Away - New England 07/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Villa plays. He seems super competitive and is clearly focused on making something of this season. I would be shocked if he sits. What about Angelino? Since the world of soccer seems to have some kind of strange hang up with turf, any reason to think MCFC might have issues with him playing on turf?

I really dont understand this turf thing. It's not like you see Seattle players going down left and right with turf related injuries. Its an NFL stadium, I'm sure its some of the highest end turf in the world. We are not talking about some $hit 1980s turf like the f.cosmos play on at Hofstra. Don't the European teams have indoor training facilities with turf? I feel like I recall one of the Villa vs. Aguero videos from MCFC being indoors on a turf training field? If so it's not like these guys have never stepped foot on turf fields.
Who, other than Henry, wouldn't play on turf?

Reactions: Kjbert and Gavin23
I don't see why Villa wouldn't play. I don't recall any problems after the opening match down in Orlando.

Reactions: Kjbert
I forgot to buy my bus ticket and the eventbrite sale ended so I'm looking for 2 bus tickets I don't necessarily need match tickets because I can buy them from NE box office but if you have 2 of them as well ill gladly take them off your hands thanks a lot guys.

Last I saw, they packed one bus and were now working on a second one.

If Nycfc post on twitter that Lampard is not playing due to the turf I'm smashing my tv.

My assumption is Lampard might just play the first half. Turf-related issue or perhaps fitness issue? If he wasn't fit for last weekend's game, chance is he won't be 100% fit this weekend.

Reactions: Gene
Start Lamps if he's gassed at half time or 60 mins etc. Bring on Poku. Makes perfect sense so Kreis probably won't?

Kreis remind anyone else of this guy?

Fat Frank could play in the all star game before playing a single fucking minute for us.

Not sure if everyone is aware of it, but the Revs have really been struggling recently...
Last 6 games in all competitions = 6 losses.

6/17 - Loss 1-0 vs. Charlotte Independence
6/21 - Loss 2-1 at DC United
6/24 - Loss 2-1 at Columbus Crew
6/27 - Loss 2-1 vs. Vancouver Whitecaps
7/4 - Loss 3-0 at FC Dallas
7/11 - Loss 4-1 at New Jersey

Outscored 14-4 during that losing streak.
Sounds bad. Though also pretty strong competition after Charlotte which you have to think NE was playing their B team. Love to keep their loss streak going. Just wary of placing too much meaning on this.

Sounds bad. Though also pretty strong competition after Charlotte which you have to think NE was playing their B team. Love to keep their loss streak going. Just wary of placing too much meaning on this.

No question that it's tougher competition, but you've got to get points where you can if you're going to compete -- I really just posted that so people would know what results the Revs have been getting lately. Everyone can then draw whatever conclusions they see fit.

I think that had we played that particular portion of the Revs' schedule over the same time period we probably wouldn't have managed more than a few points. I do not think we would have gone 0-6-0 though like they did. Now if we face those same clubs in August/September (and as it turns out we will face all of them except for Charlotte during that time) with our reinforcements getting a few games under their belts beforehand we could manage to get a lot better results than the Revs did. All speculation of course, but I feel like the Revs missing JJJ (who really drives that team) is a big reason why the Revs are struggling. On the other hand, we are getting some keys players and should take a big step up.

Also, I feel like NER might be trying to duplicate their terrible midseason streak from last year with the hope of making the MLS Cup final again. I kid, I kid.

We win 3-0. Villa, McNamara, Mullins. Poku will have to wait, but he is a lion tamer.

Going back up to CT this weekend and I'm probably a little too excited to catch a YES broadcast for the first time in a while.

I can't wait to hear Ian Joy again

Status
Not open for further replies.