Dispersal Draft 11/19/14

Goalkeepers:
Dan Kennedy
Trevor Spangenberg
Tim Melia

My guess is that Kennedy is going to be coveted by some clubs. An established GK, former captain, could be an positional improvement for many teams, including us.

Spangenberg and Melia are backups with little experience at this level.

Since the draft is so random, if we don't get a top spot I can see us just passing, especially because the draft picks aren't in play

I think we have a very experienced keeper in Josh Saunders who has been excelent with the SAS and helped lead them to the Playoffs in NASL. Playing Cosmos today in semi final.

Reactions: Kjbert
With the random draft order, we are more likely to get a player from Chivas through the expansion draft, after some other team picks him up and then leaves him unprotected.

With the random draft order, we are more likely to get a player from Chivas through the expansion draft, after some other team picks him up and then leaves him unprotected.
Not actually random, NYCFC gets as many envelopes as the worse MLS clubs. So a good chance of a high pick.

I doubt that will end up happening. In the expansion draft, teams can pass and it ends after all teams have passed. So I don't see teams picking up a player if they plan to leave him up in the expansion draft, unless they are just taking a flyer. Any remaining CUSA players will end up in the league's re-entry draft.

One of the odd quirks of MLS, we will be involved in at least 4 drafts prior to next season. (Dispersal, Expansion, Re-Entry, Super, Supplemental if it still exists this season)

Not entirely worried. If we don' get Kennedy, then someone else will - and then they will have a glut of GKs.

There will be a very good GK available - be it Kennedy or someone unprotected in the Expansion Draft.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I doubt that will end up happening. In the expansion draft, teams can pass and it ends after all teams have passed. So I don't see teams picking up a player if they plan to leave him up in the expansion draft, unless they are just taking a flyer. Any remaining CUSA players will end up in the league's re-entry draft.

I don't think a team will shy away from taking a player in the dispersal draft just because there is a chance an expansion team will steal them. It's a risk without a cost, so why not go for it. I also doubt many of the picks in the dispersal draft will be protected, as the additions won't be star players and will have only been around a few weeks on paper. Not exactly a ton of clear value there to protect them over other players.

How many picks do we get?
From my understanding, it goes up until either all players are picked or every team passes. So, in theory we could have enough picks to pick every player available if all other teams decide they don't want anybody. We could also have zero picks if we get unlucky and draw a late pick and all players are picked prior to our turn.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I think Reo-Coker would be worth a punt. Will their academy players be in the draft?
His salary is $237,362 he also would take an International slot. I think that NYCFC have enough pull to bring a better international player for that money.

His salary is $237,362 he also would take an International slot. I think that NYCFC have enough pull to bring a better international player for that money.
Absolutely agree, NRC is probably the last player Kreis will take.

Lets just forget Kennedy and Torres for a minute, Here's who you want:
(info lifted from Goat Parade, which can be read here: http://www.thegoatparade.com/2014/1...t-guide-mls-2014-2015-dan-kennedy-cubo-torres)

• Andrew Jean-Baptiste, D: Had a disappointing season, in part due to lengthy injury layoffs, but played fullback for the first time in his career in a pinch. The big things going for him are A.) He's young (22) and B.) Coaches will probably give him the benefit of the doubt for getting sucked into the Chivas USA vortex. He'll likely be going to a new MLS team.

• Marky Delgado, M: Another youngster, and Delgado's a 19-year-old with plenty of MLS experience at a variety of positions. He's played central midfield, wide midfield and both fullback slots in two seasons. Has had minor season-ending knee surgery two years in a row, so there may be concerns about durability, but the Homegrown player has a lot of upside.

• Thomas McNamara, M: Will be coming off a major knee injury, but McNamara impressed early in the year before tearing his ACL. Speed wasn't really a main part of his game anyway, so he should likely find a new home and show the versatility he had with CUSA before the injury.

• Ryan Finley, F: Is a hustler, but hasn't shown much chemistry with strike partners at two different teams, albeit in limited minutes. His reported attitude problem upon being sent to the Columbus Crew's USL PRO affiliate on loan before the trade to Chivas midseason may not help his cause around MLS, though he was well-regarded at Notre Dame.

