2017 Roster Discussion

That is just such a preposterous example that I can't believe you would even consider such a thing. Something like that would just never be allowed to happen.
And over here we have a bridge dating from 1883, recently renovated with new paint & new paved areas, connects two affluent boroughs, and is exempt from real estate taxes. Care to put ina bid?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
This has personally been my preference for a while. If you are not counting on your CDM to be a real offensive creator because you have Pirlo, I'm not sure you need a DP level guy to do that job. Earlier in the winter, I had several discussions with people about filling the CDM slot with a functional guy and then spending the $$ on a winger. I still would still probably go that route (unless they genuinely believe Lewis steps right in and has a Jack level impact from day one), but your suggestion that they've set themselves up to have options depending on how the assortment of unknowns that we've collected goes is interesting.
How many swings at signing a serviceable CDM do you get? That's why I don't think that was necessarily the plan. Surely, they didn't sit around and say, "Hey, we're pretty good at non-DP midfielder signings, let's give that a go. 3rd year's the charm! Definitely won't be a total bust again!" Because that means they are absolutely as ridiculous as I often suspect.

Reactions: Kjbert
And over here we have a bridge dating from 1883, recently renovated with new paint & new paved areas, connects two affluent boroughs, and is exempt from real estate taxes. Care to put ina bid?
New paint you say? Hmmm. Give me a moment to look it over.

New paint you say? Hmmm. Give me a moment to look it over.
If it's an all-cash offer, I should be able to push things in your direction. But hurry, I have multiple bids in all above asking price.

Reactions: Kjbert and Seth
I think some of this depends upon what you think our biggest problems were from last season that need fixing.

To me, one is creating a midfield that can successfully transition the ball from the defenders forward when we are playing out of the back. We need to keep possession, and we can't be turning it over in our own end. Another is a solid defensive mid that can shield the back line - especially when the other team is breaking after a turnover. Both of those things scream for a really good CDM. Maybe we can get one using TAM, but a DP could really get the job done.
That's compelling and well said. My first priority is servicing the shield function. But, you are right that if you get someone who is also an elite mover of the ball, that solves a lot of our problems at once.

We need to be going for Leander dendocker from anderlecht dude is a monster. Throw whatever fee it takes and give him 4-5m
If you must take some defensive player from that mediocre team Anderlecht, best to take Kara. He's already a bit unnerved cause he's forced to stay.

Better is to scout players from Italy.

NYCFC Depth Chart

Depth Chart
Forward/Winger: Villa, Shelton, Okoli
Winger/Attacking Mid: McNamara, Harrison, Camargo, Lewis
Central Mid: Pirlo, Ring, Herrera, Badji, Lopez, [Mix?]
Left Back: Matarrita
Center Back: Chanot, Brillant, Callens, White, [Brandt?]
Right Back: Allen, Gomez
Goalkeeper: Johnson, Johansen, Rawls

Unsigned Draft Picks: K. Awuah (M), M. Degraffenriedt (D), J. Brown (F), C. Wingate (M)
Trialists: B. Sweat (D), M. Farfan (M), J. Stertzer (M), R. Louima (F)

======

We have 22 players, including Herrera and Badji, but excluding: Mix and Brandt, the unsigned draft picks and the trialists.
Just curious, not saying you're wrong at all, but why do you rate TMac over Harrison?

There's a 19 year old Striker who scored tonight named Roberto Louima from Haiti.

He is a U-20 star. I don't know if he is here as a trialist or will be loaned to us a la Shannon Gomez but we haven't been the only club to sniff around.

As someone who's Haitian I hope we sign him
When I had the pleasure of watching Haiti play in the Copa America with FootyLovin, I spent half the game thinking "man, I wish we had some of the Haitian attackers at NYC."

Any game that team is involved in is a blast to watch. Absolutely no regard for defending, completely balls out attacking with a naiveté that has to be intentional. They are the anti-Honduras.

I totally didn't register John Stertzer trialing with us until all of the posts from last night. If I'm not getting myself crossed up, I think he was someone I thought looked pretty good at RSL.

Wonder what became of that Sandoval kid? His physicality impressed me the few times I saw him.

When I had the pleasure of watching Haiti play in the Copa America with FootyLovin, I spent half the game thinking "man, I wish we had some of the Haitian attackers at NYC."

Any game that team is involved in is a blast to watch. Absolutely no regard for defending, completely balls out attacking with a naiveté that has to be intentional. They are the anti-Honduras.
Fits our style perfectly.

Just for fun - Current fifa ratings when you download the updated squads:

Villa 82
Pirlo 82
Callens 71
Chanot 70
Diskerud 69
Matarrita 69
Ring 69
McNamara 68
Brilliant 68
Johnson 68
Harrison 66
Allen 66
White 66
Okoli 64
Shelton 64
Lopez 64
Johanson 63
Camargo 62
Gomez 60
Lewis 57
Rawls 56
Awuah 55
Brown 50

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
Just for fun - Current fifa ratings when you download the updated squads:

Villa 82
Pirlo 82
Callens 71
Chanot 70
Diskerud 69
Matarrita 69
Ring 69
McNamara 68
Brilliant 68
Johnson 68
Harrison 66
Allen 66
White 66
Okoli 64
Shelton 64
Lopez 64
Johanson 63
Camargo 62
Gomez 60
Lewis 57
Rawls 56
Awuah 55
Brown 50

Ugh. Can't wait until we have a starting lineup all 70+. Stephane Badji is 71/74, which is OK, but it's disappointing our TAM gets aren't in the 72-76 range. Remove Villa and/or Pirlo and we look terrible, like a "team in transition."

That said, I think a few guys are underrated, but of course I do, I'm biased.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Ugh. Can't wait until we have a starting lineup all 70+. Stephane Badji is 71/74, which is OK, but it's disappointing our TAM gets aren't in the 72-76 range. Remove Villa and/or Pirlo and we look terrible, like a "team in transition."

That said, I think a few guys are underrated, but of course I do, I'm biased.

Mata and Jack will both be in the 70s by season end. Sean Johnson will be if he finds his earlier Fire form. Throw in a DP and a good TAM signing and we go from looking very average to very dangerous