Brad Sims to Lead NYCFC as CEO | Matt Goodman as COO

we had that for a few seasons, though. (The good, exciting play part) and this hasn't happened since then.

I wonder if winning the regular season conference championship meant anything more. I'd bet that winning something even if it isn't a real trophy made people take notice. Being first in the conference is a little different than finishing second or third.

Reactions: mgarbowski
It might be the phone calls they’re making to get old season ticket holders back. It was mentioned above as well.
It really doesn’t make sense to have season tickets for this club when you can get cheaper tickets during the year. The only benefit is location. If they announce a stadium then people will flood back for sure.

It might be the phone calls they’re making to get old season ticket holders back. It was mentioned above as well.
It really doesn’t make sense to have season tickets for this club when you can get cheaper tickets during the year. The only benefit is location. If they announce a stadium then people will flood back for sure.

This :handpointup:

That's basically the reason I dropped.

Reactions: hatt91 and adam
Sims sent out an email to Premium ticket holders this morning. In addition to the updates about the coach and Matt Goodman, he made the following claims about ticket sales:
  • they already have more new City memberships for 2020 than they had in all of 2019
  • they had the highest renewal rate this off-season in club history
  • they are on pace to have the first year over year increase in membership since year 1.

If true (and there's bound to be a lot of spin involved) then this isn't a great first for the narrative that Sims is a bumbling incompetent.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Those statistics can easily be cherry picked.

Simple question - how many season ticket holders (memberships) do they have for 2020 vs the 2019 number?

didn’t someone say that it was 13k in 2019?

Reactions: Kjbert
I still don’t know what Brad does. I have an idea of what Matt Goodman will be doing.

Simple question - how many season ticket holders (memberships) do they have for 2020 vs the 2019 number?
The post above says it’s a year over year increase in memberships from 2019 to 2020. I don’t think we’ve ever had official numbers

The post above says it’s a year over year increase in memberships from 2019 to 2020. I don’t think we’ve ever had official numbers

in order for his statement not to be a blatant lie, there only needs 1 additional membership over 2019. even that is still shocking considering all the outrage in the last year vs the FO and all the talk of people dropping memberships. maybe our view on this forum is a bit clouded and narrow based on our forum posts and not really reflective of the entire fanbase.

like i said earlier.. if things translate into better attendance at games, i'll be happy. atmosphere at games is what attracts more fans. at least at first. why can't every game be like a derby game, i say!

To be clear and emphasize, my post says that Sims said they are on pace to have the first year over year increase in membership since year 1. They are not there yet. This is a projection, which you can certainly manipulate. But, if the first two claims are true (ie a lower drop rate and an uptick in new members) it is very plausible that they will in fact reach that milestone of more members in 2020 than 2019.

To be clear and emphasize, my post says that Sims said they are on pace to have the first year over year increase in membership since year 1. They are not there yet. This is a projection, which you can certainly manipulate. But, if the first two claims are true (ie a lower drop rate and an uptick in new members) it is very plausible that they will in fact reach that milestone of more members in 2020 than 2019.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out

Also, maybe there were a lot more members that didn't totally evoke their membership, but rather some of the seats they had. Technically I removed one of my tickets but am keeping another. Technically, I wasn't lost, but they did lose money. From a membership POV that's not a loss, but on the books it definitely is. I'm going to presume the biggest loss is high paying people downgrading or reducing tickets rather than losing a membership entirely.

I also feel there is a decent group of people I see on the Forums and Twitter that are angry with the FO. However, all the rage I see tends to come from the same sources. While there is a lot of anger (rightfully so) being directed at the FO, in my opinion, it may be coming from a few constant sources rather than a growing group of angry members/fans.

We will be able to actually see how many people/members are in the stands for home games 5-10. I'm presuming it'll feel similar to last year, if not a little less.

