2018 Jersey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sporting KC Away.

sporting-kc-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

The side stripes are template and have no symbolic relationship to NYC, and the gauge of the stripes has no visual relationship to the 3 stripes running down the sleeves. Are they functional? Perhaps knitted for ventilation?

I don't love it yet but it's still probably the best 2nd kit we've had IMO. And I'll buy it for the archive. I think it will look smart with typical street colors.

I am not blown away by I do like it. I think that the first two secondary kits were more like third kits as they were wild and ridiculous. They were love it or hate it designs. This one is safer, more likely not to generate as many strong feelings on either side of the spectrum.

The gray base is cool. The light blue contrasts well with the gray. A name and number set will pop. The monchrome logo is great. And it looks like we didn’t get the extra long laying design. I also think that it will look better in person, and be more wearable out and about than the others.

I will buy one and be happy. Pretty happy. Not Ren and Stimpy happy.

Here’s another view of it from twitter. Surprised it didn’t make it to the forums yet.

Was hoping for a cleaner look, but this isn’t horrible. Don’t love it don’t hate it.

EDIT: also all of these pictures being show look like replicas. Only one patch on the sleeves and stitched crest/adidas logo. Will be interesting to see how the authentic is different.

Last edited:
Not awful when you consider we'll only wear it 15 times over the next 2 years. Definitely going to grab one. On a side note, this promotes CFG synergy. Looks like the MCFC secondary that they're wearing right now vs. Burnley.

Reactions: Schwallacus

A lazy uninspired design with a badge that is equally lazy and uninspired. To make fans wait this long for something so thoughtlessly created is ridiculous. And the teaser video is even more ridiculous now because they obviously spent more time with its production than the actual kit it is meant to promote.

Not awful when you consider we'll only wear it 15 times over the next 2 years. Definitely going to grab one. On a side note, this promotes CFG synergy. Looks like the MCFC secondary that they're wearing right now vs. Burnley.
I don't know about the synergy - not watching the MCFC match - but those 6 chevrons have less to do with NYC than the "trying too hard" 5 stripes of the first Away kit.

For a club that has a fan base that eats up merchandise in record numbers, this is a total trash kit and slap in the face. Shouldn't have been a template and shouldn't have been something so mundane. To think this has been in the works for 2 years means somebody seriously dropped the ball - and it's not like they have to spend a lot of time during the off-year working on the primary jersey since that's always just a light blue backdrop.

My first impression is that it looks like a training top

My second impression was

423394CE00000578-0-image-a-64_1499728729824.jpg

My third impression is that I like it but don't like the armpit wings.

I'm with Christopher Jee Christopher Jee - second favorite kit. Wish it was tweaked a little but I'm in

Here’s another view of it from twitter. Surprised it didn’t make it to the forums yet.

Was hoping for a cleaner look, but this isn’t horrible. Don’t love it don’t hate it.

EDIT: also all of these pictures being show look like replicas. Only one patch on the sleeves and stitched crest/adidas logo. Will be interesting to see how the authentic is different.

The side stripes kill it for me. Without those it would’ve been clean if somewhat boring but at least interesting color palette. The stripes look like someone fucked up a paint job.

A slap in the face? I don't think it's healthy to be that emotionally invested in an away shirt.
I refrain from commenting on your posts, especially when you act like a douche to others with your condescending “why so thirsty” comments. Don’t agree with my post(s), then ignore it/them/me and don’t respond. Even if you do agree, please don’t respond.

Was at the Soccer Spot in Mt Kisco this morning. Showed it to the two guys working there. Both liked it. Neither is an interested party
What’s that?!?!? Need a new local spot to take all of my money that used to go to U90.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Status
Not open for further replies.