• Martin Rivero, M: He has a lot of talent, but can't stay healthy, as he tore his ACL after finally getting into fitness this season. I could see a team picking him and then maybe stashing him on IR, but I could just as likely see him go back to South America with MLS scouts watching to see if he can get a string of games together.

And these if possible (all on loan to Chivas USA):
  • Felix Borja, F: Seemed open to staying in MLS following the last game, but is on loan from LDU Quito. He scored three goals in his last four games, so may have caught some eyes around the league, and his experience and prodigious jumping ability could prove useful. But his option would have to be picked up, and it's unknown if he's going to be eligible for the Dispersal Draft.

• Luis Bolaños, F: Also on loan from LDU Quito, but he barely got on the field for Chivas, so don't expect him to be back in MLS.

• Leandro Barrera, M/F: Another on-loaner, from Argentinos Juniors, and he's an interesting case. He played a lot, showed he could do some winger tasks very well, and showed he has a lot of work to do in the crossing and finishing departments. My inclination is that he won't be back in MLS next year, but there could be a coach out there willing to work on polishing the diamond in the rough up.

Absolutely agree, NRC is probably the last player Kreis will take.

Lets just forget Kennedy and Torres for a minute, Here's who you want:
(info lifted from Goat Parade, which can be read here: http://www.thegoatparade.com/2014/1...t-guide-mls-2014-2015-dan-kennedy-cubo-torres)

• Andrew Jean-Baptiste, D: Had a disappointing season, in part due to lengthy injury layoffs, but played fullback for the first time in his career in a pinch. The big things going for him are A.) He's young (22) and B.) Coaches will probably give him the benefit of the doubt for getting sucked into the Chivas USA vortex. He'll likely be going to a new MLS team.

• Marky Delgado, M: Another youngster, and Delgado's a 19-year-old with plenty of MLS experience at a variety of positions. He's played central midfield, wide midfield and both fullback slots in two seasons. Has had minor season-ending knee surgery two years in a row, so there may be concerns about durability, but the Homegrown player has a lot of upside.

• Thomas McNamara, M: Will be coming off a major knee injury, but McNamara impressed early in the year before tearing his ACL. Speed wasn't really a main part of his game anyway, so he should likely find a new home and show the versatility he had with CUSA before the injury.

• Ryan Finley, F: Is a hustler, but hasn't shown much chemistry with strike partners at two different teams, albeit in limited minutes. His reported attitude problem upon being sent to the Columbus Crew's USL PRO affiliate on loan before the trade to Chivas midseason may not help his cause around MLS, though he was well-regarded at Notre Dame.

• Martin Rivero, M: He has a lot of talent, but can't stay healthy, as he tore his ACL after finally getting into fitness this season. I could see a team picking him and then maybe stashing him on IR, but I could just as likely see him go back to South America with MLS scouts watching to see if he can get a string of games together.

And these if possible (all on loan to Chivas USA):
  • Felix Borja, F: Seemed open to staying in MLS following the last game, but is on loan from LDU Quito. He scored three goals in his last four games, so may have caught some eyes around the league, and his experience and prodigious jumping ability could prove useful. But his option would have to be picked up, and it's unknown if he's going to be eligible for the Dispersal Draft.

• Luis Bolaños, F: Also on loan from LDU Quito, but he barely got on the field for Chivas, so don't expect him to be back in MLS.

• Leandro Barrera, M/F: Another on-loaner, from Argentinos Juniors, and he's an interesting case. He played a lot, showed he could do some winger tasks very well, and showed he has a lot of work to do in the crossing and finishing departments. My inclination is that he won't be back in MLS next year, but there could be a coach out there willing to work on polishing the diamond in the rough up.

Very informative! Thanks for sharing bro. Also thank you for including the source. All about giving credit.

I thought was being very open in saying I lifted it from another site and gave that other site a link reference.

Its work by the ever great ex-Chivas USA site, Goat Parade. But I did limit my plagiarism to the players I think NYC will want.

I thought was being very open in saying I lifted it from another site and gave that other site a link reference.

Its work by the ever great ex-Chivas USA site, Goat Parade. But I did limit my plagiarism to the players I think NYC will want.
Yup that's why I said thanks (wasn't being sarcastic).