Jesus Medina signs as young DP

I'm not sold that this guy is way better than Lewis. More experienced, but that's not really Lewis's fault.
Lewis was a difference maker every time he was lucky enough to see the field. If this guy is no better than Lewis, or heaven forbid worse, which is possible since Lewis was insanely productive with limited minutes/starts, then it’s going to be pretty damning when looking back at how Lewis was utilized last year.

I’m going to wait to see how the new guy performs, but my Lewis-was-Mixed pitchfork is still super sharp and is ready to be pulled out.

Lewis was a difference maker every time he was lucky enough to see the field. If this guy is no better than Lewis, or heaven forbid worse, which is possible since Lewis was insanely productive with limited minutes/starts, then it’s going to be pretty damning when looking back at how Lewis was utilized last year.

I’m going to wait to see how the new guy performs, but my Lewis-was-Mixed pitchfork is still super sharp and is ready to be pulled out.

I think/hope we will rotate our roster a lot more this year. Honestly, Villa and probably Chanot/Callens are the only players that should be on the lineup card in ink. Even Villa should only play 28-30 games this year.

Wallace, Harrison, Lewis, and Medina can all rotate on the wings. Sometimes one or two of them can play the #10 and we can sit Maxi. SAS can play a few games even though I think Tinnerholm might be our best acquisition of the offseason so far. And Sweat at LB behind Matarrita.

We really need some depth at CM, CDM, and CB yet though. Sands can't back up all of those positions. Need at least one more player at all three spots, IMO.

Love the investment in youth, but obviously a big gamble on NYCFC’s part.

Vieira loves his wingers, and I think we have (at the moment) 3 exciting young wingers that any team would love to have. I could see the team adding one more winger through the draft once again for the 4th straight year.

Regardless, it’s great to wake up to see a signing. Hopefully we’ll see more in the next week or so.

Has any club got less production out of 3 DPs than NYCFC since we came into the league?

Union had Bedoya and Edu. Colorado had Howard and the Albanian kid.

3 DPs

Was Almiron a no-brainer last year? I don't follow South American league football so I didn't know of him last year or Medina this year.

Does anyone here that is expressing concerns about this signing actually know anything about him beyond a few highlight videos?

Reactions: Kjbert
Was Almiron a no-brainer last year? I don't follow South American league football so I didn't know of him last year or Medina this year.

Does anyone here that is expressing concerns about this signing actually know anything about him beyond a few highlight videos?

Almiron was headed to Arsenal before Atlanta and Tata stepped in. At least that's the MLS rosy version

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I'm willing to see this play out for a couple of months until I applaud the move or complain.

Our issues are known - lack of consistent secondary scoring option, inconsistent wing play.

Let's see what happens

You are going to complain about "effectiveness" or something is sure

I like the move young DP better then 34 yr old DP or whatever we were linked to

I don't know who you want though? Like actual names.

I'm sure if Atlanta or LAFC or Toronto made this move everyone will say "oh what a great signing we need signings like this" even though some the young South American signings are about to also debut this year we don't know how they will play out in this league

There is still TAM so I'm sure they can get a one or two more signings we still need striker I think and possibly a solid backup CB

But then again it's NYC this town booed the crap out of porzingis when drafted and many signings in baseball football etc get criticized before they even play

Maybe it's an "attitude" thing? PV is big on this humbleness character thing so if someone is being a bit out of line with that he may bench or not put him in 18

Remember when Mikey and Shelton did some Snapchat or something and said something like "oh it don't matter who we playing next we'll beat them" and they didn't even play or in game day 18 I think. Hell, even if you late on your uber for game day like Ethan white did you don't get in the 18