Columbus - Postmatch

damn, i actually agree with most your sarcasm

Especially the "I'm a moron" part, amirite!?

giphy.gif

Reactions: JayH
Ok, what exactly is it that you want to hear so "we" can end this? You're right! I'm a moron and I should watch more of the game and appreciate everything you appreciate just as you do. Brillant has been incredibly solid and I let my emotion about a goal cloud my judgement about this fantastic player. He's been a staple for our team in Chanot's absence and I don't know where we'd be without him. Hell, if Chanot gets healthy for playoff play, he should probably take a backseat to Brillant so we don't disrupt the rhythm on the back line. #MyBad #Brillant

My original comment was intended to be targeted at a broader spectrum of folks that seemed to me to be unfairly down on Brillant. I grabbed your quote as the first I saw as an example not with the intention of personally calling you out specifically but clearly as the discussion went on it became that way and I'm sorry about that.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Putting his face in front of an incoming cleat to score the game tying goal while we were a man down against Chicago didn't do anything for you?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/07/22/goal-frederic-brillant-heads-it-home

Hear, hear. I think he's always shown intensity. He complains to the refs, talks to his teammates in the backline, boxes people out with his body. Players with quick-feet and a low center of gravity are his kriptonite, but not for lack of trying.

I also think it is extra nice when a player redeems himself like Brillant has. Hell, I would like for Khiry to redeem himself, but given every opportunity he digs the dark hole deeper. And TMac looks like a classy guy, but his body won't allow him to redeem himself in a NYCFC uniform. Maybe he should try Futsal.

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/10/24/behind-scenes-nycfc-vs-columbus?autoplay=true

Interestingly, you hear PV tell Ring not to be afraid to push up. I think someone mentioned how we hadn't seen as much offensive transition from Herrera and Ring recently. To be fair, Ring gives him one of those looks like "OK sure and maybe I will score a hattrick while I'm at it".

The crowd also sounds louder.

I love the way Villa went over to the ballboy and got the ball even before we VAR'd our way into that penalty.

These videos are always one-sided, but there were _way_ more highlights to pack into this BTS than most. That, plus the impression that the team was all the way up for this actually has me feeling more confident going into the post-season
Villa trying to squeeze the water bottle and spray Kitman Dan one handed was strangely comical to me

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/10/24/behind-scenes-nycfc-vs-columbus?autoplay=true

Interestingly, you hear PV tell Ring not to be afraid to push up. I think someone mentioned how we hadn't seen as much offensive transition from Herrera and Ring recently. To be fair, Ring gives him one of those looks like "OK sure and maybe I will score a hattrick while I'm at it".

What puzzles me a bit is, that after the second goal other players celebrate, but Ring seems to be raging first on Moralez and then Sweat, as if he thought it was wrongly scored... :grin: And in the closing seconds of the clip he guides his little daughter to the locker room and asks her (in Finnish) "look, who's that baldy one?". I wonder who that was. ;)

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What puzzles me a bit is, that after the second goal other players celebrate, but Ring seems to be raging first on Moralez and then Sweat, as if he thought it was wrongly scored... :grin: And in the closing seconds of the clip he guides his little daughter to the locker room and asks her (in Finnish) "look, who's that baldy one?". I wonder who that was. ;)
Coach, obviously.