17,000 “founding Members” Season Ticket Holders

Guesses on how many sign up by the end of the month?

So, the avg MLS attendance this season is 21,000 and we start with a base of 17,000 STH. I wonder what the team originally expected, but these are some very strong numbers!

Originally, I figured we wouldn't open up seats in the 3rd level except for the opener and the Derby. Now, I have to think that we will have at least a couple more games with the extra capacity. We are close to a sellout for Sunday and even closer 2 weeks later against Orlando.

Originally, I figured we wouldn't open up seats in the 3rd level except for the opener and the Derby. Now, I have to think that we will have at least a couple more games with the extra capacity. We are close to a sellout for Sunday and even closer 2 weeks later against Orlando.

Is that true that Sunday is almost sold out? Wow.

Make that 17,002.

<- This guy just bought two seats. :D

Although no mention of the t-shirt in the order despite typing in the PIRLO21 code. Also, they didn't use "founding member" anywhere in my order either. Is that status automatic if you purchase season tickets this year?

i'm wondering by the end of the month, if the founding members reached 21,000. Would Pirlo be hand delivering the package to that member, just like what Villa did before.

Reactions: Kjbert and The Toe
i'm wondering by the end of the month, if the founding members reached 21,000. Would Pirlo be hand delivering the package to that member, just like what Villa did before.
It's hard to imagine selling another 4k season tickets this year because what would drive it? OTOH, playoff push? Also, at what point do they stopp selling STH packages. WHen here's 3 games to go can you meaningfully call it someone an STH? But tmaybe they make them put down a deposit for 2016 right away.
If so, I think the key determinant to having Pirlo do it would be what's going on with the team. If they're busy, no party for #21k maybe.

Reactions: Kjbert
I bought two tickets right before the holiday weekend. That means I'm number 17,000 right? Do I get a prize? :D

Reactions: sbrylski
we are going to have more STH's than half of the leagues average attendance. We will definitely have to go for a stadium with at least 35,000 capacity.

Reactions: Goodfella
After traveling to the game at Philly my wife complained that she wanted a seat of her own. This complaint escalated when we weren't sure if she would have a seat for RBNJ. So after that game I bought two more tickets (for mine and one other wife). The package came on Friday and my daughter started complaining that she wanted to always have a seat. What the hell? I emailed my rep on Saturday to ask for 2 more.

Spoke to him today. Got my 2 more. He said they are veeeerrrrry busy today.

we are going to have more STH's than half of the leagues average attendance. We will definitely have to go for a stadium with at least 35,000 capacity.

We won't have our stadium plans even announced by the time that Villa, Lampard, and Pirlo are still on the team. May affect season ticket numbers depending on the next set of DPs.

Reactions: Kjbert
We won't have our stadium plans even announced by the time that Villa, Lampard, and Pirlo are still on the team. May affect season ticket numbers depending on the next set of DPs.
Given who we now have on the team now, I don't think we should doubt the caliber of player CFG will try to replace these players with when the time comes.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. First for the point made by LionNYC that by the time we even break ground on a stadium the 3 DPs may be retired/elsewhere. Secondly, the capacity for a SSS would depend on what kind of "walk-up sales" the team has been doing. I'm admittedly unsure of those numbers. Optimistically if we push let's say 20K season ticket holders by the time we break ground, I don't think you can expect 15K in walk-up sales per home game. Sure for an opener or RBNJ but not for a Thursday night against Philly. That would be the debate I think when determining capacity at our new place. Would the team rather see a 90% full stadium per home game (say 25K capacity with 18-20K being season seats) or a 65% full stadium but with a higher capacity for major games.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I have to respectfully disagree with this. First for the point made by LionNYC that by the time we even break ground on a stadium the 3 DPs may be retired/elsewhere. Secondly, the capacity for a SSS would depend on what kind of "walk-up sales" the team has been doing. I'm admittedly unsure of those numbers. Optimistically if we push let's say 20K season ticket holders by the time we break ground, I don't think you can expect 15K in walk-up sales per home game. Sure for an opener or RBNJ but not for a Thursday night against Philly. That would be the debate I think when determining capacity at our new place. Would the team rather see a 90% full stadium per home game (say 25K capacity with 18-20K being season seats) or a 65% full stadium but with a higher capacity for major games.

I don't really think we know either way yet. It depends on so many factors, success of the team, the level of DP they continue to sign, growth of MLS as a whole, etc. One of the only good things about how long this stadium is taking is the time it allows for the team to more accurately figure out what size the stadium should be.

Reactions: FootyLovin