Forums Safe Again!

It's a good reminder to all us moochers that this thing actually takes work to create and keep going.

Thank you much!!!
Thanks for the support!
They’ve reauthenticated the security license and we should be good now. If you still get the warning it might have to do with cookies.
Everything’s become a lot more expensive unfortunately but this has always been a passion of mine. Monthly hosting is $45 and then the yearly domain renewal/SSL is $60. With my job over the last year I haven’t had as much time free due to commute and a 10-12 hour work day so I know I haven’t been as active as I’d like.

Thanks for the support!
They’ve reauthenticated the security license and we should be good now. If you still get the warning it might have to do with cookies.
Everything’s become a lot more expensive unfortunately but this has always been a passion of mine. Monthly hosting is $45 and then the yearly domain renewal/SSL is $60. With my job over the last year I haven’t had as much time free due to commute and a 10-12 hour work day so I know I haven’t been as active as I’d like.
I appreciate this is a passion project, but I regularly give to "free" media sources I consume. There is no media source I visit more regularly than this. If cost sharing would be a help, I'd gladly kick in. Maybe 12 of us each take a month?

Reactions: Shwafta and Seth
I appreciate this is a passion project, but I regularly give to "free" media sources I consume. There is no media source I visit more regularly than this. If cost sharing would be a help, I'd gladly kick in. Maybe 12 of us each take a month?
We did this when Dan upgraded the forum, and I think doing it again is a good idea. Give us all some good-feely during this bad stretch the team is in as well, hah.

We did this when Dan upgraded the forum, and I think doing it again is a good idea. Give us all some good-feely during this bad stretch the team is in as well, hah.

I'll Zelle (or Venmo) $50 for 1/12 of the year. Just let me know the details. Or I'll bring cash to the 9/7, 9/14. 9/17 games.

I'll Zelle (or Venmo) $50 for 1/12 of the year. Just let me know the details. Or I'll bring cash to the 9/7, 9/14. 9/17 games.
There used to be a "donate!" button on the bottom of the forum that dan stuck in after we finally convinced him to do it... but it seems he removed it, lol.

Yo dan c:

There used to be a "donate!" button on the bottom of the forum that dan stuck in after we finally convinced him to do it... but it seems he removed it, lol.

Yo dan c:
I just feel bad as there’s nothing I can do in return. Took down that and the google ads a year or so ago.
Thank you for the kind words and willingness to help. If anyone would like to feel free to shoot me a message. Not something I want to make y’all feel obligated to do.

I just feel bad as there’s nothing I can do in return. Took down that and the google ads a year or so ago.
Thank you for the kind words and willingness to help. If anyone would like to feel free to shoot me a message. Not something I want to make y’all feel obligated to do.
I’ll speak on behalf of all the posters here that I’ve never met in person but I know agree, you creating and maintaining these forums which has created this community as well as real and cyber friendships all based around a common enjoyed interest is something we all are truly grateful for. This shared community that you keep running everyday, year after year has really been something we all love and appreciate. So trust me, you have definitely given more than enough to us. So thank you.

Thanks for the support!
Everything’s become a lot more expensive unfortunately but this has always been a passion of mine. Monthly hosting is $45 and then the yearly domain renewal/SSL is $60.
Anyone remember that last year around this time we talked about pitching in for the forum costs? DM Dan and he'll share his Venmo.

Reactions: Shwafta
Anyone remember that last year around this time we talked about pitching in for the forum costs? DM Dan and he'll share his Venmo.
I really appreciate that and put it towards our private domain registration the next 2 years. LionNYC LionNYC has taken over as owner of the forums.
I started dealing with some things about half a year ago and he stepped up and accepted the obligation of owner and has covered the costs since then.
There’s a couple things I need to take care of and I will make time to do that tomorrow (I got you on the anchor background Jon). I still check in often and am really proud of what we’ve built here and the support this forum has shown despite the teams struggles

I am in to help cover the cost - happy to pick up the domain registration fees for a year. LionNYC LionNYC - let me (us?) know how.

I am in to help cover the cost - happy to pick up the domain registration fees for a year. LionNYC LionNYC - let me (us?) know how.
Me too. I post a shitload here and want to contribute to this wacky community that we’ve built. Let me know how I can help LionNYC LionNYC
Of course. It's $60/month to keep the Forums live (which I cover) and $60/year for domain registration (which Dan covers). Though, while I'd suggest instead to donate to a charity/foundation of your choice that does great work for the world (and is tax deductible), if you care to help out, please DM me and/or Dan and we can provide Venmo/Zelle/PayPal/etc. to help out. We thank you for your support in advance as we all love what we've built here as a community of likeminded NYCFC enthusiasts.

Of course. It's $60/month to keep the Forums live (which I cover) and $60/year for domain registration (which Dan covers). Though, while I'd suggest instead to donate to a charity/foundation of your choice that does great work for the world (and is tax deductible), if you care to help out, please DM me and/or Dan and we can provide Venmo/Zelle/PayPal/etc. to help out. We thank you for your support in advance as we all love what we've built here as a community of likeminded NYCFC enthusiasts.
DaleNewYork

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.01.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.01.48 PM.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 9