2024 NYCFC Kit Thread

The disco ball teaser had me hoping they'd put little mirrored squares on the kit so we could blind our opponents. Ok probably everybody.

Joking aside, I like it. Been a while since I've gotten a kit, so I'll be all over this one.
A kit with sequins could certainly mess with fans who bring laser pointers to the game.

Agreed re price... how the heck are they so damn much... and the name/number rub off after time. Crazy.

these prices are all about exclusivity. can't get a jersey to look like the authentic and rocking an authentic is a bit of a status symbol. otherwise yeah... it's way overpriced. they should lower the prices and they would probably sell many more jerseys. but they must make plenty of money to be able to keep these prices. they've gone up since pre-covid right? absolutely insane for me. i'll wait for a sale.

these prices are all about exclusivity. can't get a jersey to look like the authentic and rocking an authentic is a bit of a status symbol. otherwise yeah... it's way overpriced. they should lower the prices and they would probably sell many more jerseys. but they must make plenty of money to be able to keep these prices. they've gone up since pre-covid right? absolutely insane for me. i'll wait for a sale.

The most frustrating part is that -- OK, we had inflation. Fine. But prices never went down when inflation ended. Concert tickets, sports tickets, jerseys, these things all get to a price point and never go back down. It's just greed at this point. Making higher and higher profits from us. It's so gross.

Reactions: Dnigly13
The most frustrating part is that -- OK, we had inflation. Fine. But prices never went down when inflation ended. Concert tickets, sports tickets, jerseys, these things all get to a price point and never go back down. It's just greed at this point. Making higher and higher profits from us. It's so gross.

yep. greedflation. prices never go back down. the only thing that actually adjusts with price is gas. everything else just keeps going up.

can't blame businesses cause they will charge as much as they can get. greedy? sure. but the market dictates the price and that's 'murica.

only way for these things to go back down is if consumers force them to.

I will never buy a new kit these days for a team that I already have kit from that is still wearable . My old kit would have to have holes or terrible stains or have a player on the back I can’t stand anymore for some reason . At those prices I really might just settle for a T-shirt or a polo. There many things I love about soccer culture over American sports culture but the naked cash grab of changing the kits almost every single season is not one of them .

I will never buy a new kit these days for a team that I already have kit from that is still wearable . My old kit would have to have holes or terrible stains or have a player on the back I can’t stand anymore for some reason . At those prices I really might just settle for a T-shirt or a polo. There many things I love about soccer culture over American sports culture but the naked cash grab of changing the kits almost every single season is not one of them .

Agreed. I have a bushel of NYCFC t-shirts at this point -- each for $25-35 -- that I can wear to games. Too bad I don't have a jersey, but at these prices it's just not something I'm willing to do -- even though I like the jersey and would have bought it at lower prices.

It's funny what winning MLS Cup has done. Beforehand, I'd have no problem buying a replica. Now, it just seems wasteful to buy a replica if it doesn't have a star on it.

Reactions: Joe_Cos
Agreed. I have a bushel of NYCFC t-shirts at this point -- each for $25-35 -- that I can wear to games. Too bad I don't have a jersey, but at these prices it's just not something I'm willing to do -- even though I like the jersey and would have bought it at lower prices.

It's funny what winning MLS Cup has done. Beforehand, I'd have no problem buying a replica. Now, it just seems wasteful to buy a replica if it doesn't have a star on it.

this is why you grab a jersey at the end of the season when there's usually a good sale at the team store on the final home game of the season. usually it's supporter appreciation day and there will be a solid discount in the team store. you can snag a jersey for a good price and other stuff too.

Where is that?
This is the kit unveiling pop-up

1708128516195.png

this is why you grab a jersey at the end of the season when there's usually a good sale at the team store on the final home game of the season. usually it's supporter appreciation day and there will be a solid discount in the team store. you can snag a jersey for a good price and other stuff too.

This is the kit unveiling pop-up

View attachment 13175
Fuck! That’s a couple blocks away from my home and I happen to be in San Francisco for the weekend 😭

• Sad
Reactions: moogoo