Reactions: Schwallacus
So Orlando gave up for Meram:
- $750K TAM
- $300K GAM
- 2019 International Slot

They just received back:
- $750K in TAM
- 2019 International Slot

So, they basically paid $300K in GAM to borrow him for half a season.

Meram earns $579k. Pro-rated that's $347k (we're about 60% done with the season). So Meram cost Orlando $647k in salary cap space for about 20 games. Yikes.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
Meram earns $579k. Pro-rated that's $347k (we're about 60% done with the season). So Meram cost Orlando $647k in salary cap space for about 20 games. Yikes.
Kreis may have fcked Orlando worse than he did NYCFC. The rest of Orlando’s roster are a bunch of decent to good players whose styles don’t mesh together at all.

How could one man have been allowed to damage two different clubs????

NE must’ve really soured on him, because that’s a hell of a trade to get all that *AM, plus a 1st rounder, plus the cap space for this year.... is NE really taking a hit on their own cap just to move this guy????
"The best year of Krisztian Nemeth's career came with Sporting KC
  1. Sporting did the right thing to sell high
  2. Nemeth's return to MLS made a lot of sense
  3. Returning to MLS to play for the New England Revolution – who already had a bunch of strikers when he was acquired – didn't
  4. The Revs paid a bunch ($200k of GAM, $200k of TAM) to acquire him last summer
  5. ROI was minimal
  6. New England nonetheless did well to flip him on Monday, back to SKC, for $350k in total allocation cash ($250k TAM, $100k GAM) and a first round pick – basically a wash in terms of outlay, as well as clearing a max salary hit off the books
  7. SKC needed a striker"
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...t-rare-win-win-win-trade-sees-nemeth-back-skc

LAFC is playing with Monopoly money.... WTF and where the Fck are they getting all of this???
Not that it matters for this season, but will be very interested to see who stays and goes for next year. They only get extra allocation money for the first year right? They have quite a few guys on higher salaries, and they have already traded away allocation money for 2019

I don't think this was a smart move by LAFC. They have tons of scorers but they need defense. They are tied with NYCFC for second most goals scored, but tied for 12th in goals against with Philly and Colorado. Their record against the best teams in the league is 0-4-3 and I don't think they're going to improve their playoff chances against that same competition by warehousing more forwards than can play in any given game.

I don't think this was a smart move by LAFC. They have tons of scorers but they need defense. They are tied with NYCFC for second most goals scored, but tied for 12th in goals against with Philly and Colorado. Their record against the best teams in the league is 0-4-3 and I don't think they're going to improve their playoff chances against that same competition by warehousing more forwards than can play in any given game.
It’s a weird one, right? That’s why I made the snide comment of them having 3 starting strikers and us having none.

Maybe the thinking is you push *Urena back into midfield, and that still doesn’t help your defense.

You’d almost think they have another deal lined up to swap out some of the attackers into a defensive midfielder. But maybe not. I think it’s canon at this point that you can’t compete in the playoffs without someone who is at least competent at the 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
It’s a weird one, right? That’s why I made the snide comment of them having 3 starting strikers and us having none.

Maybe the thinking is you push Godoy back into midfield, and that still doesn’t help your defense.

You’d almost think they have another deal lined up to swap out some of the attackers into a defensive midfielder. But maybe not. I think it’s canon at this point that you can’t compete in the playoffs without someone who is at least competent at the 6.
The "another deal lined up" is the only way I make sense of this. Maybe even for the winter? But now? Ida no.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

Maybe the thinking is you push Godoy back into midfield, and that still doesn’t help your defense.

Didn’t their striker Diomande go out injured last match?