Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

I would look at one of the players who plays for Juventus in Serie A. His name is Sebastian Giovinco. He's short and very speedy and doesn't really start or play too much for Juve. In fact, there were many rumors of him signing with Arsenal in January where he may actually get some playing time. At age 27, he's still in his game and I could see him playing for us!

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Very unlikely but Ronaldinho would be so much fun to watch as well as Zlatan. Those two would be my dream DPs. Other then that i feel like we should move for younger more established players.

Yeah I agree Yorka! Yorka! I'd prefer a younger team. I also think that with two strong backers that we have they'll want success and we will see some big names coming to the club. Just hoping they'll go for young talent and not older players at the end of their career.
Has anyone considered Chicharito? He already has a very strong fan base in the states being from Mexico and is quite the explosive player.

I see Altidore as a definite possibility. Mostly because he's sucking wind right now with Sunderland. I'd love to see Giovinco here, but doubt it'll happen. I would LOVE to see Ibra here. I hate PSG, but he is just WOW. Would also love to see Schweinstager but it'll never happen haha

I don't think it would be a bad thing to have an older player around for the first few seasons. The experience might help especially with the younger signings and it's always been fun watchin names like Beckham and Henry in the MLS

The MLS definitely needs it. It's also important for drawing people in the stadium. I say Rodwell as our top signing but at the same time your general NYC public might need someone like Dempsey or Jozy to be drawn. Simply because of familiarity. Or a bigger European star such as chicharito

I've heard rumors of Lampard and Xabi Alonso possibly wanting to make a move to the MLS. I wouldn't mind either in the center of the midfield

I would love to see Lampard, Alonso, or Rodwell (especially Rodwell) but if Chicarito comes here, I won't be happy. I don't like him

See, what I don't understand is people saying "very unlikely"

Here's the thing, if TORONTO could go from huge losers with a fraction of our money and get Jermain Defoe, Michael Bradley, Gilberto, and Julio Cesar (on loan I realize) then the bar has been raised.

City knows they have to make a splash. Part of me thinks the reason they really wanted Kreis to go to England was to get used to being around big celebrity players -- something Kreis never really had in Salt Lake.

So, to me, when you say "not likely" that's what's probably "likely."

Ibra, Chicharito,Podolski, Nasri, Dzeko, Xavi, David Villa....

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
And the thought of Dzeko and Nasri in New York City makes my knees weak #brb #fanboying haha

I think Dzeko is very likely given the depth of strikers city have right now. It feels like they've been trying to get rid of him for awhile but he somehow scores a clutch goal and they end up keeping him

I think Dzeko is very likely given the depth of strikers city have right now. It feels like they've been trying to get rid of him for awhile but he somehow scores a clutch goal and they end up keeping him

I don't know so much about Dzeko although it is a possibility, but I considered the possibility of the SALE of Guidetti and Sinclair to NYCFC

Do loans count as DP slots?
They can but it depends on what the salary split the two clubs making the loans have.

But since NYCFC and MCFC are both one and the same, as far as I understand it, the league has the agreement that anyone on the books at MCFC that comes to NYCFC on loan won't count as a DP because City can arrange it to not be a DP anyway. So they get the 4 loan spots plus 3 DPs.

So in reality, NYCFC could have the equivalent of 7 DPs....

They won't though. Most likely the 4 players on loan will be City Academy players

Yep. City's academy players are likely to be on low enough wages currently that they could play as part of the wage budget without any subsidising from City.

I don't think NYCFC should get players from Manchester because then NYCFC is depending on City to much. Players like Xavi and Lampard would be a major asset for the team despite of their age. Almost all DP players are kind of 'old' because players in Europe don't want to play in the MLS on a early age. Just because they are eager to succeed in the 'bigger' competition.

I hope NYCFC and new sponsor Etihad can bring the MLS on a higher level and make it more attractive.