Home 06/28 - Red Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone have info if there will be a tifo? and what/where the march to stadium is?

Reactions: Kjbert
So Saturday's going to be a crap-show with the rain and thankfully it looks like it'll push out Sunday morning. Wondering how the field will hold up.

Field will mostly be fine. There is one glaring exception; the part that's over the infield. I hate that section and I'm sure the players do too. (Which is why they avoid it like the plague.)

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
So Saturday's going to be a crap-show with the rain and thankfully it looks like it'll push out Sunday morning. Wondering how the field will hold up.

I think one of the only good things about playing on a baseball field is that the grounds crew has the equipment and are experts in keeping water off the field. I'm sure they will just keep it covered Saturday if it rains hard.

Reactions: SayWhat44
I think one of the only good things about playing on a baseball field is that the grounds crew has the equipment and are experts in keeping water off the field. I'm sure they will just keep it covered Saturday if it rains hard.

And not so just for us...their world-class grounds crew will make sure that the field doesn't get mucked up for their beloved Yankees too.

Yeah and Sunday should be fine so I think they'll be able to take care of it. Changing fields with no issues so far is an testament to how good this grounds crew is.

Reactions: gbservis
I'm a little worried that our players will be ready for this match. I know they'll be rested since we haven't played since Saturday, but there's been so many appearance and media by all of our players. Mix was out in Brooklyn last night then in Connecticut for ESPN. Andrew Jacobson was at a Wells Fargo for 2.5 hours. When do our players have training and meetings?

Supporters bringing rainbow flags? Would be a good visual for a major turning point in American history
I like the idea, but i'm afraid that may be a bit too political for a football supporter's group? Also, even though public support for same-sex marriage has risen dramatically, it is still controversial enough that it may risk alienating some folks, which we should not do. I'm happy with the supreme court decision, i'm just not sure if it's something that belongs in the supporter's section.
Thoughts?

I like the idea, but i'm afraid that may be a bit too political for a football supporter's group? Also, even though public support for same-sex marriage has risen dramatically, it is still controversial enough that it may risk alienating some folks, which we should not do. I'm happy with the supreme court decision, i'm just not sure if it's something that belongs in the supporter's section.
Thoughts?

They always have a rainbow flag in the supporters section. I don't think it's that big a deal, never has been, and never should be.

Thoughts?

I don't think its controversial in NY. My dads 83 and said good for them.

Reactions: TommyM and JayH
Status
Not open for further replies.