Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

As it turns out, if MCFC loans a player making DP money in total, then it counts as a DP in MLS regardless of how they write it in their books...So I was mistaken.

Last edited:
I'd LOVE to have Nasri with us.

Aside for maybe Ibra, Nasri is who I want the most. He'd work wonders in MLS.

I wouldn't mind Torres either. He's struggled at Chelsea and has lost his starting position. Making his way to the MLS might help him regain the form he once had during his time at Liverpool

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Nasri would be a hell of a pickup. I actually really like him in City.... when he's turned on... but this dude played almost an entire season last year looking like the worst player on the team.

Nasri would be a hell of a pickup. I actually really like him in City.... when he's turned on... but this dude played almost an entire season last year looking like the worst player on the team.
Not to put our league down, but where would the best player in MLS today rank on the ManC squad?

Donovan is starting to look old and so is Dempsey. Only Michael Bradley might finish off the bottom....

So I guess what I'm saying is, even if he were the worst, he'd still be pretty damn good over here.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
He's not the worst by any means at all. Nasri is a world class player, he just wasnt there at all last year. Him and Mancini didn't see eye to eye and he wasn't motivated.
Truthfully, I couldn't see anyone in the MLS starting in front of the City 11, the City healthy 11 should I add. We have some gaps in our defense right now, especially with Nastasic out.

In an interview with Jason Kreis he said that NYCFC would be taking 4 players on loan from MCFC. Most likely those players will be from the U-21 or U-18 squads

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I wouldn't mind Torres either. He's struggled at Chelsea and has lost his starting position. Making his way to the MLS might help him regain the form he once had during his time at Liverpool
I'm a big fan of El Nino

Fernando Torres might be a good player indeed. A couple of days ago I heard Manchester City wanted to sign Torres, but don't know what it's worth or if it is based on truth. But if City was to sign Torres he maybe will move to New York eventually.

Fernando Torres might be a good player indeed. A couple of days ago I heard Manchester City wanted to sign Torres, but don't know what it's worth or if it is based on truth. But if City was to sign Torres he maybe will move to New York eventually.

City were interested in him about three years ago. I don't think he's been a serious target for a while though.

Posted a comprehensive article about this very issue if you're interested. Took me quite a while to complete. Check my twitter or simply click here if interested: http://bit.ly/1huXDuL

I'd post it directly here as well, but I don't think the character limit would be very fond of that. I don't mean for this to come off as self-promotion. If this post ruffles any feathers, please delete it.

Nasri would be cool but he has an ego, might be too much of an ask for him to play with inferior talent

Nasri would be cool but he has an ego, might be too much of an ask for him to play with inferior talent

He has an ego with the French national team. He never seems to cause any problems with City at all.

That said, he's been one of City's best performers recently. He's still only in his late 20s, I think City could offer him another contract extension soon.

He has an ego with the French national team. He never seems to cause any problems with City at all.

That said, he's been one of City's best performers recently. He's still only in his late 20s, I think City could offer him another contract extension soon.
That's cuz he's being paid a king's ransom and playing with world class talent

I could dig that.

Perhaps that should be one of the first major campaigns encouraging the club to make an attempt for Balotelli IF there is the slightest chance. As I've said a few times if you don't ask you don't get. It would bring an insane, unprecedented level of interest. It would be different to Beckham as he was the safe, corporate option. Balotelli would spell danger x 100000 but its New York. The bold, brave option should sometimes be taken over the safe, corporate option. Even if it was for one season and he moved back to Europe afterwards.

Its not as if the club couldn't afford him. The MLS would love to have him they would get behind any movement. Ibrahimovic as far as "cult of personality" may come close but at his age even that wouldn't spark headlines Balotelli would.

Unrealistic yes. Impossible no. Just today the president of one of Brazil's leading clubs, Flamengo commented on rumours of a move there. Infact there were rumours that Adidas wanted to fund a bid...and remember who has the shirt deal with MLS...

Last edited: