Houston Postmatch

Iraola got some love from Matt Doyle.

2. David Villa was sensational with a brace
in NYCFC's 2-0 win at Houston on Friday night. Equally sensational and far more unsung was the other Spaniard in the lineup, d-mid Andoni Iraola.

I still can't figure out why teams haven't attempted to overrun him with numbers in the central channel like the Red Bulls did back in July during that 4-1 win, but I doubt there'll be any complaints about that from the Bronx. Iraola has his shortcomings, but NYCFC have been able to minimize them and he's been an essential part of their week-to-week consistency.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...captain-fantastic-leads-RBNJ-and-more-week-30

Iraola got some love from Matt Doyle.

2. David Villa was sensational with a brace
in NYCFC's 2-0 win at Houston on Friday night. Equally sensational and far more unsung was the other Spaniard in the lineup, d-mid Andoni Iraola.

I still can't figure out why teams haven't attempted to overrun him with numbers in the central channel like the Red Bulls did back in July during that 4-1 win, but I doubt there'll be any complaints about that from the Bronx. Iraola has his shortcomings, but NYCFC have been able to minimize them and he's been an essential part of their week-to-week consistency.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...captain-fantastic-leads-RBNJ-and-more-week-30

Interesting note there. I wonder what line-up we would play now with no Lampard against NJRB?

I also love that the official MLS site refers to them as Red Bull New Jersey in the URL.

Highlighting the Behind the Scenes video...

I really enjoy that they're longer. A few things stand out:
- The atmosphere outside the stadium prematch, including the Chic Fil A cow
- "Mr. Harrison" said by the kid who is probably 4-5 years younger than Jack
- That field looked really shitty. Yankee Stadium has better grass.

Reactions: Kjbert

That was actually about a half a street block closed off with a bunch of promotional tents with random giveaways and such. Chick-fil-a did have a big set up, as did Budweiser who was giving out sliders and mini beers. Cool thing is it was next to a bar (Lucky's) so the movement between the two areas was pretty easy.

The perks of a downtown area stadium I guess.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH

- "Mr. Harrison" said by the kid who is probably 4-5 years younger than Jack
- That field looked really shitty. Yankee Stadium has better grass.

The Behind the Scenes videos are my favorite. I usually eagerly await for them to be posted after a game.

I always wonder how the DPs feel about the screaming fans. And signing autographs all the time.

I wanna know the story behind Villa spraying the kit man with water before every game. It's obviously a pre-game ritual, but how did it start?

Reactions: Schwallacus
I always wonder how the DPs feel about the screaming fans. And signing autographs all the time?

From watching that video, its insane the fans screaming for Villa all the time, it never lets up. And this was at a match in Houston! (Also what about those guys behind the bench screaming for attention).

Also, what was with the team walking down that hallway with all those fans on either side (and no security?). The fans looked like they were waiting for the bus or something.

Reactions: Kjbert