Away - Toronto 5/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is there will be more than the usual 1-2 differences this game. I think there will be some lineup changes due to rest and that these were not reflected in the release either because the decisions weren't made in time or the club is keeping that info under wraps (or combo of both).

Could definitely be the case, although my opinion is that we see more regular players than many here seem to assume. If there is any change from what we saw in the press release, I would guess Pirlo sits for Mix. Most of the younger guys can handle the extra games, although you could claim the Birthday Boy (Pirlo) could handle it too since he paces himself so well.

Could definitely be the case, although my opinion is that we see more regular players than many here seem to assume. If there is any change from what we saw in the press release, I would guess Pirlo sits for Mix. Most of the younger guys can handle the extra games, although you could claim the Birthday Boy (Pirlo) could handle it too since he paces himself so well.
I'm not expecting wholesale rest either, but I do expect some. I also wonder if the changes that are in the PR will actually happen... TBD at BMO in TOR against TFC

Maybe I'm missing something.

Why would we sit all these players you guys are mentioning to a team in our conference 2 points behind us? This is a big game. You sit players in non-conference games. Except for 1 or 2 changes, I expect our normal lineup.

Why would we sit all these players you guys are mentioning to a team in our conference 2 points behind us? This is a big game. You sit players in non-conference games. Except for 1 or 2 changes, I expect our normal lineup.
Ideally, you wouldn't want to, but this is quite a compressed week with Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday games. The middle game is ideally the game you would rest players. It just so happens that our non-conference game was one of the bookends.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I could see Pirlo and Mix being replaced by Mendoza and Bravo for this one.

TMAC then moves to midfield with Mendoza on the left. I think PV will want to make as little change as possible whilst we are winning.

Once again I will have to record the game and watch it tomorrow night.

Reactions: Kjbert

I agree. We're on a 4 game unbeaten streak, so why finagle with the lineup? IMHO, you put out the guys who have been carrying the load and worry about the next game when it comes up.

Come Saturday, guys who can go.......go. Guys who can't.......next man up.

Anyone know of any bars in midtown that will be showing the game? I'm working til 8 so looking for a place to catch the second half.

I agree. We're on a 4 game unbeaten streak, so why finagle with the lineup? IMHO, you put out the guys who have been carrying the load and worry about the next game when it comes up.

Come Saturday, guys who can go.......go. Guys who can't.......next man up.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: Gene
You take Ronaldo because of his strength and goal scoring. This league is very physical. I think he fits MLS better than Messi. My two cents.

Reactions: Ulrich and The Toe
Sabo: Instead of celebrating our 20th anniversary at the new French restaurant you want to try, lets go to my favorite bar and watch the NYCFC-Toronto game.

Wife of Sabo: [Insert 12 angry eye stare of death emojis here]

Enjoy the game everybody.

My in-laws are in from Florida for my Brotherinlaw's wedding Sunday (dvr'd match). They wanted another family dinner tonight before they go home. Does my family want me to DVR every match this season????????

Reactions: Kjbert
My in-laws are in from Florida for my Brotherinlaw's wedding Sunday (dvr'd match). They wanted another family dinner tonight before they go home. Does my family want me to DVR every match this season????????
Thankful for the DVR. Had to use it about 5 times already this season. Will have to pause today's match for about 30 minutes.......

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.