CCL - March 15 - Comunicaciones (Away)

emotional roller coaster.

travel, elevation, and game congestion played big parts in how we looked. we were utterly dominated for probably 75 minutes and advanced on the shoulders of a taty wonder goal from 35 yards.

the goals we gave up came down to lazy defending from guys who shouldn't have been that tired.

we advance but damn.. that was a close one.

full respect to comunicaciones. they took it to us in both legs and never let up even for a bit.

and what is with players turning their backs all the time these days? it happens in every league and every team. everyone's so damn worried about taking a shot to the face they don't even know if there's a shot/cross coming and on top of that, they don't even get close! that shit never happened back in the day. today's players are pussies.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCMore
Between so many games back to back, altitude, so much damn travel. Our boys need a fucking nap after that shit

one more game and they get a break. a well deserved one.

philly will be tough. if we lose, i won't be mad. but would be great to win lol.

Reactions: JCMore
I went straight to the liquor cabinet after that, and I don't drink during the week.

Ronny subbed out the stars too early.

Acevedo was a walking turnover. Thiago was horrible during his entire stint. Gloster is nothing more than depth for training.

Kudos to Comunicaciones for never quitting. We were lucky to escape from this tie.

Fuck it. We move on.

Ban the orange kit.

subs came in too early

we don’t have the depth we think we have.

So that was a game for sure, wild swings between it being beyond a shadow of a doubt all the way to 5-5 and skating by on away goal. Definitely have some thoughts but for now I just have to be so disappointed with Acevedo, what a disaster show! was a turnover machine, killed any good counter attack chances, and just wasn't up to it surprised he wasn't pulled but Ronny got cocky, didn't even really celebrate our second goal and subbed on personelle that was not up to it (thiago closing down on the last goal, heber with a lackluster performance, etc.). We deserved to go through but there can't be anything but the top lineup from here on out, throw out a C team in MLS between the semi games to keep fresh and lose 5-0 for all I care, CCL should be priority 1 until we win or we go out.

Reactions: JCMore and moogoo
Lol 17 people in the chat said to make subs the minute Magno scored and now Ronnie did it too early. If you tell me you thought the subs needed to wait another 5-10 minutes before things went to shit I don't believe you.
lmao I was thinking the same thing. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm still happy he made the subs he did. Those players didn't play another 36 minutes, and we still went through. Albeit a crazy ending, but those players need the rest.

Reactions: moogoo
giphy.gif

Reactions: SoupInNYC
lmao I was thinking the same thing. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm still happy he made the subs he did. Those players didn't play another 36 minutes, and we still went through. Albeit a crazy ending, but those players need the rest.
Not only will I not believe anyone who claims they thought at the time that subs should have been made later, if it's true then they're have no sense. We were up 5-2 plus away goal advantage, with consecutive double game weeks, and tons of travel, and made subs at the OMG 60 minute mark, when all we heard last year was he made subs too late. It's almost as if, and I know this will shock you, some people will just find excuses to complain and criticize regardless of logic or fairness any time things go bad.

Goodnight.

Subs were at the right time given the scoreline. No one thought we were gonna give up 3 goals after that..

We looked much better soon as the subs came on.

But they got gassed quickly or just didn't perform. Out of the 4 subs only in parks made any real contribution. The other 3 were cones. I would have liked to see more grit and hustle from guys who aren't getting minutes.. but they are showing why they don't.

Reactions: Schwallacus