Brad Sims to Lead NYCFC as CEO | Matt Goodman as COO

Yes, he's extremely well respected in the sports industry and has done an incredible job with the NBA over the last 4-5 seasons.
You mean exactly like Sims?
And how exactly do you know this?

Reactions: Kjbert
My thought when reading it is that reinforcements were hired because Sims couldn’t handle the bandwidth.
Or it's possible that Sims realizes how bad things have been, how big the challenge is to turn it around, and decided to beef up the capabilities of his team, potentially in light of the fact that they are going to have a lot more sponsorship and suite inventory as they gear up for a new stadium.

Or it's possible that Sims realizes how bad things have been, how big the challenge is to turn it around, and decided to beef up the capabilities of his team, potentially in light of the fact that they are going to have a lot more sponsorship and suite inventory as they gear up for a new stadium.
Right, he doesn’t have, and can’t handle, the bandwidth required for the position.

Sims sent out an email to Premium ticket holders this morning. In addition to the updates about the coach and Matt Goodman, he made the following claims about ticket sales:
  • they already have more new City memberships for 2020 than they had in all of 2019
  • they had the highest renewal rate this off-season in club history
  • they are on pace to have the first year over year increase in membership since year 1.

Sims sent out an email to Premium ticket holders this morning. In addition to the updates about the coach and Matt Goodman, he made the following claims about ticket sales:
  • they already have more new City memberships for 2020 than they had in all of 2019
  • they are on pace to have the first year over year increase in membership since year 1.

Those claims really surprise me. Guess we'll see if it really translates into attendance. I miss the big crowds actually in the stadium.

how the heck did they manage that?

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert
how the heck did they manage that?

Winning the regular season title with exciting players like Maxi and Heber. Is this really that surprising? Sure, most of us are frustrated with the organization, but is it really that surprising that a team this good on the field would see an increased interest?

Also, Yankee Stadium is a problem for many of us, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker for as many people as we think, which is why the team has been able to be so careful with their SSS search. Super easy to get to, good centralized location for Westchester, New Jersey, and Manhattan, and if you know where to sit there are some really good seats in the stadium for soccer.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I don't even know how this info is possible.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Would be real curious if these *new* memberships were actually old STH that gave up their seats and jumped back in when the club offered up preferential pricing that they claimed they never would?

Winning the regular season title with exciting players like Maxi and Heber. Is this really that surprising? Sure, most of us are frustrated with the organization, but is it really that surprising that a team this good on the field would see an increased interest?

Also, Yankee Stadium is a problem for many of us, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker for as many people as we think, which is why the team has been able to be so careful with their SSS search. Super easy to get to, good centralized location for Westchester, New Jersey, and Manhattan, and if you know where to sit there are some really good seats in the stadium for soccer.
we had that for a few seasons, though. (The good, exciting play part) and this hasn't happened since then.

Them nyc celtic supporters are buying them tickets now.

Pretty incredible considering people are leaving NYC at an alarming rate. Maybe Queens games help?

really? where? all boroughs ? my trains still ultra packed my stop has so many people getting off ( it wasnt like that like 5 years ago). i have suspicions of this claim.