Atlanta - Postmatch - Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 2

Well we better be keeping possession and creating overloads with eight guys in attack.

I don't take much tactically from what we were doing in the panic situation of trying to save our season.
I dunno, I see very similar things to what City is doing. Shifting between 2, 3, 4 ATB. Creating 3 v 2 overloads against the standard 4-3-3 defense which puts 2 defenders wide. I see positive things.

I had to go out during the match. Only thing that makes this worse was the commentary on Sirius which was The Atlanta and not a neutral feed for some reason. Biggest Homers I've ever heard. When we had a goal ruled out for offsides the announcer actually said "Thank God!" and then they had a 4 on 4 break away and he said "More of that please!" I wanted to punch someone through my car radio.

Also the fact that the Scumbulls are through to the semi makes it worse. Really don't want to root for Atlanta now but I can never ever root for the Energy drinks.

Don't take what Araos said at face value. Sounds like he mistranslated something and blew it out of proportion because of his inferiority complex.

I'll trust the guy who was there, heard the comment and knows the context over what internet translators are saying without having heard it.

Also Dome was obnoxious to Christian after a game earlier this season, also (it was pretty recent, I think), so there's more to this than just today.

Even though I tend to be optimistic about my team, I have 2 standards. 1) Play a style of soccer that I Like to watch so I am not embarrassed to have a knowledgable neutral watch a game in person or on tv; and 2) have a realistic chance of winning hardware which generally means being able to host at least 1 playoff game. The 2018 NYCFC team met my expectations. I wish they exceeded my expectations, but at least they met them. There are supporters of at least 12 clubs who can't say the same thing.

Last edited:
I'll trust the guy who was there, heard the comment and knows the context over what internet translators are saying without having heard it.

Also Dome was obnoxious to Christian after a game earlier this season, also (it was pretty recent, I think), so there's more to this than just today.
If someone else corroborates it great, but Araos is an arrogant prick and has history of hack jobs and posting untrue stories without issuing retractions. There should be plenty of spanish speaking media at the press conference to corroborate.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Our build up play is manic. We have a knack for opting to pass to a player next to three defenders rather than the open 1v1 guy. Yangel can't pass. Medina is slow. Villa lost a lot. Maxi overcompensates. Shradi is selfish. There's a lot of wrongs with this team. I've seen enough of Dome.

If someone else corroborates it great, but Araos is an arrogant prick and has history of hack jobs and posting untrue stories without issuing retractions. There should be plenty of spanish speaking media at the press conference to corroborate.
that and everyone there had some form of a recording device.

Dome should be disciplined by the club in some way, fined hopefully, for his behavior. And Taty should be disciplined and fined by the league and club. When he wasn't being a cheat Taty looked promising. He's barely 20 years old, maybe he can get a kick up his ass and stop playing that way. If it continues into next season I'd want him gone.

dont think it was directed at him in any way... i think he was just walking away after the press conference and mumbled "it was a fucking disaster" thats not usually something you say to someone as a personal attack. Christian Araos is the worst, look at his twitter responses, hes trying to make WAY more of it than it really was.

EDIT:

I also think this guy nails it right on the head

46151675_1188676121271649_1903672553767960576_n.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
Dome should be disciplined by the club in some way, fined hopefully, for his behavior. And Taty should be disciplined and fined by the league and club. When he wasn't being a cheat Taty looked promising. He's barely 20 years old, maybe he can get a kick up his ass and stop playing that way. If it continues into next season I'd want him gone.

Isn't Castellanos on loan? I can't imagine he'll be back.

i hope he is back. Players i want to see back:

Callens
Chanot
Castellanos
Maxi
Ring
Villa?

Everyone else can take a hike

I'd be surprised. Have we ever exercised the option on one of those loans? I can't imagine Castellanos would be the first. He's got skill, but is wildly inconsistent and immature on the field.

I do think that's a little excessive in terms of roster turnover, and obviously there won't be that much turnover.

Reactions: Schwallacus