread

I think it makes sense to ignore both the opening game and RB game to calculate we average 24,526 for non-big-event games.

We have 17k STs now,but it's been growing during the season, which means we -- very roughly -- have probably been getting 5-10k single game (or package) ticket sales each match. Now it just gets harder to calculate, because you have to adjust for how many new season ticket sales are cannibalizing former single ticket buyers who won't buy single game tickets any more. OTOH, demand for single tickets could rise and the club grows in stature.

PS: the club announcement says they have 17,000 Founding Members. I interpret this to mean total season tickets and not individual tickey holders. If there are 17k season ticket holder and the number os season tickets is higher than that, then the amount of non-STH attendance is much lower. But that math doesn't seem to add up.

Excellent assessment. And I think you're right, it's gotta be 17K seats are season seats, not individual holders. Even if you said 50% of the 17K owned 2 seats each, it would account for almost 24K in tickets. If that was true, I think NYCFC would be touting it everywhere.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I don't really think we know either way yet. It depends on so many factors, success of the team, the level of DP they continue to sign, growth of MLS as a whole, etc. One of the only good things about how long this stadium is taking is the time it allows for the team to more accurately figure out what size the stadium should be.

Agreed.

Reactions: gbservis
Nycfc Attendance Thread

It's also possible that assuming ST prices rise every year, and assuming the rise is substantial that in a few years' time less and less regular people are going to be able to afford to renew, so those ST will likely get snapped up by mid size business and/or brokers (Think Rangers/Yankees/Knicks) this means that the single ticket buyer number will increase

It's also possible that assuming ST prices rise every year, and assuming the rise is substantial that in a few years' time less and less regular people are going to be able to afford to renew, so those ST will likely get snapped up by mid size business and/or brokers (Think Rangers/Yankees/Knicks) this means that the single ticket buyer number will increase

Let's hope not, but it's certainty a possibility.

Reactions: FootyLovin
So I bought season tickets this week, and there was a surprising lack of instruction on what to do after I purchased them. I believe I pick them up at will call each game, is that correct?

They should be sending you a seasoncard. If it doesn't arrive before the weekend you should be able to print you TOR ticket via the account manager.

Reactions: The Toe
So I bought season tickets this week, and there was a surprising lack of instruction on what to do after I purchased them. I believe I pick them up at will call each game, is that correct?
As joe joe said, they'll send you a credit card-like card with a bar code on it that will scan at the gate so you can get in. If you don't have that yet you can print out your ticket from the AccountManager site. That's basically a "branded" TicketMaster site where you can print, transfer, and sell your tickets. It's at

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nycfc/EN/account/login

and you'll need to make an account there. I think you'll need your NYCFC account number (vague recollection) but maybe only the email address you used to buy the seats. You can also get to AccountManager by going to nycfc.com, going to the tickets menu, and then clicking My AccountManager.

If you don't have your seasoncard by tomorrow morning (that'd be Friday) and you can't get into AccountManager I'd call your sales rep and they should be able to get you set up for this weekend's match.

Reactions: FootyLovin and joe
They should be sending you a seasoncard. If it doesn't arrive before the weekend you should be able to print you TOR ticket via the account manager.

I'm honestly pretty shocked that the team's guidance ended with a receipt email, and that's it. No mention of a "seasoncard," no mention of the coupon code for the free t-shirt, not even a heads up on how to get the tickets I just purchased. I even watched the tutorials in the Account Manager area and they weren't any help.

I see now the "print at home" option, so I think I'm good.

Reactions: joe
Yeah, I think they are a little overwhelmed with the recent demand. I bought two season tickets Monday last week (10 days ago). I got my box the following Friday, but am still not on Cityzens and do not have an identifiable ticket rep. I did send an e-mail about Cityzens and was told I would be in the system "before the next game".

On another note, if I am attending the game in different seats than my season pass, how do I ensure I get Cityzen's credit?

if I am attending the game in different seats than my season pass, how do I ensure I get Cityzen's credit?
Have them scan your seasoncard at the gate but sit in the seats you have the other tickets for.

Alternate plan: let a friend use your seasoncard to come to the game while you use your ticket.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I'm honestly pretty shocked that the team's guidance ended with a receipt email, and that's it. No mention of a "seasoncard," no mention of the coupon code for the free t-shirt, not even a heads up on how to get the tickets I just purchased. I even watched the tutorials in the Account Manager area and they weren't any help.

I see now the "print at home" option, so I think I'm good.

You get less Cityzens points though if you print at home. The office is probably very busy with all the new tickets being given out. They're also probably short staffed since they need to print money for Villa, Lampard, and Pirlo.

You get less Cityzens points though if you print at home. The office is probably very busy with all the new tickets being given out. They're also probably short staffed since they need to print money for Villa, Lampard, and Pirlo.

I hate rewards programs, so whatever.

Yeah, I think they are a little overwhelmed with the recent demand. I bought two season tickets Monday last week (10 days ago). I got my box the following Friday, but am still not on Cityzens and do not have an identifiable ticket rep. I did send an e-mail about Cityzens and was told I would be in the system "before the next game".

On another note, if I am attending the game in different seats than my season pass, how do I ensure I get Cityzen's credit?

Give them to 1 of your friends to use

Ok, why is this so difficult?

I got my box and seasoncards or whatever. I previously found the print at home option, so I have printed tickets. But on ticket manager for the event, it says entry method is will call. WTF how do I get in?

Of course, I tried calling customer service and they're closed. Frustrating.

Also, not that I care about a sticker, but the materials talk about scarves and stickers, but there were no stickers in the box. Sloppy.

I previously found the print at home option, so I have printed tickets. But on ticket manager for the event, it says entry method is will call. WTF how do I get in?
I'd bring both your seasoncard and your previously printed tickets. If you print tickets that invalidates your seasoncard for that match, so perhaps that's what happened.

Reactions: sbrylski