Home - 07/19 TFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto blog Waking the Red has confirmed that both Bradley and Altidore will be called in after the group stages (assuming complete disaster doesn't occur tomorrow and the US qualifies to the next round). They will miss the NYCFC game on the 19th.

Bruce has also hinted several times that he is going to call in Howard as well, but I've heard that it is to replace Guzan. So I would be shocked to get SJ back.

If the USMNT goes to the final, it would be a short turnaround for the NYCFC game against Toronto on the 30th - so maybe Bradley and Jozy don't start that one either.
That sucks. I want to see how we do against their full team

Was worried about traffic getting to Metlife and not arriving frantically - also don't want to miss too much of the beginning of Barca if traffic is rough.
If you park in YS parking use the 161st Street garage which has the best access to the Deegan northbound from the lower level exit. If you park elsewhere pick somewhere north of the stadium and you might be better of taking surface streets. While at the NYC game, start checking google maps around halftime to see how long it says it will take to get from your spot to MetLife. Keep checking every 10 minutes or so, and leave when your comfort level says so, leaving time to pick up the car, etc.

Ives on twitter said Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley, Tim Howard, Darlington Nagbe and Clint Dempsey have already joined the team. And that Jesse Gonzalez is on the way.
So perhaps we will get Johnson back. Hopefully Dax stays with the team as well

ETA: literally just read elsewhere that Johnson is coming back after he group stage and will be available for this one

Last edited:
So perhaps we will get Johnson back. Hopefully Dax stays with the team as well

ETA: literally just read elsewhere that Johnson is coming back after he group stage and will be available for this one
Where did you see that? Seems like the speculation is that it is Hamid and Guzan going home. My guess is that Agudelo, Corona, Hamid, Guzan, Pontius, Rowe are the 6 going home.

Reactions: LionNYC
Where did you see that? Seems like the speculation is that it is Hamid and Guzan going home. My guess is that Agudelo, Corona, Hamid, Guzan, Pontius, Rowe are the 6 going home.

This. I've read Hamid is going home. As is Guzan.

That will be great for Johnson if he starts with the team. He wants to get back in the mix and that's the way to do it.

We should be fine with eirik. He'll get more confidence, and we shouldn't be under assault against that depleted team

I'm pissed if Johnson doesn't get the start tonight. I will not have my keeper taken away for a month only for him to not play.
Agree. It'd be one thing if Guzan had played flawlessly, but his performance left so much wanting that Johnson should get a chance in net. I never understand calling in three GK for the gold cup minnows round and not actually testing the 2/3 guys in a real game

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'm pissed if Johnson doesn't get the start tonight. I will not have my keeper taken away for a month only for him to not play.
No start tonight. I thought the odds were long that he would make it to Russia, but I figured if he got a shot and impressed in this tournament that he could have slid into the 3rd spot. Looks like that won't be happening.

This is a circle flow of speculation because I based my speculation on your speculation.
So take this with a grain of salt, but I read this on the TR Facebook page from two members that this was passed on to them by players who were at the M&N event the other night.

I don't know either of them personally, but both seemed very matter of fact about it, so I find myself believing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.