2017 General MLS Transfer Rumors

Seb Le Toux to D.C. according to the MLS app.

Reactions: adam
Making good use of Darren Eales's connection to Spurs. Walkers is behind Carter-Vickers on the Spurs depth chart, but he's on the border of the first team. I would imagine he's more advanced than Miles Robinson who Atlanta just picked in the draft, though I'm saying that entirely based on where they've both been playing. I imagine Spurs wouldn't have loaned him there if they didn't think he'd play since they could always send him to teams in England. At the same time, may not be a great endorsement of his future there given that they have generally not loaned out their best young players this year such as CCV, Marcus Edwards, etc.

Reactions: JayH
FIRST DAX, NOW THIS?!?!?

MLS will have the biggest trades. These trades are going to be huge, the fans will say, stop MLS, we don't want such huge trades anymore. But we're going to keep making big trades...
Wow. That one had been kicking around for a bit, but I didn't think it was necessarily going to happen. As best I understand, classic salary cap trade where Orlando is capped out and yet still not that good (on paper at least). They tried to get rid of some deadweight with big numbers like Mateos, but couldn't. So, they need to trade one of their most valuable assets to get the slug of allocation money that will give them some roster flexibility.

Unlike Dax, who had a big salary number, my recollection is that Molino is pretty cheap. If that's right, they are going to need to get a lot of allocation money to really have room to bring in some quality.

How much do we think they get?

Edit: Looks like $450 TAM and $200 GAM. Also, sounds like he was cranky about his salary and pushed for the trade. Curious to see what Kreis does with the money.

Last edited:
Wow. That one had been kicking around for a bit, but I didn't think it was necessarily going to happen. As best I understand, classic salary cap trade where Orlando is capped out and yet still not that good (on paper at least). They tried to get rid of some deadweight with big numbers like Mateos, but couldn't. So, they need to trade one of their most valuable assets to get the slug of allocation money that will give them some roster flexibility.

Unlike Dax, who had a big salary number, my recollection is that Molino is pretty cheap. If that's right, they are going to need to get a lot of allocation money to really have room to bring in some quality.

How much do we think they get?

Edit: Looks like $450 TAM and $200 GAM. Also, sounds like he was cranky about his salary and pushed for the trade. Curious to see what Kreis does with the money.

2015: "Chris Wingert is someone you build a team around..."
2017: RSL have traded Chris Wingert to Orlando for $1M in combined GAM and TAM.

Oh shit. That guy can play a little.
Yup. Signings like this give me hope that MLS can crack the market with more Atomic Ant like signings from Europe. Prime-ish top tier players with some bump in the road in Europe willing to make the move here for good money, a cool experience, and the opportunity to be the man.