Also, maybe there were a lot more members that didn't totally evoke their membership, but rather some of the seats they had. Technically I removed one of my tickets but am keeping another. Technically, I wasn't lost, but they did lose money. From a membership POV that's not a loss, but on the books it definitely is. I'm going to presume the biggest loss is high paying people downgrading or reducing tickets rather than losing a membership entirely.

I also feel there is a decent group of people I see on the Forums and Twitter that are angry with the FO. However, all the rage I see tends to come from the same sources. While there is a lot of anger (rightfully so) being directed at the FO, in my opinion, it may be coming from a few constant sources rather than a growing group of angry members/fans.

We will be able to actually see how many people/members are in the stands for home games 5-10. I'm presuming it'll feel similar to last year, if not a little less.

Now that I'm not a STH anymore, I may go to more matches this year if I can get them real cheap the day of the game. not sure if looking at the stands will give a true picture that way. The club isn't making any $ off me on the secondary market.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Now that I'm not a STH anymore, I may go to more matches this year if I can get them real cheap the day of the game. not sure if looking at the stands will give a true picture that way. The club isn't making any $ off me on the secondary market.
I always get the $15 tickets at shitty parts of the stadium and then stand by the bar areas where we used to sit, it's a great view and costs me about $30 cheaper per game. That, plus parking in bronx river market are waaaaaaaay cheaper ($10 for bx river market + $15 for game, i'm spending about $60 less per game than before)

Sims sent out an email to Premium ticket holders this morning. In addition to the updates about the coach and Matt Goodman, he made the following claims about ticket sales:
  • they already have more new City memberships for 2020 than they had in all of 2019
  • they had the highest renewal rate this off-season in club history
  • they are on pace to have the first year over year increase in membership since year 1.
Cynical take — 1) we have no idea how many new City members they had last year. Last year could have been a disaster. We also don’t know how they define member, i.e. mini-plans or any other way to define 2) Highest renewal rate on a low membership base indicates they’re approaching the core membership base, 3) see above and also, define pace. They haven’t had enough data to really predict seasonality or member purchases.
It’s easy to say anything if you’re vague enough.

Cynical take — 1) we have no idea how many new City members they had last year. Last year could have been a disaster. We also don’t know how they define member, i.e. mini-plans or any other way to define 2) Highest renewal rate on a low membership base indicates they’re approaching the core membership base, 3) see above and also, define pace. They haven’t had enough data to really predict seasonality or member purchases.
It’s easy to say anything if you’re vague enough.
Agreed. At some point they will reach the bottom, and have a year when memberships go up. That by itself is not evidence that things are improving. Two years up in a row would be a start.

Season Tickets vs. Season Ticket Holders. Interesting dispersion of numbers. Tickets can be down or flat, but Holders can be up...
True. Original STH’s had multiple tix under same account. Many dropped the superfluous tix along the years, say from 4 to 2. If a new fan picks up just 1, then the membership goes up but the total seats is still below the original count. Now do that on a grander scale of multiples. Without seeing actual numbers from year to year, it’s all just fuzzy marketing strained shoulders patting themselves on the back.

I always get the $15 tickets at shitty parts of the stadium and then stand by the bar areas where we used to sit, it's a great view and costs me about $30 cheaper per game. That, plus parking in bronx river market are waaaaaaaay cheaper ($10 for bx river market + $15 for game, i'm spending about $60 less per game than before)

Where are you parking for $10?!

I park at the Bronx terminal market (where Target and home Depot are) and pay $20

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Where are you parking for $10?!

I park at the Bronx terminal market (where Target and home Depot are) and pay $20
good question, we've been through this before in the stadium thread - I'm not sure what I do but if you pay $3 when you enter and then get back before the end of 2 hours (which usually a game will be just that if you arrive right before it) then you only spend $3. Then, sometimes if I'm later than 2 hours, it's a crap chute between a late fee of like $10 (so total is 13) or sometimes just they say 'you gotta pay 20'. But I have only gotten the second option once.

I park on one of the lower floors, so maybe that's the reason? idk.